Pingouin

Gotway Tesla V2 1480Wh

45 minutes ago, Murdomeek said:

they need to come out with a 100v tesla ;)

That'd make it a really nice "medium" sized wheel for sure

They do. Its called the Nikola plus! Strangely, its the exact wheel you haveūüėĀ.

Only issue is¬†it's almost 2x the $$$$ at least when compared to my V2 1480ah¬†at $1150 (bought at Ali store) ūüėē

100V Tesla (and using their new 21700 type cells as they do now) means either the (physically bigger) battery would no longer fit in the existing shell, or the battery would be small (900Wh max).

So I think it's unlikely to expect a 100V Tesla. A new nimble 16 incher would be nice, but people seem to buy the 18 inch "16 inchers" with a wide tire (Nikola, 16X) or 18 inchers (msuper etc.) more. So I'm not sure how much interest GW has in a real Tesla sucessor. KS didn't follow up the 16S either.

I'm hoping to see performance 15 inchers with a wide tire (= 16 inch real diameter) and big batteries in the future. That might be the next step for this class of wheel.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:31 PM, Scottie888 said:

They do. Its called the Nikola plus! Strangely, its the exact wheel you haveūüėĀ.

Only issue is¬†it's almost 2x the $$$$ at least when compared to my V2 1480ah¬†at $1150 (bought at Ali store) ūüėē

Haha.  Unfortunately a lot bigger and 20lbs heavier.

Not as portable as the tesla, but I hardly go anywhere with my wheel where i need to walk it.  and 1 flight of stairs isn't too bad

3 hours ago, Murdomeek said:

Haha.  Unfortunately a lot bigger and 20lbs heavier.

Not as portable as the tesla, but I hardly go anywhere with my wheel where i need to walk it.  and 1 flight of stairs isn't too bad

Honestly past a certain point, all things becomes awfully heavy to carry. Although it would seem the Tesla 1480 is fairly svelte at 46.6lbs (I weighed it on a bathroom scale), in real world lifting I find there isn't much diff lifting a Nikola (or MSP) at 10+ lbs more. They're all not portable by any means & goodluck lifting it any higher than the trunk of the car. All things being equal, I would have preferred a Nikola + all day any day.

That said, that's why I also have an Mten3 as my last mile truly portable wheel. Besides fun times, Its what I bring with me to anywhere where the Tesla is too bulky.

Edited by Scottie888

Put 60 miles on my Tesla 1480wh.  Great wheel for the price.   Did close to 25 miles ride with 70% left going 15-18 mph.

2 hours ago, wakk0 said:

Put 60 miles on my Tesla 1480wh.  Great wheel for the price.   Did close to 25 miles ride with 70% left going 15-18 mph.

Nice! I did 52.6 klicks with 52% left as logged via wheellog. Ave was 15kph as I was going on crowded bike paths thru parks but I did hit 40kph. Bonus - it was a perfect day neither hot nor cool & I got to explore a new part of the city with great river scenery. Also got to do some trails on mainly dry & stony dirt in the morning as well.

Hi there.

I'm also planning to get myself a new 1500wh Tesla from Ali, but I'm concern about safety of this modded wheel. For those of you who already have either 1480 or 1500wh variant, any issues so far? Top speed feels safe as well as the original 1020 version?

I am definitely into a 16 inch wheel after having tried out an ACM, MSX, Monster, V10, V11, GT16 and owing a V8. The Nikola would be my perfect wheel but the price isn't that attractive. 
That is why I've chosen the Tesla for both city commuting and semi-off-road paths occasionally.

Looking forward to hearing from your tips and thoughts.

Greets from Madrid 

Its legit the best bang for buck wheel by a HUGE margin.

1500wh for $1100?  Thats $0.73/wh

It also has a top speed of 50kph, nimble in the city, great 16" that is capable on-road and off-road.

The next jump in price is $1700+ which is 54%+ increase in cost.  If you have that kind of budget from the start, you wouldn't be looking at a tesla

Only issues I have (not sure of this is common) is when the lights turn green after charging I unplug it and look at the battery level. Darkness not app says 95% and GW app says 100%. 

36 minutes ago, wakk0 said:

Darkness not app says 95% and GW app says 100%. 

Thats just each apps different way of calculating % from voltage i believe.

In "EUC World" app the user can choose what version they want.  "optimized" or "standard"

Not sure if those apps allow you to choose