Gotway Tesla V2 mod

Pingouin

45 minutes ago, Murdomeek said:

they need to come out with a 100v tesla ;)

That'd make it a really nice "medium" sized wheel for sure

They do. Its called the Nikola plus! Strangely, its the exact wheel you have😁.

Only issue is it's almost 2x the $$$$ at least when compared to my V2 1480ah at $1150 (bought at Ali store) 😕

100V Tesla (and using their new 21700 type cells as they do now) means either the (physically bigger) battery would no longer fit in the existing shell, or the battery would be small (900Wh max).

So I think it's unlikely to expect a 100V Tesla. A new nimble 16 incher would be nice, but people seem to buy the 18 inch "16 inchers" with a wide tire (Nikola, 16X) or 18 inchers (msuper etc.) more. So I'm not sure how much interest GW has in a real Tesla sucessor. KS didn't follow up the 16S either.

I'm hoping to see performance 15 inchers with a wide tire (= 16 inch real diameter) and big batteries in the future. That might be the next step for this class of wheel.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:31 PM, Scottie888 said:

They do. Its called the Nikola plus! Strangely, its the exact wheel you have😁.

Only issue is it's almost 2x the $$$$ at least when compared to my V2 1480ah at $1150 (bought at Ali store) 😕

Haha.  Unfortunately a lot bigger and 20lbs heavier.

Not as portable as the tesla, but I hardly go anywhere with my wheel where i need to walk it.  and 1 flight of stairs isn't too bad

3 hours ago, Murdomeek said:

Haha.  Unfortunately a lot bigger and 20lbs heavier.

Not as portable as the tesla, but I hardly go anywhere with my wheel where i need to walk it.  and 1 flight of stairs isn't too bad

Honestly past a certain point, all things becomes awfully heavy to carry. Although it would seem the Tesla 1480 is fairly svelte at 46.6lbs (I weighed it on a bathroom scale), in real world lifting I find there isn't much diff lifting a Nikola (or MSP) at 10+ lbs more. They're all not portable by any means & goodluck lifting it any higher than the trunk of the car. All things being equal, I would have preferred a Nikola + all day any day.

That said, that's why I also have an Mten3 as my last mile truly portable wheel. Besides fun times, Its what I bring with me to anywhere where the Tesla is too bulky.

Edited by Scottie888

2 hours ago, wakk0 said:

Put 60 miles on my Tesla 1480wh.  Great wheel for the price.   Did close to 25 miles ride with 70% left going 15-18 mph.

Nice! I did 52.6 klicks with 52% left as logged via wheellog. Ave was 15kph as I was going on crowded bike paths thru parks but I did hit 40kph. Bonus - it was a perfect day neither hot nor cool & I got to explore a new part of the city with great river scenery. Also got to do some trails on mainly dry & stony dirt in the morning as well.

Hi there.

I'm also planning to get myself a new 1500wh Tesla from Ali, but I'm concern about safety of this modded wheel. For those of you who already have either 1480 or 1500wh variant, any issues so far? Top speed feels safe as well as the original 1020 version?

I am definitely into a 16 inch wheel after having tried out an ACM, MSX, Monster, V10, V11, GT16 and owing a V8. The Nikola would be my perfect wheel but the price isn't that attractive. 
That is why I've chosen the Tesla for both city commuting and semi-off-road paths occasionally.

Looking forward to hearing from your tips and thoughts.

Greets from Madrid 

Its legit the best bang for buck wheel by a HUGE margin.

1500wh for $1100?  Thats $0.73/wh

It also has a top speed of 50kph, nimble in the city, great 16" that is capable on-road and off-road.

The next jump in price is $1700+ which is 54%+ increase in cost.  If you have that kind of budget from the start, you wouldn't be looking at a tesla

36 minutes ago, wakk0 said:

Darkness not app says 95% and GW app says 100%. 

Thats just each apps different way of calculating % from voltage i believe.

In "EUC World" app the user can choose what version they want.  "optimized" or "standard"

Not sure if those apps allow you to choose

• Like 1

I'm at about 19 days so I'm not expecting it for a week or two yet... but the tracking info is unlike anything I've seen before. It initially showed some basic info (maybe a pickup from the origin) and then it referenced a UPS tracking number that shows the destination as being somewhere in Quebec (I'm in BC). The UPS info only shows a label having been created, and the original tracking number is now 'not found' by any tracking website. Fingers crossed that it's on a ship in the ocean somewhere by now!

5 hours ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Anybody gotten this recently? I'm going on 60 days and the tracking still shows the package in china...

Errr I could always be wrong but I think your wheel has already left China (by ship I think). UPS (or whoever the final courier service is) won't have updates until the pkg clears customs. In normal times, the whole process takes approx 5-6weeks but in these uncommon times, covid shipping delays may cause the process to take 2-3months. Alls I can say is be patient (I know I know its not easy) & it'll arrive.

You should already have a UPS tracking # so keep updating that. One of these days, you'll be surprised! I think you can cancel the order if the wheel doesn't arrive by 90days but check your Ali order. It should state quite clearly there.

53 minutes ago, I_Must_Bust said:

I don't have the UPS tracking info yet. All I've seen is text saying that there is no updated logistics info and a tracking number from the chinese shipping company that doesn't lead anywhere.

Sorry to have to say this but that's weird! I got my UPS tracking # within a few days of placing the order. That said, the UPS site says shipping label has been created on that specific date & will be updated once the shipment arrives at their facility ie. once it clears customs & is sent to UPS. From that time onwards, UPS starts to track the shipment on their way to me. But I had to wait til the wheel clears customs & is sent to UPS before I knew anything.

If you bought it from an Ali store, Ali itself has shipment protection. If you paid via paypal, paypal also has protection & if you paid via paypal CC, then you've got double the payment protection. Normally, one can start a payment dispute with Ali after 90 days.

Otherwise contact the seller via email to check on shipment. Advise them you'd start a paypal (or CC) dispute if they don't give you a satisfactory reply.

Edited by Scottie888

1 hour ago, I_Must_Bust said:

@Scottie888 Yeah it does seem  weird. They said it should arrive in US customs my the end of this month when I talked to they a few weeks back so I'll contact them tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

No worries brother. It could also be that they are using a different shipping method with a different tracking system. Whatever it is, FS from Ali generally denotes no tracking available when its on the ship itself. Tracking only works once its in country & is with the final last mile courier.

Hope it arrives soon so u can have some riding time. If I'm not incorrect, Connecticut is kinda like Canada but in a milder sorta way so I'm guessing winter is fast approaching for u as well. Would not be cool if it arrives just when the cold weather hits. Goodluck bud

Edited by Scottie888

11 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

No worries brother. It could also be that they are using a different shipping method with a different tracking system. Whatever it is, FS from Ali generally denotes no tracking available when its on the ship itself. Tracking only works once its in country & is with the final last mile courier.

Hope it arrives soon so u can have some riding time. If I'm not incorrect, Connecticut is kinda like Canada but in a milder sorta way so I'm guessing winter is fast approaching for u as well. Would not be cool if it arrives just when the cold weather hits. Goodluck bud

Not quite on the level of Canada -- I'm still pretty far south of you in Calgary and I'm right on the coast so I have some time. I think I'll have through November and into December depending on timing of snowfall. I don't mind bundling up for winter rides so long as there's no ice and snow. Still around 70F/21C here this past week.

34 minutes ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Not quite on the level of Canada -- I'm still pretty far south of you in Calgary and I'm right on the coast so I have some time. I think I'll have through November and into December depending on timing of snowfall. I don't mind bundling up for winter rides so long as there's no ice and snow. Still around 70F/21C here this past week.

Ya Calgary's in the low (low low) 20C's this week as well ... for now. Southern Alberta (Calgary included) is in one of the few rare Chinooks zones where weather can change on a dime. It's not rare for us to experience all 4 seasons in a day!

Anyhoos do be aware that battery output drops dramatically when temp drops so adjust your range accordingly. Wouldn't wanna be outta juice & have to cab it home as the cab fare would likely power the wheel for year!

This may not apply here, but if you order Ali -> Europe, often the shipping tracking info only starts when the package is in the hands of the European shipper and just a few days away from being delivered.

So you might just get no tracking info until the wheel has already been in the US for a few days and is only days away from you. Suddenly it appears and is in your hands soon after.

The alternative would be seriously delayed shipping by the seller. But if he has shipped and you have some kind of proof of that, I think you might just be in the loooong silent phase before a sudden rush of stuff happening.

45 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This may not apply here, but if you order Ali -> Europe, often the shipping tracking info only starts when the package is in the hands of the European shipper and just a few days away from being delivered.

So you might just get no tracking info until the wheel has already been in the US for a few days and is only days away from you. Suddenly it appears and is in your hands soon after.

The alternative would be seriously delayed shipping by the seller. But if he has shipped and you have some kind of proof of that, I think you might just be in the loooong silent phase before a sudden rush of stuff happening.

yeah this is what I'm hoping for

4 hours ago, Mr M said:

Does it mean that Gotway will release 1500wh version with 21700?

Seems to be so. Guess GW heard the screams from their dealers that the 1020 version isn't moving coz the 1480 sells for similar $$$$!

FWIW the 1480 is legit! There's at least 40-50ish miles in that tank. At least I haven't been able to run it dry as yet.

• Like 1

• Pingouin changed the title to Gotway Tesla V2 mod