What do you think of CYT H-5183 (Sparrow) knobby pattern?

Llorx

They seem small knobs, so I'm not sure, but is prepared for MTB. The 16x3 tire I found has max PSI 35 (is what I'm actually riding) but having such a small max PSI makes me think that is not a "hard" tire and may break easily. What I found is not a bike tire but a burley tire (at least is how the shop sells it, I guess maybe because of the small size compared to a MTB). This is the pattern: http://www.chaoyangtire.com/index.php/pro/pro-details/6/334?type=PLUS&name=SPARROW

15560306352306nu5kz[1].png

I would imagine that it would grip extremely well on grass and dirt, but the small knobs might wear out fast. After all we have our whole weight on the single wheel, twisting the tire back and forth on asphalt.

Other than that it probably has a sidewall that’s thin and very flexible and possibly a bit wild to carve on an EUC. Someone tried a bicycle tire on an EUC and said that it was way too soft.

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Other than that it probably has a sidewall that’s thin and very flexible and possibly a bit wild to carve on an EUC. Someone tried a bicycle tire on an EUC and said that it was way too soft.

Didn't know that someone already tested a bike one. Exactly what I was thinking will happen. 35 max PSI and the seller saying that is "semi-soft" in the description. Nothing more to say.

Well, this is the only 2.75-12 I can find (all the stores in my country have exactly this tire under that category, I don't know why). Is for something called "mini pitbike" which seems a minicross motorcycle. Seems that the knobs have huge gaps, which will be good for really muddy terrain I guess, but for paved road will be a bit weird for sure. The "good" thing is that is cheap (20€) so I can try it and see if it fits and what happens xD at least is not a soft MTB tire.

neumaticos-10-250-10[1].jpg

Edited by Llorx
  • Like 2