Any 16x3 tubeless tire?

Llorx

Heya.

I do a lot of offroad and after only 80km got my first tube problem, so yep, I want to try tubeless on my 16X. Have read a lot about tubeless, a lot about how to convert your non-tubeless system to tubeless and there's some wheels that are already are already manufactured tubeless, so I think that is not a weird thing to have on a EUC.

The problem I see now is that I don't see much 16x3 tubeless tires, so I'm asking, do you have a 16x3 tubeless tire? if so, which one and what are your thoughts about this tire?

what was it that caused the flat, do you know? the problem with putting on a tubeless tire would be that in order to maintain the seal you would need to maintain a higher PSI than youre probably used to and the ride might be a lot less comfortable.... with off roading youre probably used to having a lowish PSI for more absorption, could that be perhaps what caused the flat? there really isnt a big advantage to tubeless on an euc, i mean its not like you wont still get flats with tubeless depending on the situation, sure they have some stuff inside that will fill small holes in the rubber but for how long? and in that case, why not just use "goop" or "slime" for tubes to do the same thing... i would be hesitant to trust the seal on a tubeless tire because eucs have zero shocks whatsoever and a single tire with all of your weight on it at all times, you would need to be very diligent about keeping it at the proper psi and it wont be very comfortable (im just assuming, i havent actually ridden a tubeless tire on an euc, and im not aware of anyone who has, with the mten and Z10 being the exception but of course, they both have very wide and flat tires, much better candidates for tubeless) 

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

Yeah, finally the problem was not the tube, but the tire, which is worse :( here you can see the problem: 

I don't know how it worn-out that way, as I checked the rim and is clean. The only thing I can think of is that it already came that way (bad mounting or whatever).

Because I've read tubeless advantages for offroading (no more snakebites) and saw that some EUCs are tubeless, then I thought that wouldn't be that bad for the 16X, but I guess that is impossible. I'm having a bad time finding a nice 16x3 knobbed tire, so finding a nice 16x3 tubeless tire will be impossible :unsure: Now I'm just looking for a simple 16x3 offroad tire. I don't mind the tube or whatever.

52 minutes ago, Llorx said:

Yeah, finally the problem was not the tube, but the tire, which is worse :( here you can see the problem: 

I don't know how it worn-out that way, as I checked the rim and is clean. The only thing I can think of is that it already came that way (bad mounting or whatever).

Because I've read tubeless advantages for offroading (no more snakebites) and saw that some EUCs are tubeless, then I thought that wouldn't be that bad for the 16X, but I guess that is impossible. I'm having a bad time finding a nice 16x3 knobbed tire, so finding a nice 16x3 tubeless tire will be impossible :unsure: Now I'm just looking for a simple 16x3 offroad tire. I don't mind the tube or whatever.

I think it's merely a defective tire... just a bad casting that's really thin there so the pressure caused it to bulge.. that would be my bet.. it's one in a million probably I've never heard of that before you might be able to get a replacement from your dealer but sucks that you'd have to change it out, if you're looking for an off road tire I can't really help you I have no idea about them but I'm sure they make them in that size.. and if you hit something so hard that it would give you a snake bite then you would have probably blown the seal on a tubeless.. it's the air pressure just make sure it's inflated to the recommended psi for your weight and it should be near impossible to get a flat from that

• Like 2