V11 VS S18 thoughts

evX_Mick

Just caught your vid. I chose the S18 as my Offroad Weapon. But then I already have a long(er) range city wheel so there's that.

Good review btw. I thought u were quite fair & said it as u saw it. Thanks for that!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Unicycle Freedom said:

LOL! I'll take it all! S18 for off-road and V11 for urban commute. If you can affordable.

A tempting proposition! I'm also hanging in there for more details on the GotWay EX as a weekend/long-distance cruiser... That plus S18 for adventures and short commutes might be a nice combo for me =]

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

A tempting proposition! I'm also hanging in there for more details on the GotWay EX as a weekend/long-distance cruiser... That plus S18 for adventures and short commutes might be a nice combo for me =]

Yup thats the plan. For now, I have a Tesla V2 1480ah that'll serve as my long dist rides/commuter/explorer wheel. Together with the S18, I also ordered a Mten3 for going slow doing "parkour" stuff & the S18 will be my designated offroad trails & mtb like weapon. Chooch Tech has a vid exploring the mtb aspects of the S18.

I'm done for now & am awaiting both my new toys. Maybe in a year or 2 when the need for speed itch becomes unbearable, I'll sell the Tesla for the latest greatest version of the Sherm or Monster Pro/EX. I think the S18 might turn out to be a keeper for fun & games in the wild.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from a 35 plus mile ride at 28 plus MPH speeds. 

1. I love my 84V MSX, but man that is hard on your body and if you miss a pot hole, pavement ripple or big bump it could mean taking a spill. Obviously, as you ride faster you risk more, but one thing is clear, I believe having a suspension would add a large element of safety. A: You would be less fatigued from the hard hits over time, in Chooch's video he said the Inmotion V11 was so smooth he could ride it for a lot longer than the S18. B: You would naturally be able to carry more speed and at the same time not risk as much losing control when you hit an unexpected bump, wether turning or riding in a straight line. 

2. It seems to me that the S18 is a more specialized weapon, an off road or extreme urban jungle machine. The V11 though, is the more all around package, everyone has commented on its really powerful motor, generally super smooth operation and incredible headlight. The Achilles heal in the S18 is range. Yes, in most cases it would be ok, but I ride fast and need a wheel that will go the distance and at night I can't see crap with the MSX headlight. Based on @Marty Backe recent range test, it should do 50-55 miles on the production battery, once the bugs are all sorted. 

3. I would definitely pick the V11 as my all around wheel. Something, that hasn't really been mentioned, but is worthy noting or speculating on is cornering ability. I've only heard Chooch talk about this.

A. The V11 allows more cornering angle before it shuts off vs the S18 and has greater ground clearance.

B. That, with the added leverage of the wheel being taller, meaning higher contact points for leverage, should mean it is a cornering monster. I used to do trackways with Motorcycles and leverage makes a big difference in your ability to control a bike at full lean, hence the need for tank pads, and a firm outside foot grip. I believe, that the V11 would have a natural advantage in the handling department given it's leverage points (meaning it contacts higher on your leg) are further from the pedals. This would also translate into finer controls at higher lean angles/ speeds if the correlation between motorcycles is maintained. The higher the lean angle the finer the control needs to be. 

In any case, I am heavily considering ordering a V11 as I believe it is the best all around wheel for do anything use. 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone has said it, and I can't confirm it, but I think that the V11 does better at small bumps and rough surfaces while the S18 makes speed bumps disappear. Everyone  says that the V11 is smoother and I can see how it could be after riding the S18. I suspect that it would not be smoother hitting a speed bump at 20 mph. I have done that on the S18 and it feels like i hit a sidewalk crack, The speed bumps were only about 4 inches tall but they just disappeared riding the S18.  At that speed with the unsprung weight the V11 should have a bit of trouble doing the same. 

• Like 1