Help for Midlife Crisis😝

15 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Far's speed goes, 45-50kph on the Tesla seems way faster than 60kph on a scoot & wayyyy wayyyyyy faster than 160kph on a sportsbike.

Love this sentence! :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

I want something to spend a hr or 2 or more in a park riding backwards, doing pendulums & ring round da rosie & other such dumbass stuff that embarrass my wife but makes feel like a 12yr old kid again.

I'd go for a Mten3 for these. :cheers:

• Like 3

Mten3 all day long. And if you want to save a little money, go for the 67-volt version (unless you're into high-speed riding on a 10-inch wheel :cry2:)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

@stephen Thanks for the vids. I especially like the puppy on the wheel 'cept I woulda chosen another cat like furry creature. Maybe its not PC but riding on of those on the wheel seem to strike a cord with me 😛

@z3n shuuu..sh, wifey doesn't get the speed factor that a wheel amplifies. Otherwise I won't be able to aspire to DA SHERMAN - DA Superbike of wheels! For now.

@Marty Backe Marty I've seen a couple of your vids & its assisted in my choice of the Tesla as my 1st wheel so Thanks for that. Too bad you're in SoCal & I'm in Canada's oil country or otherwise, I'd ask for a favor so I can visit you with wifey to check out your wheel collection. I'm hoping after that, my need for a collection of 2 (maybe 3 or 4) would seem sane😁.

So its 0 for 3 not in favor of the new MCM5. Why do I hear its the Bee's Knees by many? One russian dealer picked it as the Best Wheel of 2019. & mythology has the MCM5 as the King of Mountain Climbing. Mountain climbing sounds like its fun no?

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

So its 0 for 3 not in favor of the new MCM5. Why do I hear its the Bee's Knees by many?

I’m sure it is, in it’s class. But in a sense it’s just a smaller Tesla. It doesn’t bring as much new or better to your staple. The mTen on the other hand is a completely different experience for totally different purposes. Reversing, pendulums and tiny 360’s are supernaturally easy and fun on the mTen. The 2.5” MCM5 will surely be more suited for that than the original 2.125”, but still... it’s just a smaller Tesla.

16 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

& mythology has the MCM5 as the King of Mountain Climbing. Mountain climbing sounds like its fun no?

This would deserve a lengthy philosophic-technical explanation on why it has earned it’s title, and also why it still isn’t a good choice for most mountains... But to be short: A small semi-powerful wheel is effortless to accelerate which makes it easy to go up smooth and steep hills. But it’s still just a small 1500W wheel that will make you lose your balance on ruts, roots and rocks much easier than say an MSX/P/S. Or your Tesla.

Wrong Way made a direct comparison of the actual torque the various GW wheels can offer. MCM5 fared the worst:

In case it wasn’t obvious... My vote goes for the mTen as well. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

@stephen Thanks for the vids. I especially like the puppy on the wheel 'cept I woulda chosen another cat like furry creature. Maybe its not PC but riding on of those on the wheel seem to strike a cord with me 😛

@z3n shuuu..sh, wifey doesn't get the speed factor that a wheel amplifies. Otherwise I won't be able to aspire to DA SHERMAN - DA Superbike of wheels! For now.

@Marty Backe Marty I've seen a couple of your vids & its assisted in my choice of the Tesla as my 1st wheel so Thanks for that. Too bad you're in SoCal & I'm in Canada's oil country or otherwise, I'd ask for a favor so I can visit you with wifey to check out your wheel collection. I'm hoping after that, my need for a collection of 2 (maybe 3 or 4) would seem sane😁.

So its 0 for 3 not in favor of the new MCM5. Why do I hear its the Bee's Knees by many? One russian dealer picked it as the Best Wheel of 2019. & mythology has the MCM5 as the King of Mountain Climbing. Mountain climbing sounds like its fun no?

The MCM5 is the king of hill climbing (kind of a specialized trick). It's a small wheel that I think excels for portability. All the bigger wheels have so much more going for them. This is why I ultimately sold my MCM5 - it just wasn't getting used any more.

• Like 1

@Scottie888 I am in a VERY similar point in life/decision making myself (except I want range rather than toy..i allready have a toy..the tesla), tried everything that is fun (motor bikes, race cars, parachute jumping a few years aso), but now stuck on EUCS because as you say... this old school unstable ride, makes it much more fun at 50 than a motor bike at 150 + 1 wheel removed :)

Got Tesla v 1.2 (3rd year). Was planning to swap this year, but veteran delivery time was like 1.5month = summer over here.

And it has shown a few childhood diseases that i prefer they sort out before i order 2021 on Sherman v2? (Or whatever), if not there are options, that all were new 2020 as well.

KS18S (worried bout motor cable failure due to constant twisting and China quality = non imdustry standard on cables like that...aka they will break within a couple of 10-100'000 cycles...like a year worth of damping on the (off)road :) + ks18 needs at least 15-1800Wh

inmotion, nah damped pedals not for me

GW trying to catch up, no way. They cant even cable manage a wheel without damper LOL

Money aint an issue, but i dont plan to get closer to death due to some cellar company in China that are just in it for the money. Have had my fair amount of crashes allready and i feel i am satisfied on that point so main goal (if they fix kinder garten issues) is Sherman model 2021. Otherwise... KS would be second most reliable choice (inmotion too, i guess, but dont like anything about it...and its french...we all know how well electronics works on Citroen and Peugot :-) )

Could also be that i go for the z10...its for sure a well built wheel (better build quality than any other wheel) and now well tested + ONLY TUBELESS TYRE WHEEL on the market as of now...i have had 3 punctures leading to crashes (last one slit my index finger on dominant hand right open on a fence) so tubeless conversion possibility is a must on any "next wheel" to me.

Though the range and speed of the Sherman...i like. Just dont want to see solder blobs on engine coils and rust in engine + high temp capacitors needed + wider pedals needes + sealed LCD + better clearance for roll bar for sure

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

Alrighty I guess the votes are in - 5 to nuffin' for the Mten3! The Mten3 it is👍. I'll place the order once I can whisper sweet nothings to the SO that I need to spend more private time outside & it's all for OUR good. @Marty Backe where are u when I need u. If only I can show her & let her hear your valid reasoning for having a stable/collection of wheels. Wait....are u still married?? or u have a stable of (ex) wives too😝. LOLs just kiddin bud.

@Boogieman Glad to hear I'm not alone in this journey of discovering our childhood again. Honestly I think you're way overthinking it. With unlimited funds at your disposal, I'd get 1 of each of the wheels u mentioned (& then some). I look at it like having 10+ pairs of shoes, if I alternate thru them, they'll all last a long time while looking good. Not only will I have fun with each of them, I also wouldn't need to be concerned about maintenance as wear&tear will be low.

I hum & haa not cos I want to but as a mere mortal with a banal life & mundane worries, I have to justify expensive toys. I often dream of a day & time when I can truly say money isn't an issue. Sad really but that said, this EUC thang has certainly liven it up.

IMHO The best thing about the wheel isn't the cost but instead, its the access. I don't have to drive to specific areas or parks to ride. I don't need a specific time of day. I don't need my neighbors approval to fire it up in the middle of the evening. And where I can go ride, I don't have THE MAN shooting his radar on me giving me word diarrhea & then the ticket. I can just pick up the wheel, walk outside & ride. The only limit is my ability & safety.

That is why I am all into this new world of EUCs. Best thang I can do for fun in these troubled times😀

PS: With the Mten3, I look forward to never having to walk again😋

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 3:37 PM, Scottie888 said:

explore & sight see parts of the city I haven't even thought existed,

This is probably the most fun thing about EUC riding for me. We are like 10 year old kids on their bicycles. :efefe00999:

On 7/13/2020 at 3:37 PM, Scottie888 said:

I want something to spend a hr or 2 or more in a park riding backwards, doing pendulums & ring round da rosie & other such dumbass stuff that embarrass my wife but makes feel like a 12yr old kid again.

That is why I am about to order the Mten3 too! :) I've also got an itch that needs scratched by the V11. I'm kinda' waiting for that one to get some real world reviews and comments on the production models. The YouTube guys have done a great job reviewing the pre-production wheel and got me interested. Every time I hit an unseen bump I think of the V11.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, Scottie888 said:

IMHO The best thing about the wheel isn't the cost but instead, its the access. I don't have to drive to specific areas or parks to ride. I don't need a specific time of day. I don't need my neighbors approval to fire it up in the middle of the evening. And where I can go ride, I don't have THE MAN shooting his radar on me giving me word diarrhea & then the ticket. I can just pick up the wheel, walk outside & ride. The only limit is my ability & safety.

That is why I am all into this new world of EUCs. Best thang I can do for fun in these troubled times😀

Same here. I'm an early riser and love to hop on the wheel before dawn and catch a quick ride around the neighborhood, and nobody even knows I'm there. And yep! EUC riding helps keep us sane in this crazy world of this and that going on.

• Like 2