30 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It might be worth putting in some units like lbs/kg and kph/mph ;) 

I think its pretty obvious the units he's referring to ie. 245lbs & 40-50kph. We Canucks are kinda screwed up being Commonwealth (Queen & all), kinda Frenchie (Official Language & all) & being stuck right next door to Big Honcho Chief Big Eagle (lotsa Guns, TV programs, fastfood, King Elvis & all). So our culture is a mishmash of 'em all. You'll understand if you live here😁

Edited by Scottie888
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where should I start... Let's go with the 5cm of suspension travel first. If you have the suspension pumped up perfectly for your weight, the travel is just shy of 1" up, and the same distance down fr

Not a very good torque wheel at that. Just came back from the NYC EX demo, which I wasn't originally planning on going to, but went along with @chulander and the Queens crew to eat and ride after

What I don't understand is this idea of a "one wheel fits all" mentality. I have a mountain bike and road bike. I've tried "hybrids" and found them to be dangerous combination of the two. With motorcy

Posted Images

10 hours ago, inMotional said:

What is the range you get in real life guys?

not easy to answer, i usually ride with other 1800wh wheels and i can say i'll end usually with more or less 30% more 

i've corrected the speed with -8% on EUC, now is accurate:thumbup:

this is a group ride https://euc.world/tour/594380264419212

85km - around 46% battery left

Edited by EMA
33 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I'd love to find a wheel that could carry a 245 kg load around city streets at 50mph :D, but well noted. 

46 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Awesome Terry, please keep us posted on issues. I think you put your wheels thru hell (literally if anyone knows Edmonton weather🤩) so if it survives & thrives, I think it might be my next upgrade. Unless there's a Sherman SS (for Sport Suspension)👍

Amazingly Edmonton has a small cadre of hard-core winter riders now. We've got one guy taking a V11 through some fairly extreme single track winter mountain bike trails, another is running an 18xl with studded tires through a lot of the same stuff. And we've got another guy with a Sherman holding his own as well. One thing we have learned is that the absolute worst tire for winter riding is the street tire for the Sherman. The knobby does decently well though.

But I still have 'em all beat for braving ultra-cold conditions though, they're a bit wimpy when the temp goes below -20c. :lol:

17 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

But I still have 'em all beat for braving ultra-cold conditions though, they're a bit wimpy when the temp goes below -20c. :lol:

Yup I fully admit I be one of 'em wussy puddy tats! Anyone that has experienced first hand 20+below with windchill would admit as well😅

1 hour ago, Scottie888 said:

Yup I fully admit I be one of 'em wussy puddy tats! Anyone that has experienced first hand 20+below with windchill would admit as well😅

Windchill is a given when one is flying around at 40km an hour in frigid temps, but it's all good with the right gear. Ski ,snowboard etc. or motorcycle gear all work great.

4 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

"Winterwheel" 's location says Edmonton in Alberta, Canada... up there in the Great White North, they use the metric systems since the 1970s...  so for speed wise, I think he meant 40 to 50 km/h, as most city speed limits are 50 km/h...   However, when it comes to personal weight or riding weight, I think we Canadians still pretty much stuck to lbs...  Imagine his riding weight is 245 kg, that would be 540 lbs! :D

sharing a non scientific test but 1h of fun cruising at 50km/h on empty roads before curfew, 36km/h avg on app - RS ended with 50% - EX 70%

yellow mark is 46km/h - orange 50km/h

RS https://euc.world/tour/595542158252320

EX https://euc.world/tour/595765054865177

9 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

But you log shows...

RS = 39%

EX = 60%

But what remains is a difference of 20% :)

i immediatly stop the tour when finished, we can ask Seba about this behaviour, these are the app screens:

48 - 67
50 - 70 after 5 minutes
55 - 74 the morning after :D

Screenshot_2021-02-21-21-19-39-895_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-28-21-09-14-277_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

I suspect that the battery % values on the website are the average values, as if you have "battery level averaging" enabled in the app. Otherwise it probably wouldn't look so relatively even in the chart, but more zig zag. Also battery voltage and battery % are not in sync, which also supports my assumption.
Did you enable "Custom battery level" and set 0% = 79.2 / 100% = 100.8 volts?

50 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I suspect that the battery % values on the website are the average values, as if you have "battery level averaging" enabled in the app. Otherwise it probably wouldn't look so relatively even in the chart, but more zig zag. Also battery voltage and battery % are not in sync, which also supports my assumption.
Did you enable "Custom battery level" and set 0% = 79.2 / 100% = 100.8 volts?

i use standard battery algorithm with no average on EUC, do you think custom values are better ?

11 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

But you log shows...

RS = 39%

EX = 60%

But what remains is a difference of 20% :)

Clearly it shows a difference in battery capacity between RS and EX. We can assume that meteo conditions were similar for both rides (because average power is almost identical) and we can read from charts that riding conditions are similar, including mentioned average power consumption (2011 Watts for RS, 2005 Wats for EX). Also in both cases @EMA started with full battery. Resulting voltage difference at the end of ride is evident - 84.3 V (3,51 V per cell) under load for RS, 89.2 V (3.72 V per cell) under load for EX.

yes ;)
as said is not scientific but both rides were done in pretty identical condition, some traffic light and interception to respect to not die :D

21 minutes ago, EMA said:

i use standard battery algorithm with no average on EUC, do you think custom values are better ?

Yes, with "standard algorithm" and battery down to 0% I can still ride my MSP. 

"Custom battery level" and set 0% = 79.2 / 100% = 100.8 volts is much better and even with this setting I can ride it down to 0% (while riding) without any problems with around 40-50kmh.

Screenshot-20200910-195357-EUC-World.jpg

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
2 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Yes, with "standard algorithm" and battery down to 0% I can still ride my MSP. 

"Custom battery level" and set 0% = 79.2 / 100% = 100.8 volts is much better and even with this setting I can ride it down to 0% (while riding) without any problems with around 40kmh

i'll try on the next ride, and maybe i'll try again the fast tour and see  the stats

• 2 weeks later...

"Make love" to your EX to get Super Mid range acceleration... (Hip Thrust) :D

* I guess that's might be necessary for us sub 200 lbs riders to extract TURBO/Nitrous mode from the EX...

Edited by Grooveman64
31 minutes ago, Grooveman64 said:

* I guess that's might be necessary for us sub 200 lbs riders to extract TURBO/Nitrous mode from the EX...

the real trick is a proper calibration with your riding mode, lot of people like pedal up in front but this is not so comfortable, specially on hard mode.

latest firmware are super stable, they do not dip on bumps even on soft mode. try a flat calibration or even -1 -0.5 in front how easy this wheels goes with less effort.