Kingsong N10 speed limit deactivation procedure

Kim Mathias Dreyer

Hi,

Anyone have info on how to deactivate speed limit on Kingsong N10 (KS1A1) ? I have not been able to try out the KS SoftTune app since im an Android user, but does it actually let me deactivate speed limit on 22km/h or have i misunderstood ? Would help if i knew how the limiter is activated, if its software through bluetooth or trough some connection like UART, etc.

Regulations in Norway state that for a vehicle to be street legal and regarded as a non-motorized vehicle  not subject to ordinary traffic regulations, motor driven speed must not exceed 22km/h. Since the option to buy a street legal or illegal variant of the same model is given, i'm just assuming that this limit is set by the dealer or shipped as is without speed limit.  That might not be the case at all of course and the units may well be shipped to dealer with or without speed locked ? Does anyone know anything about how these limits are set on the scooters as in physical connection to some device and/or through software through bluetooth? 

Finding it somewhat difficult to find any information anywhere as for Kingsong scooters and i would really appreciate any information leading to me not reverse engineering the thing to death.

Anyone?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, Stanisław Jaromin said:

Hi. Kingsong scooters speed lock is in the software and if you still want to unlock the scooter I can help you. I also have E-Wheels E4 (Kinsong KS-N10)

the scooter is able to run at 45 km/h but when restarting it takes the initial parameters to 21,9

Hi. Kingsong scooters speed lock is in the software and if you still want to unlock the scooter I can help you. I also have E-Wheels E4 (Kinsong KS-N10)

I need help. Can you PM me?

I uploaded the new software via the Soft Tuner app for Android. The firmware is for KS-N10 Korea - KS-n10KT v1,16. You have to remove the bottom cover from the bottom and there is the battery and the motherboard. With the scooter off, you need to gently unplug the cable that goes to the motorbike. Then turn on the scooter, the word UP and the sound will start flashing on the display. Now search for bluetooth scooters on Soft Tuner. Then click on the firmware and select KS-N10 KT version 1.16. Maybe I will not show all versions right away, then you need to disconnect bluetooth and try again. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 6:19 PM, Stanisław Jaromin said:

When the firmware is installed, the tug will turn itself off and you need to reconnect the motor cable and then turn on the scooter. If the scooter runs 40 km / h, screw the cover on the bottom

Hi again.

I disconnected the cable, connected with SoftTuner. Found right firmware, installed it. Started up the scooter and now it showing a speed limit  20km/h :-/ So in what app can I change that limit?

8 minutes ago, Stanisław Jaromin said:

Yes you can change because there is an additional setting. You click 4 times quickly and it will show PR0 is 40 km / h or PR1 is 20 km / h. Now you have a PR1 setting so set PR0. Don't forget to set P3 too. P1 is 20 km, P2 is 30 km, P3 is 40 km

After I installed the kt firmware the P3 setting was 20km/h. So if I click 4 times on/Off button it goes to p0?

On 8/25/2020 at 6:05 PM, Stanisław Jaromin said:

I uploaded the new software via the Soft Tuner app for Android. The firmware is for KS-N10 Korea - KS-n10KT v1,16. You have to remove the bottom cover from the bottom and there is the battery and the motherboard. With the scooter off, you need to gently unplug the cable that goes to the motorbike. Then turn on the scooter, the word UP and the sound will start flashing on the display. Now search for bluetooth scooters on Soft Tuner. Then click on the firmware and select KS-N10 KT version 1.16. Maybe I will not show all versions right away, then you need to disconnect bluetooth and try again. 

Hello Jaromin, thank you for your help, is it possible if you have some pictures for unlock the speed ? thank you very much