Amazon Power Pads on a Tesla

Albatross

I scored a pair of power pads from someone who bought them from Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089NRGC8H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SlFcFbSA3ZM1G

Placed them on my Tesla V2 and with some adjustments, I am really liking the difference in the ride.

Totally different riding experience and for the better. Accelerating and breaking is more responsive. These pads give me just the right space to grab with my legs to maneuver the wheel for super tight turns without scraping or for controlling it at super slow speeds.  I’m sold on these!!! The only complaint is cosmetics. They just don’t fit right on the Tesla, stick out from the back and look kind of awkward. 

20CBCC14-947E-4B40-83B2-FB108B2D1F49.jpeg

AE4BAF63-7EC7-43E9-98E1-24B7B06013FB.jpeg

I really don't understand the insane mark up on pads! Good to see they work for you though. I'm looking into them now too for my v10F. I'm pretty lightweight, so I think these kinds of pads would be really helpful in getting more out of the motor.

That design seems a bit better than the one on eWheels. The gap for your ankles seems somewhat smaller with the one on Amazon. 

Edited by Glitched

I'm still getting used to my Tesla & your power pads do look very interesting. I think I'm gonna order some 1/2" neoprene one sided adhesive sheets & kinda build up some pads. Won't look good but hey, who's gonna look btwn ma legs!:D

• Like 2

Albatross, could you please do me a HUGE favor and measure how far out the pads stick out from the wheel? At its furthest point, so either that front or back pressure point.

I found a friend with a 3d printer! Just need to get him some measurements. Much appreciated! 

4 hours ago, Glitched said:

Albatross, could you please do me a HUGE favor and measure how far out the pads stick out from the wheel? At its furthest point, so either that front or back pressure point.

I found a friend with a 3d printer! Just need to get him some measurements. Much appreciated! 

I’d say 2 and 1/4 inches

62FCD21D-B606-4899-A5B5-CA4A29E7B300.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Hopefully...a bunch a chicks, Aint that why all guys wanna impress :D

In our present non binary world, I'm not so sure it's chicks. It maybe ducks, cats, dogs &or worse.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:40 PM, Jonathan Taylor said:

How did you mount your power pads?  I actually have a set coming in next week for my Tesla.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:40 PM, Jonathan Taylor said:

How did you mount your power pads?  I actually have a set coming in next week for my Tesla.

I used double sided tape

I took these fugly things off. 

Took a ride without them and it feels the same. 

So the verdict is, according to my opinion, amazon pads not worth for the Tesla. 

It felt like they made a difference at first, but the ugly factor and that I actually started feeling limited by them. The original pads are going on until I can find a custom made pair that makes a difference in the ride and doesn’t look like shit. 

14 hours ago, Albatross said:

I took these fugly things off. 

Took a ride without them and it feels the same. 

So the verdict is, according to my opinion, amazon pads not worth for the Tesla. 

It felt like they made a difference at first, but the ugly factor and that I actually started feeling limited by them. The original pads are going on until I can find a custom made pair that makes a difference in the ride and doesn’t look like shit. 

The Tesla has a limited surface for pads compared to other wheels like MSX, Nikola, various Kingsongs, etc etc. Personally except for diy Kuji pads for jumps, I didn't find power pads necessary on my Tesla.

That said, if it were me & I'm adamant on such, I'd get some 1" (or thicker) hard compressed foam or better yet, neoprene sheets & cut to measure for my personal needs. Add some double sided tape & you should be golden. 

• Like 1

Was looking at making forward and backward leaning pads for my KS 18XL.  Saw those pads on Amazon.  Also saw Kuji vid about making your own with neoprene. 

Ended up trying this off of Amazon, about $15

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQR7FG4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They are door bumpers for a car parking in a tight garage.  Cut them in half lengthwise and you have approx 6 inch by 4 inch by 1 inch thick soft pads that stick where you want them.  It's a set of 4 so if you cut them in half that's 2 full sets of Kuji pads. 

They adhere well to plastic, but you can peel them off and reapply at least a few times. (I had to, to get them where they work the best)

They are soft but give you that extra grip for hard acceleration or going up hill. Or leaning back against them for stopping. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:54 PM, Obee said:

Was looking at making forward and backward leaning pads for my KS 18XL.  Saw those pads on Amazon.  Also saw Kuji vid about making your own with neoprene. 

Ended up trying this off of Amazon, about $15

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQR7FG4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They are door bumpers for a car parking in a tight garage.  Cut them in half lengthwise and you have approx 6 inch by 4 inch by 1 inch thick soft pads that stick where you want them.  It's a set of 4 so if you cut them in half that's 2 full sets of Kuji pads. 

They adhere well to plastic, but you can peel them off and reapply at least a few times. (I had to, to get them where they work the best)

They are soft but give you that extra grip for hard acceleration or going up hill. Or leaning back against them for stopping. 

are these soft foam or hard foam?