Heavy rider recommendation request

Hello,

Im new to EUC, coming from electric scooter scene. Looking to have your advices on getting a new EUC. I'm 6'1 220lbs. Wondering if i should just get a low level used wheel (with low performance) and learn on it or go straight to a high level one without knowing if this is for me or not. Im also not looking to get a cut off ( and being turned off) due to weight issues and wheel not being able to manage this. Really looking for your input. The used wheels are also actually not that cheap so im wondering if thats really worth it to go that route. Any models recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't get a low end model with your weight. Now as weight goes it could better and worse. In general you have less risk of cutout the less you weight. Currently I am 85 kg myself and fully geared up and with backpack with shopping items I am close to your weight. 

But right now I think you are going EUC at a great time. I can see riders trying to free cash selling wheels that have good power but might not have top class range anymore. With the 3 new major wheels being S18, the Sherman and V11, I could see some good options to start on. 

Now I am not a GW guy, so I skip these. Now you can't go wrong with KS18L or XL if ther are in good condition. It is a good point to start.

Another option if you look for a "cheaper" but new wheel would be the V8f. As it is rather light for an EUC is will be great as a 2nd last mile wheel ince you are ready to move up in range and speed. I don't think I would look at V10f as it had history of being overpowered in heat. Now if it is new build (I got mine in November 2019) I am not sure but they might have a better control board version to avoid overheating. I have not had any issues yet.

It also comes down to what you plan to use your wheel for. But once you learned to ride. Then you will find new more options then most other PEV options can't do. 

It is very addictive so now you been warned. As for the learning it is different from person to person. Most seem to click with it in 1-2hours, seems to go faster if you take breaks (so brain can process the meteoric difference to control and balance the wheel).

You are not the first to ask the question like you have here. This is why we made this new area. So it is easier to read up on similar questions. 

• Like 2

One quickly grows out of a learner wheel, except if it’s really dirt cheap I’d suggest going straight to the best wheel you want to invest in. Also, as Unventor says, you’ll be safer considering the weight.

• Like 1

A bit late to the game, but I'll throw in my two cents. I bought a Tesla V2 as my learning wheel as it seemed like the best bang for your buck while still having specs that I figured could safely carry my 250-255lbs ass around. I found it to be a great wheel to learn on and still remains a lot of fun several months later. Depending on how you intend to ride it may last you quite a while. I can comfortably cruise at 40-42kph with beeps starting around 45-46kph. Battery is my biggest issue as I can easily drain it in 30km. 

• 2 weeks later...