Gotway 18 Arrived today what do I need to know?

49 minutes ago, whitecow said:

Gotway 18 arrived today, what do I need to know?

The only thing you need to know is: "No guts, no glory".

In other words, ride hard and don't look back. You bought a GW Msuper, the badest euc available. ¡Gotta Go Fast!

15 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

The only thing you need to know is: "No guts, no glory".

In other words, ride hard and don't look back. You bought a GW Msuper, the badest euc available. ¡Gotta Go Fast!

Nice advice… sure as heck better than what the manual said, which was hardly anything at all. ;-)

( quick and dirty translation of the posted pic follows, thanks google translate) 

Electrically assisted it alone car warranty card warranty card warranty service for the user of important documents, please keep this voucher after receipt of the product: The product descriptors Origin: Model warranty period later date marriage: c _ May Day test Test Date Vendor Name: Vendor Address: _ fill g Suppliers Phone: sales Dental Vendor Contact: User name h Li of _OTA user's telephone user: the user's address: .◊ unit producing biogas letter suffer and technical support 1, such as fog to check full any product related information (product method of operation. specifications. Maintenance mode and families but arts authorized repair agency, etc.) please contact the hotline Korber Art Center, 2, for the latest information, please feel free to visit but consult Section China Wang Yi page. Guangzhou Branch No. 44 but under 田福泰 Wing Tai Road, Baiyun District Yuan Yi Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Address Guangzhou 510000 Phone 13632303701 male edited tied Address: wwwkebye.com

NOTE consider before riding rather good top must wear head g. Hand game, knee, guard and other security protection jealous when supplies vehicle must not exceed 15km / h speed. To read more accelerated catch Do not allow wan sound when pushed from oath road motor vehicles. Road network and pedestrians more riding = not allowed in the cold winter and wet roads Britain male riding * Disallow weighing over 75kg up and down over the crowd 15j City Road j 6, 15 years of age We must ride in the custody of the parents. Riding in the actual process, you may encounter many unexpected and sudden face danger, so any time I have the honor to be careful with anger: Not according to the user's manual of use, resulting in injury and loss of life to send or the person The Company does not assume any responsibility. 34, 5, range Gotway electric unicycle is outdoor sports products, not the vehicle "GotwaY electric wheelbarrow users only flat area in the empty mine riding is prohibited in the non-motorized trail riding! Forbidden to ride in the vehicle lane ! g driving preparation before a <select the appropriate venue: Please flat, empty mine, no motor vehicles, few people test venues .GotwaY self-balancing electric unicycle is the outdoor sports products, users can not transport .GotwaY empty mine flat area riding is prohibited in the non-motorized trail riding! forbidden to ride in the vehicle lane! GotwaY users of non-motorized road and trail riding any motorized vehicle. Once a traffic accident, it is possible for you to cause bodily An Quanning it!

Before driving efforts quasi g 2. Select the appropriate dress:! Recommendations wear sportswear 'motion light filled row Never wear sandals, or high-heeled saddle drag 軽 hasty rubbing wear dress pants or wide-mouth to avoid injure 3 Check Mirror: You need to check before driving electricity adequacy, shaking the car Young Are there different spider and loose, manual vertebral row GotwaY self-balancing electric unicycle see whether friction wheel and the housing 4, the best you can find a Friends together to learn to ride. We can exchange ideas. mutual promotion and appropriate when it comes to the Czech Republic for assistance. for you to quickly take hold cycling technique helpful 5. At any time, wear a head pleases, knee, when care and other various safety protectors = not proud to wear safety goggles, there is likely to injure you! Maintenance 1- Do not put your GotwaY wet places in the lake 'of 2-shutdown state, you need at least a month to charge the device again. In M pool g ■ consumption @ IH] B. The battery can not be arbitrarily removed, .. as :: "::" • a <n »<n»% i3; atttta 3- * fflaW »S« W5taB, | *, T (3 (S; MGotWay T \ ☆ W5⑩ - git $. . sg⑧ 4. WWW, 's:; = E = i :: :: -; :: :::.;:..

Might as well let Google do the footplate too: 

Do not continue to accelerate the speed allowed 

② played 15km / h speed, speeding reported fee sounds when; GotWay electric car alone representing Note 

① must wear good head before riding Pirates, gloves, knee shot, the shot and other security products 

③ not allowed to ride in a vehicle road and pedestrian way more; 

⑤ are not allowed in the cold winter and wet roads Britain sugar riding; 

⑥ not permitted weighing over 75kg up and down more than 15 people. Ramps; ⑦15 years of age must ride in the custody of parents; riding in the actual process, it might step up to a lot of unforeseen and sudden dangerous mine so any time I have the honor to be careful with anger. Not according to the user's manual use, causing property damage and personal plug raw emperor or loss, the company does not assume any responsibility. :

… 

"so any time I have the honor to be careful with anger"

… so yeah, careful must you be w/ anger, leads to the dark side, etc… :-)

Decide if you want to swap the foot plates, side to side. Dunno' about the profile of your feet, but mine are larger from the inside, and taper backwards; the way Gotway has them (\/ instead of /\) just doesn't make sense to me.

I only used a 4"x6" strip of baby-crib padding at the top, but actually found I could get by without any just fine (do like a bit of grip however, more than padding.)

Inflate tire to middle range, adjust up or down depending upon the feel/responsiveness that you like.

If you think you might let it fly solo and want to keep it looking good, pad the front/rear of the fenders, side plates (particularly the corners,) and the handle loop.

You asked iOS app, no idea, but for android, I use the one in the files section, Wheelmetrics, and (apologies) the authorized hack to English units of Wheelmetrics.

Charge fully, then rip away as you dare. Rider weight, motor load, charge level, and speed will all determine what is a safe max cruising speed, or burst of top-end speed. I don't think you will want to face plant at the upper limit of MSuper :ph34r:

Nothing you need to know if you are not a new learner. Just remember to connect the power first then connect the unicycle secondly when charging it. But if you are a new learner, pay more attention about the sharp pedal if it will hit you. And pay attention to the alarm speed, raise pedal speed, these is warn before it shut off when keeping speed up. 

First thing you need to do is borrow an android phone or tablet and download the app. Not sure but I don't think they have made the M18 iPhone compatable yet.

Once you're connected change the ride to Madden Mode as the other two modes are too soft and allow much too much lean for most riders.

Later once you've got used to it you will probably want to turn off the first and second beep warnings but if you do please be sure to take notice of and slow down on the final warning or major injuries could be the result. :)

On November 23, 2015 at 6:15:08 PM, Compuatic said:

Where did you order it from?

Amazon 

So I took it for s test ride yesterday I was very disappointed.  I felt that leaning back to slow down was impossible. My ankles felt as if they were breaking because of how far they went back. I have the app now do I will be trying different modes today.  I also calibrated it today so maybe that will help.  

On November 24, 2015 at 2:20:33 AM, h00ktern said:

Decide if you want to swap the foot plates, side to side. Dunno' about the profile of your feet, but mine are larger from the inside, and taper backwards; the way Gotway has them (\/ instead of /\) just doesn't make sense to me.

I only used a 4"x6" strip of baby-crib padding at the top, but actually found I could get by without any just fine (do like a bit of grip however, more than padding.)

Inflate tire to middle range, adjust up or down depending upon the feel/responsiveness that you like.

If you think you might let it fly solo and want to keep it looking good, pad the front/rear of the fenders, side plates (particularly the corners,) and the handle loop.

You asked iOS app, no idea, but for android, I use the one in the files section, Wheelmetrics, and (apologies) the authorized hack to English units of Wheelmetrics.

Charge fully, then rip away as you dare. Rider weight, motor load, charge level, and speed will all determine what is a safe max cruising speed, or burst of top-end speed. I don't think you will want to face plant at the upper limit of MSuper :ph34r:

What do you mean by flip the foot peddles ? I agree that they currently feel horrible. 

wow I'm surprised to hear your not liking it. Well I have mine set to madden mode. I have never even tried anything else because it feels great. I have zero complaints on either one I had. The 680 and the 850. Please let us know after tweaking the settings if it gets better. I drive with the power button on my right foot and the pedals feel fine. I have no issues. No i can tell you it took about a week to 2 weeks before I was really comfortable riding. Its so heavy it was hurting me the first few days. Also in regards to braking, I can be going top speed and still get the unit to stop fairly quickly

1 hour ago, Donafello said:

wow I'm surprised to hear your not liking it. Well I have mine set to madden mode. I have never even tried anything else because it feels great. I have zero complaints on either one I had. The 680 and the 850. Please let us know after tweaking the settings if it gets better. I drive with the power button on my right foot and the pedals feel fine. I have no issues. No i can tell you it took about a week to 2 weeks before I was really comfortable riding. Its so heavy it was hurting me the first few days. Also in regards to braking, I can be going top speed and still get the unit to stop fairly quickly

Oh I am determined to like it :) I'm about to head out for round 2. I will try to get some video or pictures if I still feel things are off.

Would anyone suggest changing the pressure in the tire?

Gotway says power button on right, and the pedals form a "V" if you look down.

If you spin the EU 180°, power button on the left, the pedals form an inverted V.

The inverted V platform makes more sense, since the forward pressure comes from the ball of my foot, and not my pinky toe. Heel pressure remains the same. I want more pedal under the ball of my foot (and big toe) - not less.

To keep the button on the right, you have to remove the pedals, and install them on the opposite side from stock.

It does sound like you needed to calibrate - or maybe you're in soft mode too, and the combination is making your EU mushy.

I have found that 42 psi is perfect for me. Now at 42psi it is a little hard on bumps but it seems to coast perfectly at that psi. So I inflate to 45psi and then by the time I take off the adapter it hits about 42psi. Now Johnc who I purchased my first two units from, gave me a small valve attachment that is bent and fits perfectly. when I didnot have that it was hard to put air in the tire

So spent another hour with the GotWay. I used Madden Mode, Did horizontal Calibration, Also tried all other suggestions. I'm still seeing the issue that once I get going I am stuck in a position where i can't push forward cause my feet are bent so far back.

I'm posting 2 videos so maybe someone can give me insight. I'm sending this thing back Friday if I can't find a solution.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/61144/721665/7Ykjjuw0ZQDYWTK/IMG_0527.m4v

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/61144/721665/zb3Vflg8U3rsSYD/IMG_0528.m4v

I cant play the video at work but maybe somebody with a msuper can watch and report whats going on. Based on your description I still can't imagine what is going on but there should be no issues with making the device go forward or stopping. So are you saying the the tilt back is so far back that you cant move forward? If thats the case it might be a problem with the unit because mine doesnot tilt back at all. It will only beep at a high speed

2 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I cant play the video at work but maybe somebody with a msuper can watch and report whats going on. Based on your description I still can't imagine what is going on but there should be no issues with making the device go forward or stopping. So are you saying the the tilt back is so far back that you cant move forward? If thats the case it might be a problem with the unit because mine doesnot tilt back at all. It will only beep at a high speed

Here is a screen shot from the video.

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 9.16.54 AM.png

I just watched the videos.  That is definitely abnormal behavior for ANY EU.  

When going forward, it starts tilting back immediately to the point of dumping you off while you are still at a walking pace.  When turning it on while level, it wants to immediately go backwards.  

I think you may have a defective unit.

8 minutes ago, Cranium said:

I just watched the videos.  That is definitely abnormal behavior for ANY EU.  

When going forward, it starts tilting back immediately to the point of dumping you off while you are still at a walking pace.  When turning it on while level, it wants to immediately go backwards.  

I think you may have a defective unit.

FML this is what i'm thinking also. Looking forward to anyone else that looks at it but I think its heading back.

deff a problem if calibration doesnot work. when you first hit the calibrate button you will hear beeps then the unit will release it self allowing you to put it anyplace you want. after that hit the power and turn off. then turn back on until you hear a steady beeeeeeeeeepppppppppp. once you here that turn off and on again and you should be good to go.

When you first start the unit is it balanced evenly and straight or does it go to that position automatically? I think it might be a defective unit:(

never seen this happen before. after calibrating, turn unit off. then turn unit on while holding perfectly level (both horiz and vertically). after it turns on, does it start to tilt back on its own? observe while OFF the unit

6 minutes ago, Donafello said:

deff a problem if calibration doesnot work. when you first hit the calibrate button you will hear beeps then the unit will release it self allowing you to put it anyplace you want. after that hit the power and turn off. then turn back on until you hear a steady beeeeeeeeeepppppppppp. once you here that turn off and on again and you should be good to go.

When you first start the unit is it balanced evenly and straight or does it go to that position automatically? I think it might be a defective unit:(

I will try the calibration again and do a video but I'm following exactly what it shows in the youtube video.  One thing to note is as soon as I turn it on it starts to propel itself I have to left it up let it spin for a bit then place it back down. At that point is when I am doing the calibration I go into the Gotway App make sure  i'm connected then choose Horizontal Calibration.  I turn the EU off use the leveling app then turn the EU back on keeping it level still it does 4 beeps in a row then stays on a long beep at that point I turn it off and back on.  

Let me go do all of these again with video.

Archived