Gotway E Skateboard

I've been casually studying the all terrain E skateboards for the last couple days, never knew there were so many to choose from btw, but I just saw this on the tube, doesn't look like a total game changer but the manner in which power is applied like an EUC is interesting, performance specs aren't quite where I'd want them but the price isn't terrible, be cool if they step it up performance wise.

Edited by RetroThruster

Every diehard esk8 person in NYC I've ever talked to (and there are a helluva lot of them here in NYC) have all panned remoteless eboards, from the early Zboard, to the Starkboard, to the EUC mfr offerings of this Gotway Moonwalk and the InMotion K1. They all say boarding does not lend itself to foot sensor or gyroscopic input (outside of the OneWheel) because everyone's stance is different foot positioning for balancing, and high speed braking becomes precarious because you usually have to counter your body's forward momentum against the brake force by sticking your front foot, which is an acceleration on these remoteless eboards. Not to mention, I was under the impression many of these products, including this Moonwalk, were either discontinued, or very low selling for a reason, compared to their remote control counterparts.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

Ahh, makes sense, I'm not experienced with them at all, I'd like to try one sometime though, I think it would be a good back up ride for a friend that's not up to the EUC thing yet, makes sense about body positioning relative to the board, I don't mind the idea of the had controller so I'd def be going that direction if I decide to try one.  Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Ahh, makes sense, I'm not experienced with them at all, I'd like to try one sometime though, I think it would be a good back up ride for a friend that's not up to the EUC thing yet, makes sense about body positioning relative to the board, I don't mind the idea of the had controller so I'd def be going that direction if I decide to try one.  Thanks for the input!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ee9b882fff072aefc1

• Like 1