Would you upgrade from MCM5 2.125" to 2.5" tire?

I've a MCM5 V1 (2.125" tire) and I'm pretty happy with it. I love this wheel. Agile, fast, funny.
Now I've read that Gotway is selling this wheel with 2.5" tire.
I know there's a way to change the tire but I'm not so good in this kind of stuff. Moreover, I've read that if you have a MCM5 V1 (like I do, I guess) you cannot just change the tire but it's longer work.

By the way, I'm thinking about selling my wheel and buy the newest one.
What you guys think? Is it a good idea?
What could be advantages and disadvantages moving from 2.125 to 2.5" tire...
Thanks for your help :)

Edited by Snowball

2 hours ago, Snowball said:

I've a MCM5 V1 (2.125" tire) and I'm pretty happy with it. I love this wheel. Agile, fast, funny.
Now I've read that Gotway is not selling this wheel with 2.5" tire.
I know there's a way to change the tire but I'm not so good in this kind of stuff. Moreover, I've read that if you have a MCM5 V1 (like I do, I guess) you cannot just change the tire but it's longer work.

By the way, I'm thinking about selling my wheel and buy the newest one.
What you guys think? Is it a good idea?
What could be advantages and disadvantages moving from 2.125 to 2.5" tire...
Thanks for your help :)

Slightly confused, you said gotway are not selling the wheel with a 2.5 tyre, then you said you're thinking of selling yours and getting the newest one.!

As for the mod, best mod I've ever done, MCM5 is a keeper.

30 minutes ago, Delmeekc said:

Slightly confused, you said gotway are not selling the wheel with a 2.5 tyre, then you said you're thinking of selling yours and getting the newest one.!

As for the mod, best mod I've ever done, MCM5 is a keeper.

My bad. There was a "not" that shouldn't be in that sentence. I'm going to fix it.
Anyway, any downsides in the mod? Something that isn't as good as before? Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Delmeekc said:

I've found the photos and putting them in a short video, not in any order but relate to my thread from February. Will upload to YouTube and provide a link and hopefully it will help you.

Thanks so much. :*

Likewise, being very fan of my MCM5 800wh for its nervousness, I am interested in having the advantages and disadvantages of this tire modification

It's much more stable at speed and a lot more forgiving on bumpy roads, gravel and grass.  Can go up and down dropped kerbs without issues without trying to take the weight off the wheel.  Dropping off full kerbs is easier too and doesn't break your knees when it lands.  I ran the original at 45psi and run the 2.5" at 35psi.  Tried out loads of pressures and 35psi is great, my son rides it at this and he's about 70kgs and not my 90kgs.  Rode it the other day for 10 minutes after not riding it for months and after a few minutes I was flying, had to adjust from the MSuperX.  Can't notice any difference in speed at all, GPS app still on par with wheel log.  I used the original inner tube with it and so far no problems.

• Like 1

Here's the photo's, you should be able to see most of it hopefully. Not in any order but there are shots of the shell with the wheel fitted and then shots of it with the shell raised.  There are also quite a few videos on my channel of the MCM5 being ridden.

18 hours ago, Delmeekc said:

It's much more stable at speed and a lot more forgiving on bumpy roads, gravel and grass.  Can go up and down dropped kerbs without issues without trying to take the weight off the wheel.  Dropping off full kerbs is easier too and doesn't break your knees when it lands.  I ran the original at 45psi and run the 2.5" at 35psi.  Tried out loads of pressures and 35psi is great, my son rides it at this and he's about 70kgs and not my 90kgs.  Rode it the other day for 10 minutes after not riding it for months and after a few minutes I was flying, had to adjust from the MSuperX.  Can't notice any difference in speed at all, GPS app still on par with wheel log.  I used the original inner tube with it and so far no problems.

Great analisys. Thanks so much!

• Like 1