MSX 84v PADS recommendation?

I love riding my MSX. Experienced rider.

I find my wheel to be good on most fronts except acceleration and braking and have heard pads can help alleviate it. What pads do you recommend? Build em yourself?

I’d go for DIY, at least to figure out what kinds of pads you prefer, and most importantly, where. The position I see most power pads at wouldn’t serve me very well at all for example.

• Like 1

I've just made some out of wood with foam on the top. Got the curves, angles and position from my actual stance riding so they fit me.  Took them off today as needed some better double sided tape, will be putting them back on tomorrow after applying some reflective tape as added flats front and back. Just had to buy the foam for about £8 and reflective tape for £6.  Wasn't happy with anything on offer in all the shops so made my own as ride with my feet and legs in different positions either side so my legs are bent different as are the calf angles.

• Like 1

I'll upload a video of them when they are back on the MSuperX once the Amazon delivery is here for the reflective tape and I've had a chance to fit it to the pads or should I say blocks.  I used offcuts from a kitchen worktop so the wood is solid iroko, fine spray of black car wheel paint and 4 coats of hard wax oil so I'm not expecting and water damage if they get wet.

I just took a piece of wood and started with a 57mm hole through it that just missed the edge, then cut and sanded the other shapes to suit, nothing special really. Made them recessed in the side case as there is a 2mm indent for smaller pads.  Bit late for a how to though as made, sorry.  Got some new conditioning bruises from the thin padding in the middle against the wheel but I'll ride through that eventually.  They suit the way I ride as I use my left leg mainly but once I'm moving I can then add slight pressure with the right to keep speed.  Definitely better as I set off my 90A easily at any speed now.

I used a pillar drill, chop saw and a bed to take the 2mm off for the recess.  Don't think I could of done it all by hand though.

• Like 1