My Sherman Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

12 hours ago, Shield said:

An awful lot of hard work and patients but it all seems to have paid off. From what I see the new updated Sherman should have no problems conquering OHH. Have these updates been added the first batch of 100 wheels from eWheels?

love it!

you can get endorsements from ROLEX!

you know that watch advertising was the launch of the pro-scene in Snooker!!

• Like 2

Lol @Marty Backe Im like, what the hell did they did with that motor?! Why does it sound like that. :D And then explained your pranks. :laughbounce2:

And yes. If youre a Sherry lover you take the knobby. Thats the Sherry riders choice. :wub:

Great content on that new video! Thx for all the hard work! :cheers:

PS: I never seen a Sherman video on your channel that had the police lights off. Never.

Edited by eve
  • Like 3

Well how many days of Christmas can you have in a year?:D  Looking forward to 26th!:w00t2: Best of luck to you and the Sherman. Maybe bring a MTEN3 in a backpack for backup? Loved the rebuilding video, that must have been a really challenging task.:thumbup: What might be the easiest way to check if one has the new updated motor cables? Do one have to take it fully apart in a million bits or is it enough you just check the motherboard under the display?

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, Marty Backe said:

You really own this wheel now! Great job. Thanks for all the insights. All manufactures should pay you a monthly test driver/R&D salary!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

At this point I think I look forward to getting a new shiny one instead

11 minutes ago, Shield said:

Right about now @Marty Backe is either raising his hands in victory or calling Jeff. :confused1:

Here’s hoping it’s not the latter! :cheers:

My guess is that he won't succeed. On the last run, it didn't look like he had the torque to make it up the steep sections. It was making a weird sound when it started to overload (some suggested it was torque ripple? Or basically a sound when the motor phases--transitioning to the next set of magnets--is breaking down). It would be nice if the wheel noticed it was overheating and go into tiltback (like the 18XL did on overheat hill). IMHO that would be an acceptable outcome. And basically what we are seeing is wheels that are more tuned for speed, and wheels that are tuned for torque, like the MSP speed / MSP torque pair of wheels, and the Sherman seems to be tuned for speed.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, eve said:

Big props to Veteran for not making the first batch like Inmotion or Kingsong. They just put it on hold until its fixed. 

I don’t think it’s a Veteran thing, it’s an eWheels thing. Let’s see if they provide older firmware to those who want higher speed.  The motor wire changes are definitely welcome. I’ve become torque happy on this wheel which isn’t a good thing for motor wiring!

• Like 1