My Sherman Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

7 hours ago, zege said:

Looks like ”Christmas” will be tomorrow boys.:clap3:

Your expectations may be a bit too high - it's not that exciting :D

• Like 1

Haha yeah probably.:D But I really like them anyway. :thumbup: What do you think about the official seat from Veteran? It looks to me as it is placed very far back.:huh: Wonder how one is supposed to get balanced...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zege said:

Haha yeah probably.:D But I really like them anyway. :thumbup: What do you think about the official seat from Veteran? It looks to me as it is placed very far back.:huh: Wonder how one is supposed to get balanced...

I don't think I've seen a picture of the official seat :confused1:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Once the rain stopped, I couldn't wait to ride the Sherman again. Without the mudguard, even with the roads a little dry, I managed to get dirt and road grime all over my backside and up the back of my motorcycle jacket and helmet. Maybe I was going faster than I should :huh: or these knobby tires kick up a lot of debris. I just went ahead and bought the official seat and mudguard from Aliexpress.

The mudguard looks badass. I really don't want to spend the time looking or making an alternative. The seat looks good with the cut outs in the right spots. The position on the Sherman is where my butt sits anyway. I have seen a seat design on Youtube where it spans across the entire top and clamps down over the two handrails. For my riding style, I use the front rail handle for power braking so I've kept that area clear of any attachment points.

So far, really loving my Sherman. With its range and battery size, I am now thinking about how much time I have in the day to ride rather than how far I could go.

Also, I should mention that any Sherman owners will need a great deal of restraint when wanting to ride at high speeds. I have found myself gunning it superman style just to show off or passing cars. This EUC loves being on the streets and going fast. I can see how one can get seriously injured or killed, and I think the Sherman really should choose its owner.

The Sherman is a paradigm shift for the EUC community... for better or worse.

d41339a1ca4823cf39fa29453d41d073186851f2a09f0b07513024e1af43ebc8.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shield said:

Is the mudguard included with the production model?

Since Veteran was created by ex-Gotway employees, I'd be shocked if the mudguard is included :)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Shield said:

An awful lot of hard work and patients but it all seems to have paid off. From what I see the new updated Sherman should have no problems conquering OHH. Have these updates been added the first batch of 100 wheels from eWheels?

I believe so, but I don't work for EWheels and therefore can't definitively say so. Best to contact EWheels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shield said:

An awful lot of hard work and patients but it all seems to have paid off. From what I see the new updated Sherman should have no problems conquering OHH. Have these updates been added the first batch of 100 wheels from eWheels?

According to the update email, yes. It was delayed a whole month due to the adjustments, but honestly I'm not that mad. Feeling a bit impatient though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ghukek said:

According to the update email, yes. It was delayed a whole month due to the adjustments, but honestly I'm not that mad. Feeling a bit impatient though.

Who wants to email to be sure lol I've already emailed them twice this week 😁

If you think you're getting impatient try having killed your msx (my only wheel!) at the very start of a short 3 month summer 😢😢😢

Edited by MrRobot
  • Like 3