My Sherman Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The wheel works, but I then discovered that the LCD panel was also destroyed on Overheat Hill.

So basically everything functional on the wheel got fried. :thumbup:

Marty that was the best overheat hil test ever. 100% success!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eve said:

So basically everything functional on the wheel got fried. :thumbup:

Marty that was the best overheat hil test ever. 100% success!

There have been many successes but the most impressive wheels have been the MCM5 and MSP

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

New control board installed and a new motor installed. The wheel works, but I then discovered that the LCD panel was also destroyed on Overheat Hill.

I can ride the Sherman but cannot configure it or monitor the status. Tilt-back is stuck at 18-mph so the wheel isn't very usable.

Waiting for a new LCD panel to be sent from Veteran.

Have you tried connecting it to an iphone using darknessbot? It supports the sherman now, maybe you can adjust the tilt back to your desired speed

1 hour ago, Alexutlang said:

Have you tried connecting it to an iphone using darknessbot? It supports the sherman now, maybe you can adjust the tilt back to your desired speed

The power button is on the screen itself. Getting the wheel to turn on in the first place would be the challenge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

I have been in direct communication with the DB developers - apparently the Sherman Bluetooth spec's do not support setting the tilt-back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Will R said:

The power button is on the screen itself. Getting the wheel to turn on in the first place would be the challenge.

In my case the power button does work, but that's because the physical button goes directly to the control board. The other 3 buttons on the LCD panel go to the LCD daughterboard, and that board is dead.

So power button works, other buttons don't.

• Like 2

Getting a little bit nervous seeing you riding the sherman without protection. So great that it is fully functional again! Feeling any difference with the new board and motor?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Just riding a tiny bit for a photo-op.

The pedal modes are slightly harder. Pedal dip has decreased a little.

That is great news, when can we expect new videos/information from you?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Just riding a tiny bit for a photo-op.

The pedal modes are slightly harder. Pedal dip has decreased a little.

That sounds really good! Looking forward to your next video.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It took 12-days to receive the new LCD Panel from Veteran but now I finally have the Sherman fully operational again. Took 5-1/2 weeks from when it burned up on Overheat Hill.

Feels great to be riding this wheel again!

IMG_4364

Marty finally standing where he belongs. :laughbounce2:

• Like 3

Looks like it eats those hills pretty good. :clap3:Looked quite steep from time to time too but it did not make that awful sound anymore? Did you feel any difference from before? I might be dreaming but didn’t it look a bit zippier aswell?:thumbup: The trail looked pretty rough, how comfortable was the ride? Many thanks for the great video Marty, so good to see you back on the Sherman!:clap3:

• Like 1