Was a bigger wheel a mistake?

shellac

On 7/2/2020 at 10:43 PM, seage said:

Haha, like everyone said, give it time. 2 days is nothing. Im currently upgrading from an 18XL to a monster, and i expect i'll have no idea how to corner properly for a few days, lmao. Then I need to learn to ride seated. Then learn to carve seated. Theres a lot to get used to. The weight and size and style of torque will all be unfamiliar and i'll need to work on all of thatover the course of a good while before im confident. 2 days will not even be close. Its only scary for you because these wheels are expensive, and so losing that sense of familiarity is frightening. Not being able to get it right away throws your mind into instant regret, but yes, give it a few more miles and you'll start to see if its really not for you or if you just needed to get used to it. I've heard a lot of riders dont ride hard on their new wheels until after their first 100 miles just so they can get used to it and its dynamics. 

Last thing is, every wheel is good and bad at something. You need to find out what this wheels advantages are and ride it for those reasons, and when you know your mten is gonna excel instead, you grab that. 

+10! Very well put!

I agree especially with the quote in bold, you can't even assess a wheel until you've put a good 150 km / 100-ish miles on in! 

P.S. How hard is the wait for the monster proving?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, travsformation said:

P.S. How hard is the wait for the monster proving?

Im offsetting my stress by getting stupidly excited for my dads MSP which will be here on wed or thurs! I'm actually more excited for his wheel than I am for my own. He still has no idea, thinks its on backorder and will be coming around when mine will XD 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, seage said:

Im offsetting my stress by getting stupidly excited for my dads MSP which will be here on wed or thurs! I'm actually more excited for his wheel than I am for my own. He still has no idea, thinks its on backorder and will be coming around when mine will XD 

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice !!! Have the camera ready, a reaction vid would be awesome! :thumbup:

Watching (and helping) your dad get transition from a 14 to an 18" will definitely keep you entertained until you get your Monster! 

• Like 1