TG-T3 Advice Wanted

Jez_Fila

3 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I'm NOT an expert at these batteries, but there are different ways of shunting different packs.  You basically short across one of the Mosfetts.   There are photos on the forum showing different packs and where to short.

My understanding is that doing the Shunt prevents the BMS from shutting off the power to the wheel in the case of over powering (Leaning Forward to Hard, Climbing too Hard, Low Battery, etc..), but I'm not sure how that would help your issue.

Again, I'm NOT a battery guy, so maybe someone else will chime in with a better answer.

I also had a TG that had a bad pack when brand new.  They sent a replacement, and it was good, but I only owned it for a few weeks, so not sure how long it lasted.

Thanks so much for the explanation and yeah, probably not gonna fix my issue, guess I'll have to get another pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2017 at 5:17 PM, scanboy said:

guess I'll have to get another pack

TG seems to ship too many bad batteries. I had 2 T3s, and BOTH arrived with DEAD, UNCHARGEABLE batteries! In both cases the replacement batteries worked and had no further problems.

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

TG seems to ship too many bad batteries. I had 2 T3s, and BOTH arrived with DEAD, UNCHARGEABLE batteries!

Mine seemed to have a very weak battery, but it would charge, just had very little power and range.  It kind of makes me think of the posts somewhere mentioning using old used laptop batteries.  Maybe that is why it was so inexpensive.

Or maybe they send dead batteries to avoid safety issues in shipping and save money that way, "hey, these batteries are not dangerous, they won't even take a charge"

Archived