KS18A with up to 1500Wh battery

esaj

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, OliverH said:

...... I drained the KS18-500W 680 Wh very fast. But maybe this was the version with the 55V setting (low limit). The motherboard has changed than again 1 or 2 times and I'm more heavy than you.....

Do you remember how many miles you got out of the wheel?

i am not sure that reducing the min. Voltage has affected the distance much, but i still have to do a side by side test to make sure...

thanks

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

Do you remember how many miles you got out of the wheel?

i am not sure that reducing the min. Voltage has affected the distance much, but i still have to do a side by side test to make sure...

thanks

We changed in between and I used a Firewheel F779 instead from a light woman. The problem with me are the slopes. On an other ride I drained a MSuper 850 Wh after around 33 km/ 20.5 mil to 25% battery. It was on some occasions a long slopes and I used it, trails. My feeling with the KS was that the battery goes fast down, didn't regenerate as I noticed it on other wheels and downhill tracks was not recuperating as I used to get it (MSuper/ Firewheel). But this is feeling and no measuring.

Anyway. If not lasting long enough, the Kingsong is upgradable with stronger batteries.

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

We changed in between and I used a Firewheel F779 instead from a light woman. The problem with me are the slopes. On an other ride I drained a MSuper 850 Wh after around 33 km/ 20.5 mil to 25% battery. It was on some occasions a long slopes and I used it, trails. My feeling with the KS was that the battery goes fast down, didn't regenerate as I noticed it on other wheels and downhill tracks was not recuperating as I used to get it (MSuper/ Firewheel). But this is feeling and no measuring.

Anyway. If not lasting long enough, the Kingsong is upgradable with stronger batteries.

This is interesting...i thought i read on the forum recently that the batteries in ks 18" are panasonic - same as gotway? I think this would be a big deal for potential customers to know which batteries provide better mileage / regenerate better - not everyone will want to buy a wheel just to spend even much more money to replace the batteries. I wish i could ride both and compare, but i have no access to either wheel as of now.

33 km you mentioned for gotway is what i woukd expect the 840 battery to provide for your weight. This is consistent with my experience on KS14".

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

This is interesting...i thought i read on the forum recently that the batteries in ks 18" are panasonic - same as gotway? I think this would be a big deal for potential customers to know which batteries provide better mileage / regenerate better - not everyone will want to buy a wheel just to spend even much more money to replace the batteries. I wish i could ride both and compare, but i have no access to either wheel as of now.

33 km you mentioned for gotway is what i woukd expect the 840 battery to provide for your weight. This is consistent with my experience on KS14".

Keep in mind: My experience is based on a KS18-500 680 Wh. If I rember right LG cells, old mainboard Android control only with Gotway app, audio playback from iPhone possible. 

1 minute ago, OliverH said:

Keep in mind: My experience is based on a KS18-500 680 Wh. If I rember right LG cells, old mainboard Android control only with Gotway app, audio playback from iPhone possible. 

Ok , i see, maybe the change from LG cells has made a difference.

So far, i am not seeing that the software changes have increased the distance range of 14c.  

On ‎11‎.‎01‎.‎2016 at 4:14 AM, zlymex said:

I opened the compartments of a KS18A 1360Wh model Yesterday. There are three packs: one is on the top that consists of 64 cells with one BMS board. The other two are fork shaped on each side that each consists of 32 cells and one BMS. I opened the wrap of the 64-cell-pack as well, cells are Panasonic NCR18650PF(same as  GW MSuper2).

20160110_172247s.jpg

@zlymex  What Kind of Mainbaord is installed on this one? The old Android connect only or the new BT low energy one with iOS connectibility?

8 minutes ago, OliverH said:

@zlymex  What Kind of Mainbaord is installed on this one? The old Android connect only or the new BT low energy one with iOS connectibility?

I didn't open the top cover. My friend uses iOS to connect the wheel. I tried two Gotway apps on Android and they are not working

20 minutes ago, zlymex said:

I didn't open the top cover. My friend uses iOS to connect the wheel. I tried two Gotway apps on Android and they are not working

Thanks. So it's really the new Mainboard. Just had some thoughts on a currious KS18 from the US (so called domestic configuration). This guy had a similar problem like your friend.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2016 at 5:27 AM, zlymex said:

Where did you get your 1360wh model from? How has it been? Do you love riding on it? 

On 2016/2/5 at 5:52 AM, adhermes said:

Where did you get your 1360wh model from? How has it been? Do you love riding on it? 

That 1360Wh is my friend's, he seems enjoy riding it very much, except once the mainboard was broken after a minor fell.

Archived