Looks like EUCO stopped preorders for MSP due to quality issues

I just preordered a MSP from Ewheels. Should I be worried? This is now posted on the EUCO order page for MSP and it wasn't there a day or two ago: Due to recent quality issues, we are pausing on taking pre-orders until further notice. Must be pretty bad for a reseller to turn down preorders.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, agronick said:

I just preordered a MSP from Ewheels. Should I be worried? This is now posted on the EUCO order page for MSP and it wasn't there a day or two ago: Due to recent quality issues, we are pausing on taking pre-orders until further notice. Must be pretty bad for a reseller to turn down preorders.

I say props to them for having the courage to do so, shows they care about their customers, unlike others.

This also confirms there are QC issues with Gotway right now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, agronick said:

they really should be more specific: are new units failing out of the box, are they breaking shortly after sale, and what exactly is/are the quality control issue(s) being run into?

I certainly agree it can't be great, but without specifics, how is the customer supposed to interpret this information?

Edited by Ben Hatfield
  • Like 1

Ive heard of failing circut boards. I've seen that you pretty much need to hit the pedals as hard as you can to make them go back up. (I think the EWheels model has that solved)  You spend 2 grand on something you expect it to work. I'm not going to cancel my order but I hope I don't regret it. I sold a 2004 Cadillac for 3 grand 4 years ago. 2 grand is a lot to pay for something made out of plastic especially if it falls apart. I downloaded the app just to see what its like and its half in Chinese and half English with a bad translation - doesn't inspire confidence.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, agronick said:

I wouldnt be overly worried. E-wheels conducts their own test and quality control measures. I'm not saying they do or dont comb thru every wheel, but they are aware of the risks they take when selling you a wheel. Part of the service of buying from ANY authorized retailer, is that youll be taken care of. I'm not saying you shouldnt worry at all, but at one point you MAY have to assume faith in your seller. You can always ask sellers directly, but be prepared to wait a bit as theres a TON of action right now. You also have to be aware that the sellers are not magicians with crystal balls.  In the end its up to you.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, agronick said:

EUCO is a small operation relative to EWheels. I imagine they aren't willing to take the risk of dealing with after sales support like EWheels can. What I just said is conjecture on my part; I have no inside knowledge.

A lot of MSP's have been sold. I've only heard of a few problems.

• Like 1

Is there a recommended procedure to go through when you get your wheel? I ordered a MSP via ewheels and I didn't know if theres some checklist of things to do when i get it to check for these sort of issues? 

17 hours ago, Wookz said:

Is there a recommended procedure to go through when you get your wheel? I ordered a MSP via ewheels and I didn't know if theres some checklist of things to do when i get it to check for these sort of issues? 

Ewheels say if you pass the 20 mile mark with no issues then you probably be OK. 

Some have canceled their preorders after ewheels sent this to customers. 

Its only been a handful of failures though but you always have that doubt in your mind. If it fails from what I've read ewheels will not take the wheel back but send you a new controller or what ever part fails. 

107012143-10160125573138975-144691338155

Edited by Antec
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 5:18 PM, Wookz said:

Is there a recommended procedure to go through when you get your wheel?

Slap on some power pads, go find the steepest hill you can climb, and run laps until the wheel reports 140°F.

If you can't get the wheel to 140°F, learn to ride a steeper hill.

If you make it to 140°F, your wheel is trustworthy.

If smoke comes out, put the wheel right-foot-side-up, with the left pedal extended, so that the bottom right corner of the wheel is the highest point. (This reduces the likelihood of board flames heating the pack.)

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1