Tour de West Coast Finland - 1000+ km road trip on EUCs. Tour blog.

UniVehje

14 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Löytyyks helposti pistorasioita laturille. Varmaan jossain ABC:n kahvilassa tjsp voi ladata ilman että tullaan huomauttelemaan. Tai Prisman parkkihallissa

A friend of mine once mentioned that she was told not to charge her CELLPHONE "for free" in a cafe. There are all kinds... :o

-Z-

Edited by Zwheeler
Wrong language

Oh sh•t you already started your trip! It would’ve been nice to meet in Naantali and I could have shown you some routes with your good ol V8. But I’ve had so much work lately I finally got some relaxing time and were on mökki this weekend.

Happy trip!

ps V8 has already some 300 km, and working very well!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Löytyyks helposti pistorasioita laturille. Varmaan jossain ABC:n kahvilassa tjsp voi ladata ilman että tullaan huomauttelemaan. Tai Prisman parkkihallissa

I’ve never had any problems charging at any restaurant or cafe. Usually we plan a lunch break for the trip and charge there. Or sometimes just at the entrance of a local supermarket. Quite often we even find an outlet outside the buildings. Shopping malls have a lot of outlets all over if you start looking for them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, traktori said:

Oh sh•t you already started your trip! It would’ve been nice to meet in Naantali and I could have shown you some routes with your good ol V8. But I’ve had so much work lately I finally got some relaxing time and were on mökki this weekend.

Happy trip!

ps V8 has already some 300 km, and working very well!

Looks like we will be riding the ring road later this summer. Maybe we’ll meet then. Happy to hear the V8 has a nice home now. :)

Yesterday we had a resting day and just walked around old Rauma. Today the trip continues with a 60 km ride to Pori. Video of the first three days is almost done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HelRider said:

The beautiful Velhovesi ring road was about to end. About 10 kms after the lunch break it was time to take a turn towards Rauma. I was getting tired and had achy back, so we took a couple of short breaks. The last 30 kms to Rauma were a struggle due to sore backs and feet, but we made it! 

I struggle at times with a sore back as well. For me it has helped to ride with a back brace that supports your lower back like this one

https://www.tokmanni.fi/selkatuki-6438114782965

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FinRider said:

I struggle at times with a sore back as well. For me it has helped to ride with a back brace that supports your lower back like this one

https://www.tokmanni.fi/selkatuki-6438114782965

Went to the shop and bought one of those. Too early to tell, but it sure feels and looks much better than one could expect for the price!

-Z-

Edited by Zwheeler
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zwheeler said:

Went to the shop and bought one of those. Too early to tell, but it sure feels and looks much better than one could expect for the price!

-Z-

I actually use 2 different braces. The one that I posted is my favorite, but it is really stiff and I use it only when my back is already ”tired and sore”. 

i have another brace that I use more often that is only neoprene. It is not as stiff and does not offer the same support.. but it does help keep the muscles in the back nice and warm and i use that more as a preventative measure than a remedy. I have lived with back pain most of my life, probably due to weak abdominal muscles...  but i hate doing crunches and situps so braces like these are a lifesaver for me.

i hope your back gets better soon Heli so that you can enjoy your tour!

• Like 1

Have you had any problems taking wheels inside or leaving it alone for any cafes or restaurants? I’m in Teijo ruukki with my wife and told her about your trip. We are in a cozy restaurant with very old wooden floor and I would hesitate taking wheel inside.

4 hours ago, traktori said:

Have you had any problems taking wheels inside or leaving it alone for any cafes or restaurants? I’m in Teijo ruukki with my wife and told her about your trip. We are in a cozy restaurant with very old wooden floor and I would hesitate taking wheel inside.

No problems with this. Usually we just take them in and Heli finds an outlet for charging. We’ve even been in similar old cafes. Sometimes we do leave them outside and it’s really not a problem. Everybody is very positive and asks a lot of questions about the wheels.