Reckless riding is going to get us banned

11 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Rofl! :thumbup:

This creativity makes this discussion interesting again!

Also driving just on two wheels could lift the other two wheels safely above the heads of the children, further increasing safety!

Ps.: sorry for supporting this offtopic golf cart derailment...

Maybe in 30 - 40 - 50 yrs time when we are all old stagers we will be on this forum having upgraded to 4 wheels and discussing the new suspension, battery life, tires etc on our golf carts

Edited by Gasmantle
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Maybe in 30 - 40 - 50 yrs time

Pff.. don't know if i can still make it for such a long timespan...

17 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

when we are all old stagers we will be on this forum having upgraded to 4 wheels and discussing the new suspension, battery life, tires etc on our golf carts

Suspension should be exactly my thing - but my back prefers standing over seating. So maybe a papamobil for me!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Indeed it does. This is what separates the good from the great. knowing little secrets like this that seem counter intuitive for avoiding things but actually makes it much easier. Let’s not also forget my point about being too relaxed riding in a straight line and not taking stock of your surroundings, unlike someone who is carving has complete awareness of what’s to the right and left of them. 

You're not talking about physics, so much as driver vigilance. You probably have a point with respect to vigilance being higher when carving.  I take Tishawn seriously when he says he becomes 'one with the wheel.'   He's probably in a flow state.   

Still, not everyone reaches that place and I'm sure a lot of the wiggle waggle is just fun and fashion, a desire to make a dorky endeavor look somewhat cool.

Edited by Livingston B
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I think @Gasmantle would have made more sense if he instead said, "Maybe in 3 - 4 -5 yrs time when we are all old stagers ..."

30-years from now is such an unfathomable long amount of tech-time it doesn't make sense to believe EUC's as such will even exist.

I'm a 60yr old, when I said I sometimes wear an old fashioned Victorian gentlemans top hat, that is part of my regular attire. :lol:

Edited by Gasmantle
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

30-years from now is such an unfathomable long amount of tech-time it doesn't make sense to believe EUC's as such will even exist.

When do you open your history of EUC museum? We will all visit...:popcorn:

Edited by Nic
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Whether or not it's dangerous to pass pedestrians honestly isn't relevant. It only needs to be perceived as such. People on pedestrian paths don't expect anything to be whizzing by them without warning. If that's our interaction with the public, it is only a matter of time before we all get slammed with regulations. 

Regulating pedestrians seems to be the most effective way of preserving EUC freedoms. It seems to me that killing and injuring pedestrians with no legal or financial penalty is the best way to go.

See #1 and #8 https://usa.streetsblog.org/2019/03/06/heres-how-driving-is-encouraged-and-subsidized-by-law/

In my opinion, getting EUCs to be treated exactly like cars are, with liability insurance, would then allow us to treat all pedestrians like the irritating dirt-bags they truly are.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2020 at 3:15 PM, Nic said:

UStride has probably got some skid marks to remove after his motorway trip.:popcorn:

Can't believe he didn't name his video something more click-baity:  "I ACCIDENTALLY TOOK A FREEWAY DEATH RIDE" or something.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

In my opinion, getting EUCs to be treated exactly like cars are, with liability insurance, would then allow us to treat all pedestrians like the irritating dirt-bags they truly are

I always thought death earnest, dry black humour came frome the UK...

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, someguy152 said:

so when is a citizens arrest allowed? @ShanesPlanet

Ya got me on that one. I dont care to look it up either. I should have rephrased that and said it is merely NOT SAFE to do so. I shouldnt have said it like that, I surely don't need to open THAT can of worms, nor do I care to make my ignorance of law even more apparent... I would say that seeing an euc coming near at hi-speed, COULD be construed as an immediate danger. I'm not sure how it would go in a courtroom, had one of those parents tackled the euc BEFORE it got to anywhere near their kid. Of course, THAT can of worms would mean people would be tackling everyone all the time. Tackling people BEFORE they hurt someone OR commit a crime, is kinda grey area to me, probably a bad idea... Ya gotta wait until something happens... catch 22. Hell I dunno, I didnt desire to go to law school. I do find it interesting however and very complex.   This thread is damn entertaining I must say... pass the popcorn?:popcorn:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

2 hours ago, someguy152 said:

so when is a citizens arrest allowed? @ShanesPlanet

These two fine upstanding citizens attempted to make citizens arrest on this jogger. After pursuing him with a pick-up truck, they regrettably but unapologetically shot the jogger three times with a shotgun.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/10/ahmaud-arbery-shooting-new-video-shows-georgia-jogger-did-nothing-illegal/3105123001/

No charges were filed by the local police department after a thorough investigation, although eventually the Federal Government arrested said men after the defense released video evidence.

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Tackling people BEFORE they hurt someone OR commit a crime, is kinda grey area to me, probably a bad idea.. This thread is damn entertaining I must say... pass the popcorn?

or put on minority report!

• Like 1

I live in Montreal Canada,and  already bycicles have a love hate relatioship with the city, they still have a hard time to stop  at a red light, so in my case i respect road signs to the pin,  it takes only a few bad riders to give us a bad rep and we'll be targeted. This sport is new and it all depends on us the pioneers to play safe.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nic said:

You forgot to add that the golf car was carving ... weaving about from side to side at speed ... so as to spend less time on the road endangering others ... and in an attempt for the driver to gain greater control ... making it easier to avoid an accident ... he was also fully aware of his surroundings ... surely this is better than driving in a straight line at lower speed and being predictable. :shock2: :facepalm::popcorn:

13 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

If the golf car was carving so as to gain greater control / driver awareness and the driver was going fast to spend less time on the road then it could be that it would end up driving on 2 wheels thereby halving the amount of road contact and improving road safety by a further 50% :facepalm:

13 hours ago, Chriull said:

Rofl! :thumbup:

This creativity makes this discussion interesting again!

Also driving just on two wheels could lift the other two wheels safely above the heads of the children, further increasing safety!

Ps.: sorry for supporting this offtopic golf cart derailment...

13 hours ago, Nic said:

And if the golf car goes fast enough it can go back in time and undo any harm caused.:wub:

tenor.gif?itemid=9744555

:D 

• Like 3