Demargon

First world day for portable electric vehicles

Buying or replacing toxic batteries every 3-5 years, with absolutely no recycling option available, isn't environmentally responsible. I'd like to see batteries issued and linked to individuals, with massive fines for losing said batteries while in that person's care. Lest I be considered biased like those kooky right-wingers who call for all electric cars to be banned for environmental concerns, I'd also call for all private vehicles to be entirely eliminated world-wide.

There's also the alternative option of single speed steel bicycles which can be simply abandoned with minimal soil leeching while outputting minimal pollution during both the manufacturing process and usage.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:19 AM, LanghamP said:

Buying or replacing toxic batteries every 3-5 years, with absolutely no recycling option available, isn't environmentally responsible. I'd like to see batteries issued and linked to individuals, with massive fines for losing said batteries while in that person's care. Lest I be considered biased like those kooky right-wingers who call for all electric cars to be banned for environmental concerns, I'd also call for all private vehicles to be entirely eliminated world-wide.

There's also the alternative option of single speed steel bicycles which can be simply abandoned with minimal soil leeching while outputting minimal pollution during both the manufacturing process and usage.

I understand and share your view (partially) on battery issues, accountability and so forth. But still, PLEVs aren't Teslas, and they're a hell of a lot more efficient than moving around 2 tons of metal just to transport one person. That's why I believe that, to reach the kind of responsible management, accountability, re-use, recycle system that we're both hoping for, the existence of our vehicles first needs to be acknowledged. We won't reach the next steps until we've accomplished the previous ones, and we're not even there yet... 

That's why I fully back this proposal. It's a necessary stepping stone which could help pave the way. Just think of how long went by since IC cars first started to be mass marketed until emission laws were first out into place (and are still being fought over to this day...) 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.