The Veteran Sgt. Sherman Hemsley - Brief Thoughts on the Jeffersons by houseofjob

houseofjob

I hope one of those guys tomorrow will send this wheel and hit 50 mph. Given a 64-65 mph freespin speed and deducting 12 mph, it should hit 50 with room to spare. 

With 10p, it can deliver some serious current when the wheel asks for it, which no MSX can do @ 4p. So I still hold firm on my belief that the Sherminator is the speed/range whore dream wheel, given the 74.5V low voltage tiltback and 104-105 kmh freespin we personally observed today!

Honestly after playing with the LCD some today, I won’t feel bad covering it with a seat; won’t need it. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I hope one of those guys tomorrow will send this wheel and hit 50 mph. Given a 64-65 mph freespin speed and deducting 12 mph, it should hit 50 with room to spare. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Hsiang said:

What Chris is saying that he Loved it! except that he's afraid of being hurt again down the road like his ex the Z10! Which I still loves despite the daily beating LOL

giphy.gif   giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, shellac said:

The Nikola and Tesla both have person names too you know! Waiting for your nicknames for those wheels. ;)

Crap! You're right, although Sir Nikola Tesla's given names don't feel like ppl's names for some reason to me (?)

yng0vQ3.png

55 minutes ago, shellac said:

Thanks for the entertaining review. 

Sure and thanks!

• Like 1

> She-man

Guys, we have a winner. This wheel will forever be known as the Veteran She-man to me.

--

Joking aside, great write-up. Keeping in mind that this is just the first wheel from a new company, I think Veteran shows a lot of potential for the future. Hopefully they just figure out how to name any future products.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

@houseofjob despite I have no interest in buying this, I did find it interesting to read your opinion and thoughts. 

I just don't have the need for high speed so suspension options are much more interesting to me. 

But that said I really like that you provide practical data that no youtuber normally talk about. Like tube size for mounting stuff or swapping headlights. 

That surely look interesting even to me. Same with you walk over of weatherproofing. Something that I think is very important picking a wheel now as I rarely use my car. I try to ride 99% of the time on EUC instead.

Now I guess the V11 isn't in your interest, but I would love to read a similar post on this or even better one of your famous YouTube review/thoughts of testing vs long term ownership. 

Thank a lot for your above posts. I guess it comes down to diversity of choice.

I just hope high speed wheels don't end up causing bad focus of government and law enforcement. Last thing any of us wants is an EUC ban.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@houseofjob despite I have no interest in buying this, I did find it interesting to read your opinion and thoughts. 

Tack!

I just don't have the need for high speed so suspension options are much more interesting to me. 

Hmmm...

Yeah, I only need really a certain speed on smaller 18 and below wheels, enough to burst and get out of the way of cars/trucks in NYC, and these wheels are starting to go above that.

Suspension I feel certainly has a place in the EUC market, but if riders think it's going to save them from an unseen bump or pothole, I'm afraid they will be very mistaken. I would have rather seen these suspension wheels go smaller and compact, on say a 14 or 16, just to compensate for the smaller diameter and deliver a smaller overall package, but I foresee these first 2 suspension wheels will not be the only ones that ever come to market, so I will wait for something more appealing, and that doesn't compromise on speed or range.

But that said I really like that you provide practical data that no youtuber normally talk about. Like tube size for mounting stuff or swapping headlights. 

That surely look interesting even to me. Same with you walk over of weatherproofing. Something that I think is very important picking a wheel now as I rarely use my car. I try to ride 99% of the time on EUC instead.

Thanks again~ 

Quite honestly, I'm personally tired of the "this wheel is agile/nimble/maneuverable" or "this wheel is stable", etc. reviews-in-a-vacuum, because the EUC experience is so drastically different according to how you ride, so this basically tells me, as a potential buyer, nothing useful unless they either ride exactly like I do, or they are relating actual apples for apples data against existing wheels in a scientific numbers-based approach.

So I'm often still left asking super basic stuff like is this the same GX16-5 pin out as Gotway (which grrrr, I forgot my voltage meter to test!); what the rail width is for mounting, is there space for a thicker tire (no), etc. I guess inane stuff for the guys who need to pull in views by making their wheels rock climb or jump tall buildings and such, but I could care less about stuff like that.

Now I guess the V11 isn't in your interest, but I would love to read a similar post on this or even better one of your famous YouTube review/thoughts of testing vs long term ownership. 

I just hope high speed wheels don't end up causing bad focus of government and law enforcement. Last thing any of us wants is an EUC ban.

LOL, more like one of my niche long-winded, no-exciting-crashes-or-jumps YouTubes haha, but again, thanks, you're too kind. 

I have to say, these early EUC reviews are starting to sound and look the same, and I love the fact that Ian / SpeedyfeetUK is doing these "After 1,000km update" honest real usage videos, so perhaps I'll do some of those on my upcoming Veteran whenever I get back to my channel.

And yes, you're correct in your assumption that yes, I don't have much interest in the V11, but we do have an upcoming demo pitting both suspension wheels against each other, apparently next weekend by @Hsiang, so if I get the curiosity itch, I might go have a look just for education :lol:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Quite honestly, I'm personally tired of the "this wheel is agile/nimble/maneuverable" or "this wheel is stable", etc. reviews-in-a-vacuum, because the EUC experience is so drastically different according to how you ride, so this basically tells me, as a potential buyer, nothing useful unless they either ride exactly like I do, or they are relating actual apples for apples data against existing wheels in a scientific numbers-based approach.

So I'm often still left asking super basic stuff like is this the same GX16-5 pin out as Gotway (which grrrr, I forgot my voltage meter to test!); what the rail width is for mounting, is there space for a thicker tire (no), etc. I guess inane stuff for the guys who need to pull in views by making their wheels rock climb or jump tall buildings and such, but I could care less about stuff like that.

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

LOL, more like one of my niche long-winded, no-exciting-crashes-or-jumps YouTubes haha, but again, thanks, you're too kind. 

I have to say, these early EUC reviews are starting to sound and look the same, and I love the fact that Ian / SpeedyfeetUK is doing these "After 1,000km update" honest real usage videos, so perhaps I'll do some of those on my upcoming Veteran whenever I get back to my channel.

And yes, you're correct in your assumption that yes, I don't have much interest in the V11, but we do have an upcoming demo pitting both suspension wheels against each other, apparently next weekend by @Hsiang, so if I get the curiosity itch, I might go have a look just for education :lol:

This is actually why I would look forward to spending time on any thought you care to share should you decide to test the other things going on in EUC development different from more powerful motor and bigger battery.

I am very sure we ride very different you and I. But it would also make you perfect to point out things I had not thought of.

It might matter less as I already ordered my V11. But there is also the next wheel after this one to consider.

Looking at the Veteran I like the look of the tube roll case. Both from a more raw look and from practical stand point. If wheels keep getting heavier as trend seems to go, we would need a different stronger assembly than a few mm thick plastic structure can give. 

Still I hope should you choose to spend time to check them out, that you have a fun time. 

Honesty pre- production models has changes so much it is likely to be more useful to look at first production models. 

Anyway ride safe.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 6:31 AM, houseofjob said:

Am I the only one that thinks wheels shouldn't have people names (like cats and dogs)?

In this context I don't think Sherman is a people name - imo it's named after the M4 Sherman tank (used by the allies in WWII), because it's built like a tank.

27 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Nope!

In that context, it's still a name:

Veteran Sherman EUC designers inspired by this boat ?

Sherman´s top has almost the same shape like boat has  :efee612b4b:

File:USS General Sherman.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_General_Sherman_(1864)

Edited by Esbu
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 10:33 PM, AtlasP said:

Hopefully they just figure out how to name any future products.

Their next wheel will be called "Patton", you heard it from me first.

No, I don't have any insider information. It's just obvious (well, to me at least):whistling:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Their next wheel will be called "Patton", you heard it from me first.

No, I don't have any insider information. It's just obvious (well, to me at least)

I also think so, but not quite... :P

...hope they will surprise us and next wheel will be named not after his surname, but his nickname - "Bandito" ;)

17 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

"Patton", you heard it from me first.

On the commuter rail ride to Newburyport the train stops in Hamilton where a WWII tank sits (seen from the train) in Patton Park about 50 - 60 feet from.

42°36'52"N 70°52'17"W

Patton is associated with Hamilton.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/05/13/patton-estate-becomes-part-his-adopted-hometown/ELJxnEB0itYIMFpV6n8PxI/story.html%3foutputType=amp

"

HAMILTON - General George S. Patton’s legacy is as stalwart in this North Shore community as the Sherman tank guarding a park named for the World War II hero in the town center.

Patton came to live in Hamilton in 1928, on a country estate of fertile fields and horse trails running along the Ipswich River."

Edited by Bob Eisenman

@meepmeepmayerhey...I was reading about astronomy stuff and learned of Wendelstein observatory

http://www.wendelstein-observatorium.de/wst_en.html

And...the eRosita x Ray telescope (German/Russian) released an x ray map of the universe.

image_8555_1-eROSITA-Map.jpg

Munich (as I have read) is the home of MPE (Max Planck Extraterrestrial)

https://www.mpe.mpg.de/eROSITA

Edited by Bob Eisenman

4 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

And...the eRosita x Ray telescope (German/Russian) released an x ray map of the universe.

whoa, our universe looks like reptilian eye

On 6/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, Unventor said:

I did ask @houseofjob if he's willing to do a tear down of either the s18 or the v11, but he's too lazy to do it. So keep applying those pressure and maybe he'll cave and do some work! =D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I don't think you need a 'teardown' of the S18, @Alien Rides already did that unintentionally.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f398bb0f05bde12346

That picture almost got me to rush for the toilet....I don't think there is any better face for that comment. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

I did ask @houseofjob if he's willing to do a tear down of either the s18 or the v11, but he's too lazy to do it. So keep applying those pressure and maybe he'll cave and do some work! =D

I have not view your review of the ban-all-euc Veteran wheel yet. Honestly I just think this is not doing anything good to the EUC community. The post on reddit is just what I expect would happen. I think it is a very sad development. 

With great power comes even greater responsibilities. Some one didn't get that bulletin or memo I guess. I am just not impressed by that "pro" ride style giving no thoughts to the surrounding you navigate in. 

As for a tear down I don't thinks the pre-production of the V11 is that interesting anymore, as pedal height/attachment point changed.As for the S18. I really don't care. I am not buying it. I have a V11 on pre-booking so that is where my money is. 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:09 AM, Esbu said:

whoa, our universe looks like reptilian eye

I think that is upside down.....:P

• Like 1