New Gotway Wheels Come Locked??? (How to disable the Begode/Gotway transport lock)

1 minute ago, gon2fast said:

My MSP was received in travel/lock mode. A few days before the delivery I received a notification from eWheels with instructions on how to unlock the wheel.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Like the Facebook poster, I would have assumed my wheel was broken. No doubt Gotway put zero info in their "manual". Or did they?

Of course if Gotway was a little more competent in the App department they would have done this via the app instead of some arcane power-up procedure. I predict this will spur endless posts about "my wheel is broken".

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

Hi Marty, 

Chinese sellers have illustrated the new 🔐 function with the following video:

Very best wishes, 

Patricio

Cool. Thanks :cheers:

Very intuitive design by Gotway :facepalm:

On 6/15/2020 at 10:30 PM, Marty Backe said:

So I came across this post on Facebook today (June 15th 2020) of someone who was complaining that their brand new MSP would just beep when they turned it on. Another person responded that Gotway is now shipping their wheels locked!

Has anyone else heard of this?

Here's the unlock procedure which apparently worked for this person:

1. Turn on the wheel
  2. Press and hold the lift cutoff button
  3. Press the power button 5 times
  4. Turn off the wheel. When you turn it on it'll be unlocked

You saw my post on Facebook group. 😊, I also think that I have a defect wheel, until I found out that the wheel came locked. I'm glad that the gotway community was very responsive. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think it should be added that you need to intiate the 5 press sequece immediatly after turning on the locked wheel. a google search directed me to this forum page but it didnt specify that the wheel will auto shut off after about 8 seconds...

• 2 weeks later...

Had an MSP high torque delivered yesterday and there was absolutely nothing on the box and there is no manual just a leaflet inside describling the parts of the unicycle like power button ect but its all chinese, the website they refer is wrong too (redirects to something compelety irreleavant) when you do find they website there nothing on there in relation to documentation.

Googling how to turn on, setup or unlock the MSP failed to return anything, in the end i was lucky enough to find a discord group where someone there was able to help me. My intial impressions of Gotway so far is very poor. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Topkek said:

Just received mine and its reversed I think, should I be worried.  Had to Hold power button and then press anti-lift five times to unlock.  

are you sure you're wheel power on/off with the right button ? :D

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to New Gotway Wheels Come Locked??? (How to disable the transport lock)
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

I figured id respond because i just figured it out. Its the opposite, hold the power button and tap the spin kill button 5 times. 

Kuji lives! Hope the new city and new year are treating you well. :-)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • meepmeepmayer changed the title to New Gotway Wheels Come Locked??? (How to disable the Begode/Gotway transport lock)
  • 7 months later...

my RS came unlocked (i.e. not in transport mode, about which i knew from YouTube videos from (in)famous riders, some of which post here too :P) and with 27km on board, probably it was tested by the local seller, but after owning it for two months, I "managed" to lock it myself by randomly playing with the power button, that is how i found this thread :D - thanks guys - so, there is a procedure to lock it too... (googling... googling...)

• Like 1