V8 inaccurate battery %

Kryziss

I know I must wait 15 minutes before and after charging to use the wheel. While I charge it, if for example the app says 90%, I unplug it and wait 15 minutes it will then display around 82%. The opposite goes for after riding. Say I stop at 42%, wait 15 minutes and check again, I will then see maybe 51%. I know battery % are never completely accurate but are these numbers within what should be expected? If it's normal I don't mind the problem because I am aware of how it behaves and I can deal with it but I would like some reassurance.

• Like 1

absolutely normal, 

Charge to 100% and ride.  Don't think that just because your battery gauge says you have 50% remaining that you can go as far and as fast as you have just been.  

Few devices have real battery gauges that are accurate in terms of capacity. There are a lot more than there use to be (cellphones and EVs the exception), but no EUCs for as far as I know.  

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Kryziss said:

While I charge it, if for example the app says 90%, I unplug it and wait 15 minutes it will then display around 82%. The opposite goes for after riding. Say I stop at 42%, wait 15 minutes and check again, I will then see maybe 51%

Battery % is taken from battery voltage. This is only "accurate" if one lets the battery settle long enough.

The percentage is not taken from the "real"  limits of the battery so they battery % are "skewed" from the real state of charge.

Depending on ones riding style riding with low battery % is not as much fun anymore...

• Like 1