New UK specific EUC forum

Planemo

Chaps,

I really don't want to steal any thunder from this awesome forum but I have been thinking for a while about starting up a UK based EUC forum. The primary reason being that we are struggling to get new riders acknowledged over here. All of the 'groups' I am aware of generally use Whatsapp groups which are quite closed and obviously invite only. There are also a couple of Facebook groups but again it's all a bit fragmented and not everyone uses Facebook. My concern is that any people looking to get into EUC's over here might find it a bit more desolate than it actually is and be put off accordingly, and dare I say it, the scene may appear a bit 'clique'.

The other reason for starting a UK based site is for meets. Again, it's all a bit closed and sporadic with most meets being done via very small, often hidden groups so it's far from ideal IMO.

Soo.... if any riders want to give a UK forum a go, sign up at eucuk.freeforums.net and start posting. It's brand new (set up today) and is a work in progress but we need to start somewhere! We really do need to target the UK, especially given the current situation around legislation.

Once again I hope I will not offend anyone here, I owe a lot to this forum and will visit/post as per normal but I am just trying to target UK riders and get us together!

Cheers

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neon EUC said:

Hiya. I think that's a cool idea. I'm also the creator of official London electric unicycle club on Facebook so feel free to share your link on there too ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Hi Neon, funnily enough I was aware of yourself, you're London I believe (not far from me) but alas I don't use Facebook myself so it's another reason why I thought I would try for a single, online place for everyone in the UK to gather.

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You don't have to hide the link;)

https://eucuk.freeforums.net/

Not sure if a forum is how to best find local people, but I hope it works for you guys!

Haha cheers meep I wasn't trying to hide anything, I just didn't know how to make a clickable link :)

It's not necessarily to find local peeps, just a place where hopefully over time, google et all will pick up if someone in the UK does a search for a UK EUC forum. I do think theres an opportunity for it to work or it may just fall flat on its face due to the small numbers of riders over here. Hey ho :)

ย 

ย 

ย 

29 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I just didn't know how to make a clickable link

Literally paste the link as copied from your address bar (so it includes https://).

Or use the "Link" button in the toolbar of the text entry box, then it should work even with the non-full URL.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Planemo said:

Hi Neon, funnily enough I was aware of yourself, you're London I believe (not far from me) but alas I don't use Facebook myself so it's another reason why I thought I would try for a single, online place for everyone in the UK to gather.

Haha cheers meep I wasn't trying to hide anything, I just didn't know how to make a clickable link :)

It's not necessarily to find local peeps, just a place where hopefully over time, google et all will pick up if someone in the UK does a search for a UK EUC forum. I do think theres an opportunity for it to work or it may just fall flat on its face due to the small numbers of riders over here. Hey ho :)

ย 

ย 

ย 

Oh I didn't realise you heard of me lol small world. Sorry I havent replied sooner as I beenย  busy but hope all is well with your site ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š