Enlarge ks14d battery

Rotan

Hello!

I'm new here and I have my first EUC since 3 days. I already love it and I'd ride it for days, but the battery... well it's a used ks14d, with the 340 battery. BUT I also have a new battery pack of a KS14M.

Can I integrate the ks14m battery in my ks14d? Is there any way? Like remove every 18650 battery from the ks14m pack and add them on the other 2?

Thanks!

nope... the 14D has a battery on either side and its not like the 340 wh vs 420 wh versions have a different number of packs, merely using cells of a different mah rating... your option for upgrading is buying the two 14D 210 wh batteries and installing them (horrible option, no one will buy your other batteries) or selling the wheel and getting a 420 wh 14D or better yet an 840 wh 14S

5 hours ago, Rywokast said:

nope... the 14D has a battery on either side and its not like the 340 wh vs 420 wh versions have a different number of packs, merely using cells of a different mah rating... your option for upgrading is buying the two 14D 210 wh batteries and installing them (horrible option, no one will buy your other batteries) or selling the wheel and getting a 420 wh 14D or better yet an 840 wh 14S

OK... should I remove one of the 2 used packs and replace it with the new 14m battery? 

2 hours ago, Rotan said:

OK... should I remove one of the 2 used packs and replace it with the new 14m battery? 

no xD check my post again... while it would technically work, you shouldnt mix and match... even if theyre the same battery type... what are you hoping to achieve anyways they are both 170 Wh packs and if you were hoping to add an additional battery theres no chance, kingsong doesnt leave huge empty spaces like gotway there is no room

Maybe I don't understand , the question is that   since I can't enlarge the battery I can at last replace one of the old packs with the new one that I have... so I'd end up with a fresh new battery on one side and an old battery on the other... Could it be any good? 

16 minutes ago, Rotan said:

Maybe I don't understand , the question is that   since I can't enlarge the battery I can at last replace one of the old packs with the new one that I have... so I'd end up with a fresh new battery on one side and an old battery on the other... Could it be any good? 

oh I see what you're talking about.. despite what you might think, no.. unless you're replacing both the packs at the same time then you shouldn't combine an old pack with a new one... it CAN be done, but it's unwise.. with the way the bms works the packs should be close in age and by that I mean charge cycles.. I say either replace them both or don't at all.. if you do decide to do it anyways please make sure that the packs are at the same voltage or you will burn your hand and/or fry the connector.. don't just go plugging stuff in

Edited by Rywokast

• 2 years later...