Battery issue

Rode my 16s for a long ride Friday, brought my wheel upstairs to charge today, it's been charging since 11 or 12. 

Just now I noticed the light on the power block was green indicating a full charge. When I turned the wheel on to check its still showed the wheel charging from 3 dots up. 

When I check the app the power is bouncing up and down without even stopping...

I've tried unplugging restarting, checking firmware etc... No indication of the issue or changes... Please tell my batteries aren't dead. . . :(

If you have an slow slow charger, let the battery charge with loooOOooong time (for balancing it ...

Or, use an old 220v 60w bulb in serie with your charger and wait 24h off charging...

i bought an KS16S 4 month ago, and  one of my two LG batterie is dead ...
https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18585-ks-16-strange-battery

don't let it charge untended*

iff your whell self discharge, from 100% to 70% in 10hours, then you midgh have a dead battery pack ?
the battery shall stay at his pervious state if all is good

Edited by Cody

3 minutes ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

Just now I noticed the light on the power block was green indicating a full charge. When I turned the wheel on to check its still showed the wheel charging from 3 dots up. 

Premature charge stop happens once one single cell group reaches ~4.25V. Still beeing far away from full charge (what do you mean "from 3 dots up"?) chances are high that the battery is dead and should not be used anymore.

6 minutes ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

When I check the app the power is bouncing up and down without even stopping...

Some physical damage of the BMS/cell connections/wiring?

So definitely don't use the wheel anymore and get it repaired/replaced!

4 minutes ago, Cody said:

If you have an slow slow cherger, let the battery charge with loooOOooong time (for balancing it ...
i bought an KS16S 4 month ago, and  one of my two LG batterie is dead ...

That makes sense if the bms does not prematurely cut off. Longer than 2-3 hours after green light came up (normal, without bms cut off) only stresses the cells and won't (really) help with balancing.

So better a little discharge and again charging until some limited time after the green light ( @Braxton Richard Wells - i'd absolutely not recommended this in your case!)

Battery is bouncing between 0 and 2.22 wats.

As for the dots I meant that the lights on the wheels itself are only showing as 3. 

When I honk the horn it seems to stop and display as either 37% or 100% for 1 second before fluctuating again. 

As for having it repaired.. I've had the wheel for just over one year. I bought it from a online retailer in California, I'm in NYC ... I don't know of any repair shops in NYC. :(

17 minutes ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

Sooo is it ruined??

You have good chances that it's a loose contact. This could be good or bad news :(

Don't use or charge it before this issue is solved!

Or do I just need to let it charge for a long time to balance it out??

No. Absoluty not.

I'm confused and very worried I was just about to use it to pick up a computer part :(

Visual inspection is the next step...

I would first measure the charger output voltage with a multimeter (while the charger is nor connected to the wheel). If the charger voltage is much below 67.2V, the charger is broken. In that case the wheel could still be perfectly fine.

If the charger voltage is normal, I would check the wheel’s battery voltage from an app. Either KingSong, or a 3rd party one EUC World (Android) or DarknessBot (iOS).

36 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I would first measure the charger output voltage with a multimeter (while the charger is nor connected to the wheel). If the charger voltage is much below 67.2V, the charger is broken. In that case the wheel could still be perfectly fine.

If the charger voltage is normal, I would check the wheel’s battery voltage from an app. Either KingSong, or a 3rd party one EUC World (Android) or DarknessBot (iOS).

59 minutes ago, Chriull said:

You have good chances that it's a loose contact. This could be good or bad news :(

Don't use or charge it before this issue is solved!

No. Absoluty not.

Visual inspection is the next step...

I am distraught.. can anyone recommend an EUC repair shop in Queens or  around NYC.... 

Or suggest what I should do. I'm not comfortable opening it myself.

The voltage in the app I think was at 55? I don't think it's the charge cus why else would the wheel stats be so in flux

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

The voltage in the app I think was at 55? I don't think it's the charge cus why else would the wheel stats be so in flux

As this reported voltage (charge %) fluctuates there is presumably a loose contact.

As this is a high current connection please don't ride anymore. Could be of course still other, not dangerous stuff...

13 minutes ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

I am distraught.. can anyone recommend an EUC repair shop in Queens or  around NYC.... 

Sorry not me - i'm from across the ocean.

Thereare chances to find the culprit by visual inspection. Opening and closing the wheel again is doable, there are video teardowns. It's no miracle, but it's also not hazzle free.

Maybe you have an experienced friend, relative,..?

Measuring the charger output, as @mrelwood suggested won't hurt and is not intrusive...

Edit: and there are many riders in ny - they could now a shop or maybe could help?

Edited by Chriull

1 hour ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

I bought it from a online retailer in California

Just in case this retailer is ewheels.com - they have nice special shipping rates and from what's reported here great repair service. Should be worth contacting them.

Others could also have great service - a contact try won't hurt?

Edit: ny based retailers maybe like to get a chance to help you out to get a chance to gain you as future customer, too?

Edited by Chriull