Riding stats overlay (Insta360 One X is useless)

sis3970

Hi All,

I use a Insta360 One X, which does allow recording with stats, but.... The app needs to remain open and unlocked for it to work. In other words, not usable for EUC riding at all.

Question is: Is there an iOS app that records the stats, without video, whick can later be processed on a desktop, and manually overlay'd on the video?

Many Thanks

Sis

• Like 2

get a cheap droid device and support EUCW? It has all the stats from your wheel along with gps. MUCH more than youll ever find logged to a camera.  My gopro stores data in the video and I can retrieve it with another software. Still I use the standard csv files from Sebas eucw as it is TONS of info, reliable and seems more precise. No way for a camera to get wheel speed/battery/temps anyhow.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sis3970 said:

Hi All,

I use a Insta360 One X, which does allow recording with stats, but.... The app needs to remain open and unlocked for it to work. In other words, not usable for EUC riding at all.

Question is: Is there an iOS app that records the stats, without video, whick can later be processed on a desktop, and manually overlay'd on the video?

Many Thanks

Sis

I use the insta  GPS remote and have it attached to my selfie stick I don't even have to get the phone out, it has all the settings on the remote and can easy see it in daylight it also turns the camera on/off it connects to GPS straight away and automatically has the stats enabled

What phone do you use my Huawei phone worked without keeping the app on but had to enable in settings to keep running in background I also had to disable screen rotation as it would stop recording when it when it changed for some reason ,, try that 👍👍👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

I am using an iphone, thus assume it's a limitation of iOS.

I have been looking for the smart remote, but man, they are hard to find. Sold out basically everywhere.

A cheap droid device might be the next best thing.

• Like 2

gps remote wont give you the stats for temperatures, battery life, max and average speeds, length of tour, and many others. At well under $100 for a dedicated droid device, it was really a no brainer for me to use it over the sketchy and minimal data found in my camera. Euc's report these things, tis a shame to not use that and to rely on what the camera thinks is happening. OF course, having a droid device for more accurate and complete stats, IS having to muck with another device. I can see how just using the camera by itself has its benefits. But hell, you have to buy another damn piece to the insta(remote), just to get its meager data? My droid device even vibrates when Im at custom alarm settings, AND plays my music thru the wheel, AND it lets me calculate road grades, AND it has maps, AND.... you get the point. I dont use a camera remote, my camera can hear me tell it to record and turn off. Horses for courses I guess. Lets not forget, a droid device captures and does ALL of this, even when you dont film things. Battery life on my camera = 1hr. Battery on my droid= 20 hrs. I use multiple selfie sticks, so the 'remote' attached to the stick would be a pain in the ass.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sis3970 said:

I have been looking for the smart remote, but man, they are hard to find. Sold out basically everywhere.

There is a listing on eBay:

eBay Listing

Adorama has them listed as being in stock at $49:

Adorama

I purchased one on eBay from Canada and paid twice as much.

Bruce

Edited by PennBruce
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

gps remote wont give you the stats for temperatures, battery life, max and average speeds, length of tour, and many others. At well under $100 for a dedicated droid device, it was really a no brainer for me to use it over the sketchy and minimal data found in my camera. Euc's report these things, tis a shame to not use that and to rely on what the camera thinks is happening. OF course, having a droid device for more accurate and complete stats, IS having to muck with another device. I can see how just using the camera by itself has its benefits. But hell, you have to buy another damn piece to the insta(remote), just to get its meager data? My droid device even vibrates when Im at custom alarm settings, AND plays my music thru the wheel, AND it lets me calculate road grades, AND it has maps, AND.... you get the point. I dont use a camera remote, my camera can hear me tell it to record and turn off. Horses for courses I guess. Lets not forget, a droid device captures and does ALL of this, even when you dont film things. Battery life on my camera = 1hr. Battery on my droid= 20 hrs. I use multiple selfie sticks, so the 'remote' attached to the stick would be a pain in the ass.

I guess the main difference is that while EUC.W telemetry is much more complete, importing it and syncing it to your videos is a royal pain in the ass, while cameras' inbuilt does all the work for you

• Like 1