Want To Buy Starter Wheel (located in NYC)

Looking forward to getting involved in the electric unicycle community. Considering on purchasing the King Song 16X or the Gotway Nikola 100v however before I do, I would like to practice on a cheaper used EUC. 

If anyone is selling an entry level, beginner model, please reach out to me as I would love to begin enhancing my skills. Once I am more comfortable I will upgrade and sell the beginner wheel to the next fellow rider looking to get involved. 

Looking for a model in the range of $200-300 shipped. Thank you! 

• Like 2

I would suggest to not waste the $$ on a 'newbie' wheel. For that kind of $$, maybe you can find a group ride and see if someone has leftover crap or is feeling charitable? The problem arises when you lose interest because your wheel is crap. Buy one to grow in to. It won't take long. I learned on an 18L and still love it. Plenty of good used choices now, but maybe skip the 'learner' wheel expense? Shipping alone could be $50-100, so you are looking for a useable/safe wheel for $150-200? If you find one and it works, find me one..I'll experiment with it.. The cheapest REAL wheel you can use well after the first learning curve is the mten? I found mine new for around $600, but they routinely come up used for around $400-500. Its an oddity, as its so small but not JUST a newbie toy.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, letsgetlucky said:

Looking forward to getting involved in the electric unicycle community. Considering on purchasing the King Song 16X or the Gotway Nikola 100v however before I do, I would like to practice on a cheaper used EUC. 

If anyone is selling an entry level, beginner model, please reach out to me as I would love to begin enhancing my skills. Once I am more comfortable I will upgrade and sell the beginner wheel to the next fellow rider looking to get involved. 

Looking for a model in the range of $200-300 shipped. Thank you! 

Join the NYC EUC group on telegram.  I believe they have a few starter wheels for sale.  Also, the Nikola 100V is a durable tank, I wouldn't feel too bad about simply buying that wheel and skipping the learner wheel altogether.

• Like 1

Contact ewheels to see witch wheels they have roll nz covers for. Then you can skip directly to a high end wheel that will last you much longer. I went from ninebot one s1 to inmotion v8 to gotway tesla to kingsong 16x over the course of my first year riding. I wish I started with a high end wheel and saved alot of time and money.

Just now, Nimbus2000 said:

Contact ewheels to see witch wheels they have roll nz covers for. Then you can skip directly to a high end wheel that will last you much longer. I went from ninebot one s1 to inmotion v8 to gotway tesla to kingsong 16x over the course of my first year riding. I wish I started with a high end wheel and saved alot of time and money.

Actually had an msx 84v rite befor the 16x but hated the lack of torque 

• 1 month later...