Jump to content
Bruno Arven Noa

Help, what model is this gotway?

Recommended Posts

Hey guys. 
I was going to buy this unicycle however I thought before I do that to ask someone that knows this stuff better then me. It’s a second hand unit and it’s unclear to me if it’s a 100v or 84v. Could someone please specify the model by looking at these pictures?  
The owner is asking 600 euros for it. 
Let me know if it’s a good deal. 

https://imgur.com/6HjNILs
https://imgur.com/aPQdLvP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bruno Arven Noa said:

Hey guys. 
I was going to buy this unicycle however I thought before I do that to ask someone that knows this stuff better then me. It’s a second hand unit and it’s unclear to me if it’s a 100v or 84v. Could someone please specify the model by looking at these pictures?  
The owner is asking 600 euros for it. 
Let me know if it’s a good deal. 

https://imgur.com/6HjNILs
https://imgur.com/aPQdLvP

It's a Nikola. Based on the pics, with the voltage reading 75.6V, I'm guessing it isn't the 100V version (Not sure what the minimum voltage on the 100V is when the battery's completely discharged, but it's more likely it's the 85V version). Doesn't it specify in the ad? Does it mention battery capacity? (measured in Wh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bruno Arven Noa said:

Hey guys. 
I was going to buy this unicycle however I thought before I do that to ask someone that knows this stuff better then me. It’s a second hand unit and it’s unclear to me if it’s a 100v or 84v. Could someone please specify the model by looking at these pictures?  
The owner is asking 600 euros for it. 
Let me know if it’s a good deal. 

https://imgur.com/6HjNILs
https://imgur.com/aPQdLvP

Hi,

Where is this and who is selling? 600 euro is very cheap for a 2000 euro wheel.
Nobody would sell it for that cheap whether it is a Nikola or Nikola plus.
It looks like a Nikola+.
If that is the case then 75V means the battery is way below zero.
100 volt wheels use 24S.
The usable V range for Gotway is 4.2 to 3.3.
24*4.2V = 100.8 (100% charge)
24*3.3V = 79.2 (0% charge)
75.6/24 = 3.15V (around 16% charge)

Not dead... but low. Can he charge it? Can you ride it? Do a lift test?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

600 euro is very cheap for a 2000 euro wheel.

I think that guy just wants to rip off some people who will send the 600. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Hi,

Where is this and who is selling? 600 euro is very cheap for a 2000 euro wheel.
Nobody would sell it for that cheap whether it is a Nikola or Nikola plus.
It looks like a Nikola+.
If that is the case then 75V means the battery is way below zero.
100 volt wheels use 24S.
The usable V range for Gotway is 4.2 to 3.3.
24*4.2V = 100.8 (100% charge)
24*3.3V = 79.2 (0% charge)
75.6/24 = 3.15V (around 16% charge)

Not dead... but low. Can he charge it? Can you ride it? Do a lift test?

Thanks for the reply. 

I live in Sweden and found a guy through an European app similar to Craigslist that is selling this wheel.  He is Germain, witch I cannot understand a word of so we google translate our messages but we still haven’t had that much dialogue since he only responds like every other day. So I thought it’s best to get the info here. 

What is important questions to be asked before making a purchase? 

Also what does it mean that the battery is way below zero? (As you said)

Does it mean that the battery is dead and the wheel needs to be fixed or something? 

Edited by travsformation
removed reply from quoted text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bruno Arven Noa said:

 

If it’s from ebay Kleinanzeigen here in Germany then forget it there are a few scammers around selling big wheels for little money.

They won’t accept paypal only bank, and if you want to pick up the wheel he won’t have time

Had this a few times in the last weeks. They just take your money and bye bye 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

From the voltage, it is a 84V Gotway Nikola (75V is too low even for empty battery for a 100V wheel, but for a 84V wheel it is simply about 60% battery). Credit to @travsformation for that detective work.

It is not a 100V Nikola, at that voltage it wouldn't even switch on. So no concerns about any battery issues.

From the price, this is likely a Nikola with one battery pack instead of two. 800Wh or 650Wh (double that would be the typical 1600Wh or 1300Wh). These are legit sold, it's literally just a normal 84V Nikola with one pack instead of two, sold for a lower price. Maybe $1000+ (very rough uneducated guess) on Ali, so 600 might be a real normal price for a used one.

It's still cheap, and maybe it is indeed a scam. Maybe not.

The seller should be able to answer all your questions and give you all the details. Whether and how he answers them is how you decide if he is legit and trustworthy.

 

54 minutes ago, travsformation said:

It's a Nikola. Based on the pics, with the voltage reading 75.6V, I'm guessing it isn't the 100V version (Not sure what the minimum voltage on the 100V is when the battery's completely discharged, but it's more likely it's the 85V version). Doesn't it specify in the ad? Does it mention battery capacity? (measured in Wh)

Thanks for all the info! 
I’ll ask him for the battery capacity. 
Another thing, does anyone know how I ought to be safe if this is a scam? Is it safe enough to pay trough PayPal? We live to far apart so I simply can’t see the thing in real life. It’s a bit of a gamble to buy something like this but how do I minimize the risk and what else is there to be asked before making my mind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

If it’s from ebay Kleinanzeigen here in Germany then forget it there are a few scammers around selling big wheels for little money.

They won’t accept paypal only bank, and if you want to pick up the wheel he won’t have time

Had this a few times in the last weeks. They just take your money and bye bye 

 

 I’m sorry to hear that. Thanks for the caution. So I’ll probably be safe if he accepts PayPal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's legit, it must be a one-battery-pack 84V Nikola (or a really crazy good price for some other reason).

If it's not legit, well then it isn't.

Paypal is a good idea because you can dispute if there is a problem, and then Paypal decides who is right. If you never got a package, that should be an easy win for you.

Just ask the seller questions without saying much yourself, and see how he reacts. Then you can decide if to trust him. All questions you have should be easy answers for a honest seller, and he should be able to reassure you about everything and that he is legitimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...