Traveling with a EUC? (not commuting)

I've never ridden a EUC but am about to pull the trigger on one (likely the 16X). I'm a pilot and would love an ultra-portable vehicle I can stow and use once I land to travel around, plus when charging my electric car (45+ minutes) it would make it much easier for me to go and do stuff.

But I wonder what experiences you guys have taking these around town? I mean, commuting between home and work is simple because it's secure at both locations, but what about when you want to go to a crowded park, beach, mall, or restaurant? To an extent you can roll them like luggage but that seems like it may be awkward...? Do you ever just use a bike lock around the wheel to secure them someplace outside? Or do you throw it into a strong backpack and carry it that way instead?

• Like 1

I never ever carried it with me. 

But I sometimes leaved it back at a bicycle stand, locked with a bike lock (no problem with my Z10 because of the massive integrated handle, same thing with the One S2). Most times I roll my Z10 with me, even in shopping centres. No problem ever.

Edited by Werner
  • Like 2

The 16X is basically the least awkward  EUC to roll along with you. Even the worst trolley handle like the MSX can be gotten used to and I'd have no difficulty with it in a crowded place.

If people take a taxi from the airport and roll their luggage around with them for a couple of hours, no one cares and no one pays any attention. It's really the same thing with any EUC, except for the "hey, cool what is that?" questions that EUCs usually get.

• Like 2

best part of EUC is that you can take it whenever you want, work, shopping, food, holidays ecc ecc :)

i've taken trains too moving around Italy, so easy and fun ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ed in San Diego said:

Thanks for the replies, that was helpful. I also liked the hill climbing demonstration on that video; part of my interest in the 16 is to be able to comfortably tackle hills, which there are plenty of around much of California.

16x is excellent on hills