“Don’t talk to us about looting, you are the looters. We learned it from you”

Yeah, equating cops executing people on the street with the uprising afterwards as both “bad behavior” and implying they are somehow equal things is just plain wrong. 

One is an atrocity, plain and simple, and the other is not. Things can be rebuilt, but we are never getting those humans back. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 4:04 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Isnt the 'blame game' fun? Poor behavior being responded to with MORE poor behavior.

“Why break things? that won’t get your message across and alienates people...as well as potential allies”

“Why poor behavior, take the high road”

“Just find a way to silently and peacefully protest police brutality” 

7C75F25B-8EE1-4154-8F8C-F6DB1BFDB56A.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm irritated that mayors and governors, almost without exception, say that "outside agitators" have come to cause trouble. What, you think there's some Fifth column of card-carrying anarchist? Its almost hilarious how this same concept of blaming "furriners" was used in 1861 in the South, when supposedly Northern Abolitionists stirred up slave rebellions.

Nonsense. You just have an over equipped police force, courtesy of post 9/11 funding, along with inappropriate training that values "control of the situation at all costs", with predictable results. Your protesters are locals who don't how nasty your police force has become. When Fox News complains with how your police force is treating civilians, then you know you're in the minority opinion.

Edited by LanghamP
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Cory Brown said:

have seen reporters being shot at

Police don't like reporters, and this is demonstrated by the number of reporters specifically attacked by police over the past four days.

https://www.niemanlab.org/2020/06/well-try-to-help-you-follow-the-police-attacks-on-journalists-across-the-country/

One of the reporters states that reporters haven't been attacked in such numbers since the 1960 race riots, but that technically not correct since the majority of those attacks were by the rioters.

Interestingly, the Australian reporters who were attacked are now staying in their room, so these attacks are effective.

I'd guess a better response for reporters is to wear body and limb armor, a full face helmet, armored gloves, goggles and a gas mask, and not worry too much about injuries.

16 hours ago, Blicky Te️la said:

7C75F25B-8EE1-4154-8F8C-F6DB1BFDB56A.jpeg

Its always proper form to be contractually paid and on your employer's time, when exercising your need to inject political views... I have more respect for all of those that peacefully protest on their own time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Its always proper form to be contractually paid and on your employer's time, when exercising your need to inject political views... I have more respect for all of those that peacefully protest on their own time.

He hasn't played since that protest. Since the NFL is a private owned non profit, the NFL can say and do what they please with their players. Where the situation gets murky is that most (and this Bengals/Atlanta stadium) are publicly funded and owned stadiums, then free speech is allowed.

To me, the situation is simple; remove all NFL teams from public stadiums, and forbid the usage of any tax money for building new stadiums, and now the NFL can say and do as they please.

Edited by LanghamP
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, shellac said:

I see, protest but not while you’re on national tv. Out of sight, out of mind.

v0ytndu4vioz.jpg

All problems with black people being treated unfairly can be solved by toll roads. 

By placing toll roads inside of cities that are the road hub, and since cities are the primary generators of wealth (but the wealth doesn't stay within the city but flows outward to subsidize white suburban people), and since inequality is primarily an economic situation, it then follows toll roads are the solution.

New York, London, Paris, Brussels, Barcelona, and various other cities are implementing such a solution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Wow. You see police brutality as “political”. Revealing. 

Edited by Blicky Te⚡️la

I think I'll go fight  bulldog for a pork chop. It's always nice to entertain something that doesnt confuse the issue. Rethink what I typed and come to drastic and wrong conclusions all you want. I havent the time or inclination to separate issues and clarify myself about the obvious. All I know is that when Im at work, my opinions are put on hold, especially if they jeopardize the business. People are free to peacefully protest on their own dime and time. Lately I see 'peaceful' protest being used to justify MORE socially unacceptable behavior. Just because I understand the concept of time and place, doesnt mean I agree or disagree with the topic. Carry on as you were, I merely bring up that the opposing of an obviously wrong pattern of behavior, doesnt justify you doing it at the expense of your employer or your own neighborhood business'.  When a group undermines their own cause thru delinquent behavior, they are destroying credibility, alienating themselves from the majority and making it much easier for those that they oppose, to cloud the issue and negate the effectiveness of the protest. Two wrongs don't make a right....   Two lefts do tho...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I think I'll go fight  bulldog for a pork chop. It's always nice to entertain something that doesnt confuse the issue. Rethink what I typed and come to drastic and wrong conclusions all you want. I havent the time or inclination to separate issues and clarify myself about the obvious. All I know is that when Im at work, my opinions are put on hold, especially if they jeopardize the business. People are free to peacefully protest on their own dime and time. Lately I see 'peaceful' protest being used to justify MORE socially unacceptable behavior. Just because I understand the concept of time and place, doesnt mean I agree or disagree with the topic. Carry on as you were, I merely bring up that the opposing of an obviously wrong pattern of behavior, doesnt justify you doing it at the expense of your employer or your own neighborhood business'.  When a group undermines their own cause thru delinquent behavior, they are destroying credibility, alienating themselves from the majority and making it much easier for those that they oppose, to cloud the issue and negate the effectiveness of the protest. Two wrongs don't make a right....   Two lefts do tho...

Sigh...okay. 
There was no thinking at all about what you typed, one doesn’t need to rethink when you quote someone verbatim. Besides how many different ways are there to interpret the phrase “exercising your need to inject political views”? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

And if I’m reading correctly(please correct me if I’m wrong), it seems as though you also: 

a) think protesting if fine so long as it’s not at the “expense” of your employer.

b) feel that 2 wrongs don’t make a right. And just because people are angry about systemic racism, and a history of police brutality does not mean they need to protest/break/loot aka “delinquent behavior”

We are standing on stolen land. Everything we got here was done through these means. Including building it up (literally and figuratively) on the backs on other human beings based on their skin color).

Im from Boston...where a group of pissed off locals broke into someone else’s property, destroyed all their belongings and dumped it all into the Atlantic Ocean. They had enough of being treated second class and with those actions started a revolution. It was called the Boston Tea Party.

It wasn’t just about the tea alone, it was about ALL of the things “Mother England” charged them for.

Now, of course I am unaware if these thugs...oops, I mean “patriots” were on the clock but fair to say....they simply had enough. 

These kinds of things are always messy. And there sometimes needs to be collateral damage in order to get true change, as our country has modeled for us over its history.  

Given all of that, 

What is this obsession people have with “peaceful” protests and shaming vandalism/looting? 

We gave America our most non-violent and peaceful man. Reverend. Doctor. 

We held hands, smiled and prayed. We sang church songs, marched and held signs................

What did he get for his efforts you ask?

They shot him dead on a balcony like a dog, gave him a Holliday and repeat the same tired 15 seconds of ONE of his many speeches. The 15 seconds that makes them feel the most comfortable and least culpable.

So, yeah...in the grand scheme of things...fcuk a random azz Target or Autozone.🔥🏦🔥

Edited by Blicky Te⚡️la
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Its always proper form to be contractually paid and on your employer's time, when exercising your need to inject political views...

You quoted me, but you managed to omit some of it, thus taking it out of context. I was obviously being sarcastic, just in case there was any confusion on that. I've nothing further to add.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You quoted me, but you managed to omit some of it, thus taking it out of context. I was obviously being sarcastic, just in case there was any confusion on that. I've nothing further to add.

I’ll address your specific point that he is contractually on his employer’s time, ignoring the overall mindset that’s behind what you said, though I think that’s the main issue here.   

First of all we have no idea actually what’s in or not in Kaepenick’s contract.

But let’s say for sake of argument his contract specifically forbade any kind of political expression. These are exactly the kind of rules that should be broken if we are going to have any social progress. 

Striking and labor unions used to be illegal in the United States, without which we wouldn’t have basic things like the 40 hour week. Slavery used to be codified in law. That made it legal but didn’t make it moral or the right thing to do. MLK was arrested for protesting in Birmingham. Sure it was illegal but that’s what civil disobedience is all about. These are all rules that should have been broken and thankfully were.

Here you are saying it’s wrong and immoral to express political opinions on your employer’s time, because it’s against the rules. The greater immoral action is to have a national TV platform like that and NOT to violate your contract to try to save people getting lynched by cops.

Sure you can think it’s not “proper form” but it’s still the right thing to do. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

All I know is that when Im at work, my opinions are put on hold, especially if they jeopardize the business. People are free to peacefully protest on their own dime and time

Those football players aren't really working. They're just standing around while a national anthem is being played. Respectfully standing around doing nothing while a national anthem is being played seems political to me, and has nothing whatsoever to do with job performance.

Therefore the question becomes, "should you be able to politicize outside of job performance?" Maybe not, if that organization is trying to sell you overpriced hot dogs under the guise of an all-American sport, and wants to maintain their squeeky clean image on the backs of CTE-afflicted athletes (read: 100% of them). The NFL, like all professional sports, is showmanship, but compelling its athletes to take a stance that a significant minority, perhaps even majority, disagree with, strikes me as inappropriate censorship when your organization is highly dependant upon tax dollars in a democracy.

• Like 2