Suggesion on the Swallbot remote upgrade for Minipro

Hello All, I was wondering if someone can help me with their experience on the Swallowbot remote upgrade through Whatsapp (listed in the link below). The price seems reasonable, but not sure if the 'bullet-proof' reliability of the minipro will be hampered. Also worried about the range and battery life.

https://more4motion.com/collections/swallowbot-collection/products/swallowbot-upgrade-service

I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light here. Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

I can't comment on M4M's upgrade process, but I installed the same firmware remotely, using presumably the same installation tool/app (I purchased it directly from the developer) and it pretty much does what it says, the push-back is still there just doesn't kick in until about 16mph for me. It seems to pretty much just make the full power of the motors available in a way that the regular firmware doesn't. I didn't notice any change in range/battery life, but I'd presume range & life might drop a little if you only cruise at top speed. I've been using it for months and haven't had any problems related to the upgrade, also no problems using the (official) app with it or anything. I recommend it!

23 hours ago, kristof_explorer said:

I can't comment on M4M's upgrade process, but I installed the same firmware remotely, using presumably the same installation tool/app (I purchased it directly from the developer) and it pretty much does what it says, the push-back is still there just doesn't kick in until about 16mph for me. It seems to pretty much just make the full power of the motors available in a way that the regular firmware doesn't. I didn't notice any change in range/battery life, but I'd presume range & life might drop a little if you only cruise at top speed. I've been using it for months and haven't had any problems related to the upgrade, also no problems using the (official) app with it or anything. I recommend it!

Great feedback.

I’m interested in doing this upgrade.  how can I reach the developer?

On 8/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, Rocky Romero said:

Great feedback.

Well, I don't know the developer himself, but I have purchased 2 copies and learned a lot about it (and these segways in general) from a friend of his. You can get in touch with him on whatsapp, I will message you his number.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:58 AM, Sorry_Sorry_im_Sorry said:

Did you ever do this? I just got my ninebot s and was wondering. 

On 8/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, kristof_explorer said:

On 8/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, Rocky Romero said:

Great feedback.

Hi, it turns out I was actually mistaken about the firmware I installed. It turns out mine is a newer version than the swallowbot firmware, with more power and general improvement. And I got it for $60, so I guess what I'm sharing rather than my experience with swallowbot, is a superior alternative for less money. But this is just my experience, I am happy to put anyone in touch with a provider of this firmware (it also has android app upgrade process) who is also brave enough to want to paypal $60 to a Russian email address :D

Sorry for the confusion!

On 8/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, kristof_explorer said:

Hi, it turns out I was actually mistaken about the firmware I installed. It turns out mine is a newer version than the swallowbot firmware, with more power and general improvement. And I got it for $60, so I guess what I'm sharing rather than my experience with swallowbot, is a superior alternative for less money. But this is just my experience, I am happy to put anyone in touch with a provider of this firmware (it also has android app upgrade process) who is also brave enough to want to paypal $60 to a Russian email address :D

Thank you for your feedback.

I will reach out for this upgrade when I can get an Android phone to install this.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll add my 2 sense, now that I have used Swallowbot for a few hundred km (I don't use it as much as I did before).  I've run it on long trips though using 3 batteries and, I can say without a doubt my Swallowbot segway is the safest one I own by far.  The Swallowbot in mine is not only faster, less annoying (no beeps), it is much safer and does not panic like the original when encountering obstructions.  I totally recommend it.   

Mine was done by a replacement control board from M4M, I don't think they are available any more.  Because I don't use Android nor do I use What's app I've not been able to update all my MiniPros, but one day I'll probably trick The App to register me with a burner phone number on an Android device and try the remote update on a couple others I have.  Id like a group price to update 4 or five for a discounted price, I'm the only one riding them so I hate to pay to upgrade them all.

Looking at getting a S Max, but so far it seems they are not selling it separately with the Knee controller, only the handle bar which I'm not interested in.  I wonder how they behave?  I'm worried Swallowbot software is so much better I'd miss it if I got an S Max.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 2:42 PM, kristof_explorer said:

Sorry for the confusion!

Can you send me info to contact the developer?

• 10 months later...

hi guys has anyone got the contact details for the developer please, and do you know if you buy it and download it to your ninebot s or mini pro and the motherboard should go faulty can it be used on the new motherboard or do you have to buy it again as it might think its a new machine ,i had to replace mine and my machine had 14 km on it but when i fitted the new motherboard then logged in to the app it said 0.0 km

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:53 PM, FreeRide said:

I'll add my 2 sense, now that I have used Swallowbot for a few hundred km (I don't use it as much as I did before).  I've run it on long trips though using 3 batteries and, I can say without a doubt my Swallowbot segway is the safest one I own by far.  The Swallowbot in mine is not only faster, less annoying (no beeps), it is much safer and does not panic like the original when encountering obstructions.  I totally recommend it.   

Mine was done by a replacement control board from M4M, I don't think they are available any more.  Because I don't use Android nor do I use What's app I've not been able to update all my MiniPros, but one day I'll probably trick The App to register me with a burner phone number on an Android device and try the remote update on a couple others I have.  Id like a group price to update 4 or five for a discounted price, I'm the only one riding them so I hate to pay to upgrade them all.

Looking at getting a S Max, but so far it seems they are not selling it separately with the Knee controller, only the handle bar which I'm not interested in.  I wonder how they behave?  I'm worried Swallowbot software is so much better I'd miss it if I got an S Max.

Freeride - I have a S-MAX equipped with the non adjustable knee bar, roll cage (from m4m), and comfort tires and it is it so so so much better than the default smax config. My SMax use to give hard tiltback, contant warning beeps, and would throw tantrums (usually throwing me off in the process) but now with my current setup it is so well behaved and really powerful. Top speed is somewhere around its advertised but it doesn't beep or tilt back nearly as much as it did. It also now has the ability to self balance when I'm not on it And it also can pretty effectively use the remote joystick feature pretty well (definitely not safe - that's the part that glitches out now but i think it's a roll cage conflict). I would love to be able to get some custom firmware on it but can't find any for the SMAX.