Which BIG super wheel is 1.quietest and 2.best at going slow?

Mmhmmm

If you were choosing a wheel that is big, smooth, and fast specifically for professional camera movement video capture (so you want the lowest motor and road noise plus slow-speed maneuverability, but also safe top-end speed), what would you pick? MSPro?

Welcome!

26 minutes ago, Mmhmmm said:

If you were choosing a wheel that is big, smooth, and fast specifically for professional camera movement video capture

The new supsension wheels coming out soon (Inmotion V11, Kingsong S18) could to be perfectly "made" for this?

(so you want the lowest motor

All wheels (GW, Inmotion, KS) have low motor noise by now? The hight pitched noise of earliear days should be gone, but some motor noise is still (has to be?) hearable. Here just trial or error should help - or some members who have all the wheels ;)

and road noise

I have no idea if low profile or even slick tires are available? They should minimize road noise.

plus slow-speed maneuverability,

That should be feasable for all wheels - but depends mostly on the capabilities of the rider ;). The new tires (a bit wider) and maybe low tire pressure should help for this task.

If real stable slow speed maneuverability is needed maybe a two wheeler (segway like) is more appropriate?

but also safe top-end speed)

Depends on which speeds one is looking for. Without high accelerations top speeds are (as good as) safe, as long as warnings are regarded. For you some details, like if and which warning beeps can be disabled so they are not on the original soundtrack, should be of interest.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mmhmmm said:

If you were choosing a wheel that is big, smooth, and fast

The upcoming V11 or the trusty 18XL.

(so you want the lowest motor and road noise

My guess is the MSP might be the only one that could have a little more motor noise, others are probably comparable.

slow-speed maneuverability

Z10, 16X.

safe top-end speed

MSX/MSP/MSS.

Since you are looking for a single wheel with the mentioned traits, it's about balancing the priorities. Also, the best wheel for the purpose would almost always be the one the rider is most familiar with, so just choosing a wheel is only one step towards the goal.

If shooting videos really is the only purpose for the wheel, I'd look at the new suspension wheels (V11 & S18) and the Z10 first.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chriull said:

Welcome!

The new supsension wheels coming out soon (Inmotion V11, Kingsong S18) could to be perfectly "made" for this?

All wheels (GW, Inmotion, KS) have low motor noise by now? The hight pitched noise of earliear days should be gone, but some motor noise is still (has to be?) hearable. Here just trial or error should help - or some members who have all the wheels ;)

I have no idea if low profile or even slick tires are available? They should minimize road noise.

That should be feasable for all wheels - but depends mostly on the capabilities of the rider ;). The new tires (a bit wider) and maybe low tire pressure should help for this task.

If real stable slow speed maneuverability is needed maybe a two wheeler (segway like) is more appropriate?

Depends on which speeds one is looking for. Without high accelerations top speeds are (as good as) safe, as long as warnings are regarded. For you some details, like if and which warning beeps can be disabled so they are not on the original soundtrack, should be of interest.

Thanks! Great point about the warning beeps.. Slicks make good sense. Currently, for low noise and exact movement, a Onewheel with the stock slick at around 18psi. performs very well and can literally stand still when desired. The next level movement vehicle needs to go faster than the ~15mph cautious and safe speed max that a Onewheel can perform. I've been theorizing that the MSX Pro 100v would be perhaps the safest on-set device because of the torque and extra battery and the ability to safely go 30+mph with a heavy operator and heavy  gear. I want to be able to stop fast, start fast, and go as slow as possible when necessary. I appreciate your insights.

Edited by Mmhmmm
spelling

1 hour ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Z10 best wheel for recording.

Hi Darrell,

Do u recommend the Z10 for maneuverability or for low noise? Do you think it is completely reliable comparatively? Thanks a lot.

22 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The upcoming V11 or the trusty 18XL.

My guess is the MSP might be the only one that could have a little more motor noise, others are probably comparable.

Z10, 16X.

MSX/MSP/MSS.

Since you are looking for a single wheel with the mentioned traits, it's about balancing the priorities. Also, the best wheel for the purpose would almost always be the one the rider is most familiar with, so just choosing a wheel is only one step towards the goal.

If shooting videos really is the only purpose for the wheel, I'd look at the new suspension wheels (V11 & S18) and the Z10 first.

You make great points, as usual, thank you. I learn fast and will be training seriously, but yes this will be my first EUC, transitioning from an advanced Onewheel background and other action sports. My primary use will be for production, so my decision is purely for quiet, smooth, slow/fast, safe performance.

I love the idea of the suspension wheels, but like many I fear the first generation, maybe I shouldn't.

I would like to make the most of the summer training season and order ASAP.

Is the Z10 fully reliable? Thanks.

I think z10 is best for being stable while going slow. It is a quiet wheel but the tire can get squeaky while slow maneuvering if tire pressure too low.   If you need more torque/acceleration/speed and control at something faster than fast jogging pace then Nikola (any config) or 16x would be my suggestion.  My $.02

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 10:08 AM, Mmhmmm said:

Is the Z10 fully reliable? Thanks

Seems so from reports here. What i did not get till now if they managed to ged rid of the battery drain once turned off.

What's maybe to mentionn is the ~100A battery current limit which can lead to overleans at low(er) speeds with very aggressive riding. But most presumably this is with no regard to your requirements.

The wide tire should in any case help with low speed stability.

• Like 1