Kingsong - Before you purchase WATCH THIS!

Marco Domingos

• Are you aware that they just block me...?

I don't blame them. 

• I dont post here more often because everytime that I do is always people attacking...

You focus on drama, and get the same critical attitude. If you want quality comments focus on quality content.

• Do you know that from all this videos if ive done $20 in total was a lot...

That is a lot. It's hard to believe that many people like that sort of content, but Jersey Shore ran quite a few seasons. 

• i dont have anything to add

That's self-evident. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sebrios said:

Boooooo

:pooping:  Video

If you're not willing to pay full price, and you do everything you can to save some dollars, be prepared to take care of your own.

You expected to have same service as if bought from a distributor? .. thats why they have a margin... to keep parts and support their customers.

if you want to be cheap, at least be prepared to pay for the spare parts

booooooooo!!!!!

(sorry guys, this comment is how I think about the OP. no intend to offend anyone here)

I'm pretty sure Ops video is all about recommending people to buy from a distributor instead of directly from the manufacturer. Yes it came off a bit "whiney", but it is a detailed explanation of the experience he went through buying directly from KingSong.

Maybe people are right in that OP is throwing an influencer wannabe tantrum. Personally though I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and that the intent of this video is to urge people to buy from distributors.

You're trashing on him as if he was recommending something entirely different. Did you even watch the video? You stating the difference in the level of service when bought from a distributor compared to directly from the manufacturer is the SAME message OP is sending.

"If you want to purchase something, purchase from an official distributor." This is literally in the first 20 seconds of the video.

Edited by davinche

I dunno man. I see both sides. The video title is kind of click bait-y, but the content isn't inherently wrong. What I do find troubling is the amount of dog piling I'm seeing. To me it just seems like borderline bullying, but maybe I'm too sensitive.

Watch the content first, then give constructive criticism. That is the most productive way for the community to grow. But what I'm witnessing is that some people didn't even bother watching the video before trashing OP.

I mean... so what if he talked about spending $1000 on lights an camera. $1000 to you might be chump change, but to OP (I don't really know his background so i can't say) might be a lot. The benefit of the doubt i'm giving is that he's just a dude hustling trying to make YouTube his living. So let the content do the talking. If the content sucks, then making no money from YouTube is justice enough.

TLDR: Title is click-baity but content is not inhrently "bad". Community imo seems to be dogpiling OP. We should strive to give each other constructive criticism instead.

2 hours ago, davinche said:

I dunno man. I see both sides. The video title is kind of click bait-y, but the content isn't inherently wrong. What I do find troubling is the amount of dog piling I'm seeing. To me it just seems like borderline bullying, but maybe I'm too sensitive.

Watch the content first, then give constructive criticism. That is the most productive way for the community to grow. But what I'm witnessing is that some people didn't even bother watching the video before trashing OP.

I mean... so what if he talked about spending $1000 on lights an camera. $1000 to you might be chump change, but to OP (I don't really know his background so i can't say) might be a lot. The benefit of the doubt i'm giving is that he's just a dude hustling trying to make YouTube his living. So let the content do the talking. If the content sucks, then making no money from YouTube is justice enough.

TLDR: Title is click-baity but content is not inhrently "bad". Community imo seems to be dogpiling OP. We should strive to give each other constructive criticism instead.

TLDR Guy never posts here. Starts a new topic with a sensational headline. Posts links to sensational clips with thumbnails we find offensive. Could have just written a few lines instead of forcing us to watch something.

Everybody got offended. After that everybody started acting like they got offended and said so. 

TLDRTLDR: Guy logs into the forum and offends everyone. Everyone tells him off. He doesn't apologise.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 3:40 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

This isn't the first time I have seen a seagull fly in, take a shit and then leave.

A post with a summary would have been more helpful.
Just do it... write a summary.
It's not too late.

If the message is to buy from a reputable seller then that is it's own message and can be written and discussed.

8471 km on my 16X... I crashed it today though.
Bent pedal hanger. I better ask for a refund.

So.. my left pedal hanger is bent. If I brake heavily or force the wheel forward while holding on to a fence the motor fails.
I was riding ~45 kmh after the accident... got home.. screwed the wheel back together nice and tight. Charged it up a bit.
Rode a bit... heard some grinding (heard it on the way home as well). Pedals shifted when I went up an incline.
Tried to make it happen again... it happened again.
Riding down a decline... I tried to brake hard and almost fell on my ass. Grabbed a fence... tried to over lean forward and backward. The motor can't keep me level if I use force.
Rode carefully home... took everything apart, discover that the left pedal hanger is bent.

Sucks to be me.

That is 8400+km of off-road, skate parks, hills, dropping the wheel maybe 20 times, smacked it around at low PS denting the rim in a few places, but a medium speed crash bent the pedal hanger / axle.

Maybe a new motor will do the job. I really, really love this wheel.

Also.. I am okay. Scraped elbow and knee, pain in my left foot. I can always get another foot... But my wheeeeeeeel... 

You need to gear up. Foot "protection".

272852_102_MOONBOOT_W%20NYLON%20MOON%20B

I hope you can salvage the wheel. As in getting it fixed. Just thinking it could be a more severe thing or just those metal pieces that lock the pedal hangers to the axle. It would be interesting to know what solves the issue should you decide to fix it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davinche said:

The video title is kind of click bait-y, but the content isn't inherently wrong.

No, not THIS post was kind of click-bait, ALL videos he posted (Facebook groups) was in the same style (face and headline). 

Don't know what he was talking about in the vids, because I didn't saw any of the vids, because I don't like click-bait and also I don't like that cruelly composed look on his face either. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Yes, it was weird how that posted to the forum. I'm on a remote connection so maybe that's it. (I removed the "rather odd" duplicate)

I thought it was a perfect bot-like response considering the previous posts from the OP.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha yeah. I will see what I can manage to do with it. EUCs are still a silly cheap hobby and I have had crazy fun riding the 16X. 

Thank you! Nice of you to say so I have infinite time so riding is a perfect hobby for me. And hanging around the forums too.
I will try to unscrew the pedal hanger and rescrew it on at 180 degrees so it sticks out instead of sticking in. And see if that helps.
Crazy that I was still able to ride it at 45 kmh yesterday lol.. i'm lucky I made it home in one piece.

it's cheap and quite a simple task to replace pedal arms... if the axle is not damaged, it's no sweat,, if what I'm thinking you're describing is what you're actually describing (reversing the top half of the pedal arm) that's not possible

Edited by Rywokast

18 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

it's cheap and quite a simple task to replace pedal arms.

I would completely remove the pedal hanger and straighten it. Not because it's cheaper, but because then the issue is fixed in one day. :)

7 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I would completely remove the pedal hanger and straighten it. Not because it's cheaper, but because then the issue is fixed in one day. :)

well that depends how bad it is.. if it's bad the structure could be compromised or the hardware.. I'm not risking my neck to save 40 bucks or a couple days of waiting.. but if it's only slightly bent yea bend it back/replace the hardware if you wish (there's a good chance the actual pedal arm itself is not damaged merely bent the two vertical screws fixing the top and bottom portions) in which case just replace the screws easy peasy... if you see any cracks or other signs of structural damage including to the threads it should be replaced

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

it's cheap and quite a simple task to replace pedal arms... if the axle is not damaged, it's no sweat,, if what I'm thinking you're describing is what you're actually describing (reversing the top half of the pedal arm) that's not possible

11 minutes ago, buell47 said:

4 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

well that depends how bad it is.. if it's bad the structure could be compromised or the hardware.. I'm not risking my neck to save 40 bucks or a couple days of waiting.. but if it's only slightly bent yea bend it back/replace the hardware if you wish (there's a good chance the actual pedal arm itself is not damaged merely bent the two vertical screws fixing the top and bottom portions) in which case just replace the screws easy peasy... if you see any cracks or other signs of structural damage including to the threads it should be replaced

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, buell47 said:

This is once reason to why you have more wheels. 

Just as my KS16X is on sick leave right now, waiting for new control board and getting as tire change and looked at the valve(fix) you posted while at it.

In the mean time my V10f and KS18L will have to do. And also why I decided not to sell my KS18L despite a V11 will be joining my wheel park "soon".

• Like 2