Longest ride within 24 hours

EUC Addict

What is the longest ride you've done on your EUC in one day?

As of May 17, my longest ride was 138 miles. My route was the Santa Ana River Trail, beginning in San Bernardino CA, down to Huntington Beach and back. I rode with six other guys. Could have done with two charges, but didn't charge enough on the first charge.

I know there has got to be some of you out there that have ridden longer.

UPDATE: Here is a short summary video of my ride with Relive map at the end 

Edited by shwinston
Add video of ride.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, travsformation said:

When I saw you'd posted here I somehow thought it would be to brag about how many kms you'd done on the expedition you just got back from :P :efee612b4b:

Haha :D 481 kilometres in four days - nothing to brag about :) It was only supposed to be a training before June's expedition, although undoubtedly it was an exhausting exercise - low speed, riding in rain and strong, cold wind, mud on forest roads etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seba said:

146 miles with external batteries was the highest I saw on that thread. I wonder how that worked. I was expecting more people to have posted mileage over a 100. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Haha :D 481 kilometres in four days - nothing to brag about :) It was only supposed to be a training before June's expedition, although undoubtedly it was an exhausting exercise - low speed, riding in rain and strong, cold wind, mud on forest roads etc.

How far will June’s expedition be?

1 hour ago, shwinston said:

How far will June’s expedition be?

According to the planned route it will be 1999 km, but in practice it always comes out a bit more. I estimate that I will end up riding for about 2200 - 2300 km. Eight days' ride, one day's rest and another seven days' ride.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shwinston said:

146 miles with external batteries was the highest I saw on that thread. I wonder how that worked. I was expecting more people to have posted mileage over a 100. 

There are numerous people that are not present on our forum that are regularly going over 100 miles at once (of course, with charging in the middle). Just take a look at the "Top Riders" stats on EUC World main page ("Globe trotter" section). Looks like French riders especially love to ride for long distances, just like I do :) And of course, there is @Archee Jan Bloch with his absolutely epic, 317 mile trip (although not within 24 hours, but still in very demanding and exhausting "ride-sleep-repeat" regime). So I think that long-distance EUC riding is more popular among EUC riders around the world.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, Archee Jan Bloch said:

yeah I didn't get any sleep if you look at the time frame it was basically within 44.5 , and while I started with external battery backnpack after carrying that for 14 hours I decided to drop it home and just use my fast charger so I will charge for 3 hours and then go ride and then charge again and ride and charge again and ride. to maintain the range you have to go slower but if you go slower you get tired way faster and you get bored. it's all mental. I wanted to do 500 mi but that seems impossible so I took 500 km, still good. in fact this month I owe the most I ever did and if I take the 2 or 3 times the app crashed, I have done over 1700 miles in last 30 days or so

500 miles in 24 hours is possible ) I did 520 miles (838km) I was using 4 euc’s though and charged them on my way with a team of 2 drivers a car and 2 generators ) this was truly almost non-stop riding. I had only 3 30 min breaks while eating. And when switching the wheels for charge ) You can check the full
video of it here: