King Song KS16X best Pedal tilt for FW2.02 2020

DjPanJan

FW 2.02 officially opened a pedal tilt for the KS16X in the range of -10 to +10 where 0 means level.

I would like to ask more experienced riders what angle they would recommend, for example, for braking control comfort leg pain.

Say what you know about this topic is repeated but I would like to talk about the KS16X specifically.

I would like to thank King Song for improving the products and setting a high standard for the EUC industry.

The opportunity to roll back the previous firmware version if gamechanger. And as a customer, I am grateful that there is a company representative here on the forum, thank you.

My 16X board v1.5 Chaoyang tire FW 2.02  40 psi pedals on Hard the first essential thing I came up with by trial and error is that the tilt can only be changed when standing 16x.

Not applicable on the fly tested on the Eucworld app (android).

The value of -4 braking was amazing(i realy love)  with acceleration it was worse.

Values of positive +4 I feel that I will move forward acceleration is good, but when braking I have great difficulty balancing on my heels.

With a value of -10 and setting the pedals to Soft(warning), I wanted to try the brakes, I drove at 25 and hard barake and the pedals react so low that I waved my hands with the feeling that I was falling on my butt.

Therefore, I ask what are the advantages and disadvantages of pedal tilt compared to the value 0.?

Or does it all depend very much on the hardness of the pedal settings?

Is this because the pedal hardness adjustment essentially adjusts the natural tilt of the pedals according to the acceleration or braking situation?

Edited by DjPanJan
fix

I have no answer to your questions, but the resolution in 1% steps is too high. Nobody needs +/-10°.

It would be better and more reasonable, rather only +/-3° but in 0.1° steps.

Sorry if this sounds like bitching again, but just like the BT patch it only reaches 50 points out of 100 again. :rolleyes: 

Or have I missed something and can one enter 0.3 ° via keyboard for example? I just moved the slider and then I didn't think about it anymore. 

Update: it's not possible 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

I would like to ask more experienced riders what angle they would recommend, for example, for braking control comfort leg pain.

This is 100% a personal preference, and others’ recommendations shouldn’t guide your personal choice much at all. As long as you keep it sane, so in the +4 - -4 window.

The natural angle will depend on your ankles, feet, posture, foot position, shoe heel thickness, riding surfaces, etc. I suggest you try comparing 0 and -2. Ride, brake, accelerate. If -2 feels better, next compare -1 and -3, and so on.

Therefore, I ask what are the advantages and disadvantages of pedal tilt compared to the value 0.?

Exactly and only the ones you already found by yourself!

Is this because the pedal hardness adjustment essentially adjusts the natural tilt of the pedals according to the acceleration or braking situation?

If I understood the question correctly, then yes. Pedal hardness determines how much acceleration is applied when you tilt the wheel forward and backwards. Soft mode will let the wheel tilt forward more before acceleration, so if you have applied a strong neutral tilt forward, accelerating will make the angle even larger and therefore more easily to be too much for you.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

[Edited]   This is one of the only questions posted to the forum I have found regarding pedal tilt.  While I have an InMotion wheel & you mentioned more specifically the Kingsong version, I thought I would comment here so others may comment more on the versatility of pedal tilt among the different wheel manufacturers.  There is no intention of hijacking this thread or taking from the OP the original focus of intent.  If you feel I have done so, I apologize.

My question to go along with this topic is the definition of tilt.  What does 4 degree tilt mean?  Is this 4 degrees tilt forward or 4 degrees tilt backward?  Riding my wheel, when pedal tilt is at zero, I feel many times I am leaning way forward when in reality I am standing up strait buy my feet are angled slightly upward from heel to toe giving me the feeling I am leaning forward.  It gets taxing on the calves rather quickly.  Granted I may have been running at less than 50% battery which I have recently learned would should cause the pedals to tilt slightly backwards to limit acceleration/speed?  But setting the pedal tilt at +2 or +3 degrees hasn't helped that I can feel.  So does the tilt only come into affect at a certain speed, otherwise remains near zero?  If it comes into affect at a certain speed, what is that speed that the pedal starts to tilt?

These settings may be different with different wheels; Kingsong vs Inmotion vs Gotway.

I had a weird experience on my wheel as I was playing with these settings.  Setting my pedal tilt at +6, the pedal would feel horizontal to the ground when I started riding.  Accelerating would cause the pedal to tilt forward.  Then as I started to slow my acceleration, the pedal would tilt back toward zero.  Is the pedal tilt designed to be interactive with the speed of the wheel or is it a hard setting?  In other words, does the adjustment of the pedal tilt in the app cause the pedals to fluctuate more in acceleration & brake or is it a set & forget setting?  If I set the pedal tilt to +4 degrees, does the pedal tilt adjust & stay at +4 degrees regardless of the rider & riding technique or does the pedal fluctuate from zero to +4 / -4 degrees depending upon the acceleration / braking of the rider?

The second weird thing I had with my wheel was a setting called "Car body turning & forward correction" on the InMotion app.  I don't know how to set this setting nor what it suppose to do but when playing with both the +6 degree pedal tilt & this CBTFC setting, turning right I felt my toes scraping the pavement the pedal tilted so much.  I nearly lost control it was such a steep tilt.  Turning left on the other hand, I had no forward tilt at all.

I have not yet found any definitions of these settings nor the appropriate explanation of what setting will do what affect.  We really need a more descriptive "user manual".

Edited by Hangman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hangman said:

We really need a more descriptive "user manual".

From my experience inmotion no need changing tilt. Inmotion on hardes setings is realy SOFT and FW help you with tilt.

Changing this is practical on kingsong where on 2.02 FW when braking on hard mode pedals stay level and you can slip out.

Medium or soft mode help you if you brake tilt is changed to help stay on pedals.

Then in hard mode you change tilt prmanently to -3 (-4) braking be beter/stable/confortable cons is  need aplly more energy to go acelerate.

Is personal preference after hours of test i stay on level then tilt 0 and FW 1.07 hard mode i like how 1.07 on board 1.5 brake and have fast response. Cons is not ideal stability 43+km/h this can be only because my tire chyao yang (2 batch tire) 38 PSI.

Who like FW 2.02 i fully respect i found my gold point and definetly stay there long time.

On 8/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, Hangman said:

The second weird thing I had with my wheel was a setting called "Car body turning & forward correction" on the InMotion app.  I don't know how to set this setting nor what it suppose to do

First follow this instruction:

Then you can play with the tilt and see what feels comfortable. It will change with time and if you change shoes etc. On long journeys I use the tilt angle to change the pressure position on my feet. Even small changes are noticeable. Play first in the range of -2 to +2 degrees. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 2

I've been experimenting on this today with my Nik+.  By way of background, I have a couple of IM wheels, I've never bothered messing with those, I've never had to calibrate them.  I've also got an 18XL, I've only ever calibrated it after firmware updates, and it flat level in a U stand.  I've always been super comfortable on it as-is.  I'm not sure how it happened, but last week on my Nik I started noticing that my toes felt jammed up in the front of my shoes while riding, and I general wasn't as comfortable riding.  I realized that the calibration was likely thrown off, so I've been fooling with it.

Simply calibrating it level in the U stand improved things greatly, then I started to put some shims under one end (or the other) of the stand and play with it a bit.  I've realized that I don't like forward (positive) tilt really at all.  I'm comfortable with a level calibration, and I prefer a bit of backward (negative)  tilt.  1.5 degrees is really comfortable for me, it's not too much tilt, but makes me feel a bit more locked-in on the wheel.  As I move it up toward 3-4 percent negative it starts to feel unnatural.  That's my experience anyway, which is just a preference, as I think it will be for most people.

I would be nice if more apps started to allow this adjustment so that you can do a dead-even calibration in a stand and then adjust on the fly via the app if you like.  On long rides, I could see wanting to change settings based on terrain, how fatigued you are, etc. 

• Like 2