Boogieman

Fluroscent ACID wheel / pedal angle ++ / beeper / outer chassis reinforcement

Does the buzzer still work as I found once unscrewed with the pressure removed from the back of it the sound and level changed to a high pitched whine with no volume?  I popped my through the outer cases and bolted it in place and used a plastic disc (using the same bolts) on the rear to simulate it being mounted to a surface, this way you got the increased level outside the case. Can hear mine and it's loud at 30mph with a motorcycle helmet on.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:18 AM, Delmeekc said:

Does the buzzer still work as I found once unscrewed with the pressure removed from the back of it the sound and level changed to a high pitched whine with no volume?  I popped my through the outer cases and bolted it in place and used a plastic disc (using the same bolts) on the rear to simulate it being mounted to a surface, this way you got the increased level outside the case. Can hear mine and it's loud at 30mph with a motorcycle helmet on.

Thanks for the info. I haven't tested it yet.

Its worrying if it will get less loud now due to being mounted with soft self adhesive tape (in used the foam kind), then i have to split everything AGAIN 🙈 

Assembly almost complete, just fiddling with battery shelves

Posted (edited)

Hopefully it'll be fine. When I first moved mine external I didn't realise that and couldn't hear it at all so abandoned the ride and took it apart again and did some experimenting. Just turning it on and off and listening.

Even when bolted to a little plastic sheet I had to get the little disc so it sat just inside the circular part to add some pressure as one side had a slight lip, this was on both the wheels, same buzzer part number.  

Done 200+ miles since the mod on both wheels and still loud as. Been caught in the rain once and had to be pop the caps on, then just rode much slower as can't hear it then.

Edited by Delmeekc
Added info

@Delmeekc Confirmed. Buzzer is not as loud as i remember it. 

It will have to do for now, still have ear buds with warnings and tiltback at 45. Have to ride at least a weekend :-) to see how the things i did affect the ride like:

- new tyre brand and model (kenda) 

- tightened up the mount of the circuit board that holds the gyro (before it was a bit rattly loose)

- new extreme pedal angle for ground clearance, might be to much to the point my ankles will hurt. 

- Or course see the paint job when mounted :) until i crash again at least LOL

Then dismantle, screw that shitty beeper into the chassis and put it back togehter. I had a feeling i wad gonna regret putting it with sticky tape LOL

That's a shame, maybe put it through the side panel so it's on the outside when you have another go.  Take it easy as it is for now.

23 hours ago, Delmeekc said:

That's a shame, maybe put it through the side panel so it's on the outside when you have another go.  Take it easy as it is for now.

Don't want to "allow rain" to get inside it. Ill just bolt it onto the chassis, remove tape and add an extra "thick plastic disc washer" in between..

Wheel is completed for now...thread updated

I made some soft rubber caps for both wheels which fit tight if you get caught in the rain. I also used silicon where the buzzer pushes through the panel and made the hole an interference fit.  Don't ride in the rain but I keep the caps in my riding jacket pocket just incase I get caught out.

8 hours ago, Delmeekc said:

I made some soft rubber caps for both wheels which fit tight if you get caught in the rain. I also used silicon where the buzzer pushes through the panel and made the hole an interference fit.  Don't ride in the rain but I keep the caps in my riding jacket pocket just incase I get caught out.

Nice, though i dont wanna drill any holes nor put too much effort into it. I might add a amplifier board so i can mount 4 buzzers intrnrslly though :-) should be fairly easy...tgink I read it here..in your thread?