Extra buzzer/laser Diagram for any Gotway

Sebrios

Msp cutout at 34mph?? Tilitback turned off??? Now u have some time on ur hands can u explain what happened? Time to rethink the Safety beeps?With the speeds we are now going ,noise as a warning seems a pathway to asphalt eating. Maybe the return of the tiltback or some haptic feedback either through the wheel or a watch/phone/other device? @Mikesacristan uses smart alarms that work on a percentage of battery power rather than speed. Maybe 'smart tiltback" to stop the faceplanting????

Yeah I had full gear. Morotcycle suit and full face helmit. I cheaped out on the kneepads. I used dirtbike pads that weren't anything special when I got them 10 years ago. They protected the shin and knee but just couldn't take the impact. I should have got something better. My whole body is basically fine except for my leg. Tiltback should definitely change with battery level. I've hit 41 no problem. Never thought I'd cut out at 34.

Edited by agronick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daley1 said:

Time to rethink the Safety beeps?With the speeds we are now going ,noise as a warning seems a pathway to asphalt eating. Maybe the return of the tiltback or some haptic feedback either through the wheel or a watch/phone/other device?

I am riding a modded ninebot e+, extra cooling, firmware to p and extra batteries, thus it was unsafe untill tested. I couldn't trust the ninebot's beeps from day one, they were confusing. For 4 months now, I am wearing a watch that directrly connects to the wheel, and does the haptic feedback along with a simple dashboard. . Overheating, high amperage, too much speed, are all factors. I have the haptic feedback alerts as follows: 

they inform about speed, temp, amps, battery.
they come in every 2.5 seconds if available, in a loop for as long as they apply. 
1 buzz for low batt
1 buzz for high temp
1 buzz if over the limit, adding an extra buzz for each khm more.
1 buzz for high amperage adding one more every ampere.
or 1 buzz for high regen ampreage adding one more (braking force, downhill limits)

the first buzz of the loop is a bit longer
so if sudenly go 4 khm over the set limit, i will get 4 haptic feedbacks, if I slow down, they will be 3-2-1 gone. If temps is high too, they will go from 5 to 1 and that one will persist untill temp drops. 

if i do a simple stop to check traffic I will get a one time 2 buzz feedback (7 amps regen), if i do the same stop loaded with groceries from the market i will get 4, so I instantly know I should drive slower. 

I think haptic feedback is a must, it gives knowledge of the wheels conditions, one can know how much braking force he has left for example, it is different when braking on strait surface and when on a slope. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, agronick said:

Tiltback should definitely change with battery level. I've hit 41 no problem. Never thought I'd cut out at 34.

I wish a fast and full recovery. 

Tiltbacks are a problem trying to solve a problem. If the conditions are near the limits, a tiltback is dangerous, it is a energy demanding action.
I think that the idea of information via sound is very limmited too, it can only inform about danger, or elase it will get annoying. We need a way to drive fast and aggressive, but never actually engage the tiltback conditions. We need contstant "readings " of amp, speed, temp and batt if over a set limmit. Haptic feedback is the way to do it easily, until a better way comes. 

On 9/22/2020 at 4:16 AM, agronick said:

Wish I did this in time. Had a cut out at 34 mph. Couldn't hear the beeps. Leg and kneecap are shattered. Surgery tomorrow. If I ever ride again don't think it will be a Gotway.

16007444492989211623904773677442.jpg

That's sucks, hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to ride soon.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

My MCM5 buzzer become very quite after being wet once.

I was near to buy this replacement item ($12) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001454681515.html
But (thousand) thanks to your article, i can use this for $1 (!!!!), right? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32984518008.html

The datasheet specify 20 mA, I can use 2 in // with no risk, don't you think ?
Otherwise also specified at "3-24V", wont it work better with 2x 9v batteries (18v) ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 6:09 AM, Boogieman said:

You would have to get a 9V + charge voltage. If you could find that in the wheel.. You don't need the battery :) (usb is 5V). I am no electronic expert but i guess it would be possible.to.upconvert 5v to 9v also for DC with a transformer?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F22NXPC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_TXG3YR9N6D2Q4AF7XWGR

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 3:51 PM, Delmeekc said:

Here's a video of the MCM5 alarm going off with the stock buzzer mounted externally. Very loud given the distance being picked up on my phone.

How did you add side lights :O

Edited by amomymous

On 4/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, amomymous said:

How did you add side lights :O

I fitted led strips inside the vents from the inside of the side panels and used a separate controller connected to the 84v battery via a switch and then a buck converter.

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up putting another little buzzer in parallel with the stock one and mounting externally close to the top of the wheel she'll. It's not a loud buzzer but position seems to be everything. Very easy to hear. I'm happy with it for sure.

• Like 1