eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

On 3/17/2021 at 10:52 PM, kanenas said:

I ride an mten3, live in Halandri and we have met one time on an euc.gr meeting in panepistimioupoli ... I asked you for a cigarette.

So, I got a watch, flashed it, loaded eucWatch and connected it to my mten3.

Nice

yes, the gotway module is not tested at all, but it should be easy to nail.

Thanks for being brave, please send me a pm so that we find a quick way to talk :)

thanks to @kanenas who parted with his mten so that I can play with it, we now have a working gotway client.

Calibration, alarm settings, tiltback speed, riding mode, horn, lights, dash readings and haptic alerts are now working. :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tom384 said:

Hallo, is the P8 SE smartwatch compatible with your FW? I have one of these so i'm curious if i can try it.

I think not, I think it is not an NRF52XX chipset :(

yes it is not, it will not work 

Chipset HS6620D

Edited by enaon

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a FAQ that lists all the functions/actions and/or what the icons mean?  I think I've figured out most things but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  Also is there a way to know which touch chipset I'm supposed to be using?  I had tried the 816 at first and it took me a while to figure out that I probably shouldn't be on that one as things started going much smoother when I tried the 716.  I haven't tried the 816S (or plus or something like that) yet as I was having pretty good results with the 716

Everything appears to connect/report fine from my MSX and my Mten3!

I'm currently installing from p8-testing (which I saw mentioned earlier in this thread) as I'm mostly riding my V11 and using that I can get it to connect, but it just says "on" - from a quick glance at the code in the V11 branch on GitHub it looks like it should possibly be doing more (it looks like it would successfully poll the speed and battery, etc - but I just started looking at it) - is there a different way to test that branch?

Awesome work!!!

Edit: Two more quick questions - can you switch to 12 hour time instead of 24 and is it possible to switch it into MPH or is it always KPH?  Thanks!

Edited by BarrettJ
additional ?s

7 hours ago, BarrettJ said:

Edit: Two more quick questions - can you switch to 12 hour time instead of 24 and is it possible to switch it into MPH or is it always KPH?  Thanks!

will do(12 and miles), and also make the v11 work. I had a breakthrough, the bridge is coming soon, so it will be a week or so for all of them. It the meantime, it's better to avoid testing, things will get worse before they get better. :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BarrettJ said:

Is there a FAQ that lists all the functions/actions and/or what the icons mean?  I think I've figured out most things but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  Also is there a way to know which touch chipset I'm supposed to be using?

no faq yet, some things are for the smartphone companion support, will make one when things settle a bit, I will most probably change the menu format. :)

I could be doing the check, but this part was written long ago, maybe later. The 716 drops the registers values too fast, so you cannot do follow-up gestures. Other than that it's fine.

Make sure you have the accelerometer selected right, you can check by connecting to the wheel and then raising the watch to make sure it auto turns on the screen.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, enaon said:

no faq yet, some things are for the smartphone companion support, will make one when things settle a bit, I will most probably change the menu format. :)

I could be doing the check, but this part was written long ago, maybe later. The 716 drops the registers values too fast, so you cannot do follow-up gestures. Other than that it's fine.

Make sure you have the accelerometer selected right, you can check by connecting to the wheel and then raising the watch to make sure it auto turns on the screen.  

The smartphone companion support is android only, correct?  (I'm normally an iOS guy/dev, I just happen to have an old S7 sitting around from an old project)

I pushed some changes:

Inmotion V11 should now connect and display basic dash info, no settings yet, please confirm as we do not have a wheel to check. The work on the imotion client was done by @Freestyler, he has now sold his wheel to get a monster sport.

On the simple dash, touching the top right corner will toggle between battery percentage - voltage (not sure about begode voltage readings)

On the simple dash, long holding on speed will toggle between Kh/h -  ml/h (just a quick solution for now)

On the clock face, long hold on hours will toggle 24 - 12 hour mode.

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

I’m still getting all 0s for all fields (same with all the fields when I swipe down) when connected to my V11 (it’s for sure connecting, I can see the Bluetooth icon on the wheel and it makes a beep when I connect). 

I wiped everything from testing and just installed from the regular branch.  I did that a few times and it’s the same result (and I also used that time to confirm my touch screen and accelerometer). 

Any ideas?

769D750F-D481-4BEE-8142-9F1681DF30BF.jpeg

Edited by BarrettJ

25 minutes ago, BarrettJ said:

I’m still getting all 0s for all fields (same with all the fields when I swipe down) when connected to my V11 (it’s for sure connecting, I can see the Bluetooth icon on the wheel and it makes a beep when I connect). 

I wiped everything from testing and just installed from the regular branch.  I did that a few times and it’s the same result (and I also used that time to confirm my touch screen and accelerometer). 

Any ideas?

769D750F-D481-4BEE-8142-9F1681DF30BF.jpeg

It must be my fault, I changed some things yesterday, I will look closer and let you know later today.  Are you using testing, or the main p8 loader. ?

If you were on testing, just go to main p8 loader, remove inmotion euc module, and install again, it should work.

Ps. I  see you allready did that, so I will look closer. 

@Techos78, do you think I should change it to only display positive values?

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

I just looked at the official Inmotion app: the reverse speed is positive. For me, that don't care... I installed ALL modules from P8 loader via Windows/Chrome PC.

Speed works fine, but ... nothing else :D . but it's a good start. While driving I have many vibrations of the watch, when I display the speed in large characters the speed changes to reverse colour at 13 km/h ...

I have tried programming the haptics thresholds, without results, however I am very happy with the current state, I have been waiting for this for years. @enaon is very efficient, he will certainly be able to improve all that, calmly, taking the necessary time...

Garage.JPG.97d57c4f0df75541195b414d2a16a5bb.JPG  Watch-bracelet.JPG.f8ef180cbcdd840a98ee2894acc116c8.JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Techos78 said:

speed changes to reverse colour at 13 km/h ...

this is a feature, it just means that you are at a speed where a fall will hurt. :)

It will also change to yellow and red, depending on speed and amp readings

Also, 13km/h sounds strange, I think it is 20, so maybe you are on Mph, not Khm.  Long hold on the speed on the simple dash, toggles between miles and khm, just a quick hack for now. 

2 hours ago, BarrettJ said:

I’m still getting all 0s for all fields

Just thinking out loud here trying to understand why you do not get values, another idea is that maybe you have an older espruino image installation? 

Can you verify that the image on the info page on the watch reads: 2v08.200?

http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/362761/#comment15948435

@BarrettJ do one last thing for me.

I see that your bt name is p8-eucwatch. This indicates you are using the testing branch(*), the default one gives the name eucwatch. Go to the default branch, remove the inmotion euc module, and install again only that, and report if speed battery and temp are displayed please. 

*(that is if the name was given by the installer, if instead you later installed the handler file alone, then the name is p8-euwatch anyway, so ignore this post)

Edited by enaon

56 minutes ago, enaon said:

( about speed colour )

this is a feature, it just means that you are at a speed where a fall will hurt. :)
It will also change to yellow and red, depending on speed and amp readings

Also, 13km/h sounds strange, I think it is 20, so maybe you are on Mph, not Khm.  Long hold on the speed on the simple dash, toggles between miles and khm, just a quick hack for now. 

OK for colours, i understood. Just a comment: I think the red is too dark, it is difficult to see despite the absence of sun at this time.

In Mph ? Mmmmh, it is possible, I will take a look, Thanks.

29 minutes ago, enaon said:

@BarrettJ do one last thing for me.

I see that your bt name is p8-eucwatch. This indicates you are using the testing branch(*), the default one gives the name eucwatch. Go to the default branch, remove the inmotion euc module, and install again only that, and report if speed battery and temp are displayed please. 

*(that is if the name was given by the installer, if instead you later installed the handler file alone, then the name is p8-euwatch anyway, so ignore this post)

I made sure I was on the regular branch and re-installed with just EUC and then added the V11 modules (and confirmed it was named just eucwatch).

It connected to the wheel, but it was acting weird (showing a black screen when connected to the wheel) and now I can't disconnect it from the wheel (or at least the wheel shows a bluetooth connection at all times, even after restarting the watch and turning off the bluetooth). 

Edit: leaving the wheel off and unplugged seemed to clear up the bluetooth on the wheel.  I'll have more time to debug after running some errands.

Edited by BarrettJ

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch