eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

14 minutes ago, dukky said:

I'll also do a full reinstall, should I do the 'update 32 apps' thing or Installer -> update all apps, is there a difference?

update is fine normally, but this time better do an install all to be sure :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bartekreaper said:

Hello i bought the watch. Tried to install espruino but at THE END i used loader for P8 and not testing loader... (I have P22B1) Tried later with testing loader but now its stuck on white 1 yellow square screen :(

using the standard loader is unrelated to the yellow screen, it is due to the watch being either a p22D or a p22B1.

So, to solve it, go to the testing loader again(assuming you have finished with the install) -> connect -> go to my-apps tab -> core section,
delete the core - P8 - P22 A/B/C/C1
and install the core - P22 B1/D

and delete Handler - P8 - P22 A/B/C/C1/D
install Handler - P22 B1
then do a disconnect from top right to restart the watch. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, enaon said:

using the standard loader is unrelated to the yellow screen, it is due to the watch being either a p22D or a p22B1.

So, to solve it, go to the testing loader again(assuming you have finished with the install) -> connect -> go to my-apps tab -> core section,
delete the core - P8 - P22 A/B/C/C1
and install the core - P22 B1/D

and delete Handler - P8 - P22 A/B/C/C1/D
install Handler - P22 B1
then do a disconnect from top right to restart the watch.

Damn, you are lifesaver. I also read again this... :ph34r:  P22D and P22B1 are now compatible, but need loading extra core and handler files after installation is done for the display to work. 

Everything works now, big thanks. Do you have donations? Or i only saw the creator of DaFlasher  

31 minutes ago, bartekreaper said:

Everything works now, big thanks. Do you have donations? Or i only saw the creator of DaFlasher  

nice :)
I don't even have a basic manual yet, I am giving all I got to take it to V1.0, I talked to the other guys and a link will be up sometime in the future, thanks for asking. Both  espruino and/or Atc1441 paypall is just fine for now, they are amazing, I just want to include Fanoush somehow. 

Edited by enaon

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

Is it possible to have watch stay on 100% of time? 

yes, it has a per face timeout.

go to the dash you want to stay on (simple or digital) call settings, (swipe up) , press the brush icon, and move the timeout to over one minute, this ill disable the accelerator  from turning the screen off for that face for the set amount.  This way one dash can be automatic and the other always on. 

this will eat up the battery fast, 3 hours on 7 brightness, 4-5 hours on 3. 

I saw your video, nice. your dash was red because of the limit on the wheel alerts menu, take the speed up a bit so that color coding works best for you. Also long press (and release on the p22) to make the switches turn blue on that menu, this turns on haptic for that field. 

there is also a global "screen to full brightness" gesture that is useful, bottom left upwards will toggle full/stored brightness from any face.

Edited by enaon

Thanks, I tried setting the timeout to 10 minutes for the `dash_digital` screen and it now stays on even when I lower my arm.

This seems like a bug though - for less than one minute set on that screen (e.g. 30s) it turns off almost immediately when I lower my arm. Other screens (`main`) with the clock, doesn't turn off the screen when I lower, just waits for the timeout that is set so long as there is not input or interaction.

Part of the reason I would want the screen on all the time like Afeez is that is seems there's a 0.5-2s delay when lifting my arm, so if I want to check my speed right at that instant, I can't, but have to wait for the screen to turn on, which is all time I'm not watching where I'm going

Edited by dukky

1 hour ago, dukky said:

This seems like a bug though - for less than one minute set on that screen (e.g. 30s) it turns off almost immediately when I lower my arm. Other screens (`main`) with the clock, doesn't turn off the screen when I lower, just waits for the timeout that is set so long as there is not input or interaction.

it needs to be over a minute else the accel will turn screen off on hand down, on every sceen, main or dash makes no difference, Maybe you had the accel turned off (it auto turns on when you connect to the euc) when you did your testing?

I think this is the best way to have allways on for sometime and revert to normal when no more need for it, but if you think something more usable I will be happy to include it. 

Are you sure it takes up to 2 secs to turn on? The loop is at 250ms for the accel, it should not be more than half a second max.
Are you using it on the left hand? bottom top or side? 

Edited by enaon

3 hours ago, dukky said:

Part of the reason I would want the screen on all the time like Afeez is that is seems there's a 0.5-2s delay when lifting my arm,

you were correct, I had the loop set at 500ms for the sc7a20 accelerator, ( I have a bosch bma on my watch), so over 1 sec including screen draw was possible and that is quite a lot. I took it down to 100ms, increased the x axis margins a bit and pushed the change, connect to the loader and do the handler update from the my apps tab, then disconnect using the top right button for the watch to restart and apply the changes. Please report back if it now works better.

keep in mind that the watch is left hand only for now for the accel to work ok. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

Thanks will give it a try out, yes I am using on the left hand.

However for the main dash (clock, no EUC), the watch does not turn off right away (with accell turned on, as I use that for lift to wake to see the time) when I lower my arm. I can make a video to demo this, the difference between the main and dash_digital screens

Edited by dukky

7 hours ago, dukky said:

Demo of the accelerometer not turning off the screen in main/watch mode.

Thank you for this, I fixed the turn off pattern and pushed a change, please update and let me know if it is better now. 

Keep in mind that  in order to maximize battery life for the acc when in watch mode, it does not sense rapid movement, if you move your hand fast it will not register, but it will catch up when you shake it a bit, so in normal life situation the "off" will be fine. The "on" on the other hand is not optimal, needs some getting used to, I will look into it a bit more in the future. 

Edited by enaon

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick follow-up; I hadn't messed with the watch since fixing my Tesla back in March, as I ended up buying a cheap old phone to mount on my wrist instead. However, now my wife is using the Tesla so I wanted to get the watch working again. The installer failed, and I feared I'd bricked the watch as there was no display but the two green lights on the underside were permanently on. Eventually I managed to get the old DAFlasher app to recognise the watch, since nothing else would, and ended up having to re-flash the old 'step 4' file - it was the only way to get things going again. I again tried the installer, and again it failed but I noticed that it got further this time (around 27 of 31 files). I wondered if it was just maxing out the available RAM on the watch or something, so once I got it back to life (DAFlasher again) I instead opted to upload the individual files that I wanted instead of using the installer. Since I only have a Gotway Tesla and a Sherman, I deleted the KingSong, InMotion and NineBot files and finally the Begode and Veteran files would upload. A quick restart and the watch was back in action. I just tested it with both wheels and we're all going well. Good news! Thanks again for all the work that has gone into this; sorry I've been AWOL for so long!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mantraguy said:

Just a quick follow-up; I hadn't messed with the watch since fixing my Tesla back in March, as I ended up buying a cheap old phone to mount on my wrist instead. However, now my wife is using the Tesla so I wanted to get the watch working again. The installer failed, and I feared I'd bricked the watch as there was no display but the two green lights on the underside were permanently on. Eventually I managed to get the old DAFlasher app to recognise the watch, since nothing else would, and ended up having to re-flash the old 'step 4' file - it was the only way to get things going again. I again tried the installer, and again it failed but I noticed that it got further this time (around 27 of 31 files). I wondered if it was just maxing out the available RAM on the watch or something, so once I got it back to life (DAFlasher again) I instead opted to upload the individual files that I wanted instead of using the installer. Since I only have a Gotway Tesla and a Sherman, I deleted the KingSong, InMotion and NineBot files and finally the Begode and Veteran files would upload. A quick restart and the watch was back in action. I just tested it with both wheels and we're all going well. Good news! Thanks again for all the work that has gone into this; sorry I've been AWOL for so long!

You faced two problems: 

1. The loader sometimes needs a refresh to connect, small problem, just refresh and it willconnect.
2.The old bootloader had two bugs, It did not ping the watchdog, and did not auto exit dfu (devide firmware update) mode. It is easy to enter dfu mode by mistake (by holding the button while poweron/restart and releasing with in 3 sec time frame), when placing it on the charger after it was empty, is the most common way. The green lights on the back indicate that you entered dfu mode somehow.

To solve this for the future, flash this file over using daflasher, it is a bootloader update. Then try the installer fro the loader again if you like, all will work. Thanks for the report :)
https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/blob/main/tools/hackme/p8-bootloader-2v08.189.zip

ps1. Not being able to ulpload all files indicate that you may have an old espruino image, one that had a smaller storage space available, not enough space for all the files now, the project got bigger is size with time, and latest images went from 400KB to 4MB storage available. Use the latest daflasher, and install the latest espruno image too if you want (latest p8 step4 file), it is faster, but you do not need to. (yet, it is required for inmotion v11 support, as it also allows for extended MTU window)

ps2. the tesla seems to have the bt module sandwiched between two aluminium plates, I think you will get a lot wrong values, gotways have no crc checks on the bt packets, so there is not much the watch can do to solve that. If you like the watch and want to use it on the tesla, this is the solution.

( @Cormo from https://www.espritroue.fr/ )

Tesla_BlueTooth_1.jpg.2ad41478974dfefa21
Tesla_BlueTooth_2.jpg.046ac17c9b06b3f508

Edited by enaon

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @enaon! We've used it a few times over the last week or so and everything has been fine. The biggest issue is just learning the features and navigating between screens etc. We haven't noticed any wrong values or other issues from the Tesla. We discovered that it wasn't possible to have both the watch and phone (for EUC World app) connected to the Tesla at the same time, which I'm sure is a limitation of the BT module on the EUC, but that's not really a big issue. Otherwise everything works great so far! :-)

1 hour ago, Mantraguy said:

Thanks @enaon! We've used it a few times over the last week or so and everything has been fine. The biggest issue is just learning the features and navigating between screens etc. We haven't noticed any wrong values or other issues from the Tesla. We discovered that it wasn't possible to have both the watch and phone (for EUC World app) connected to the Tesla at the same time, which I'm sure is a limitation of the BT module on the EUC, but that's not really a big issue. Otherwise everything works great so far! :-)

Nice, actually you can have EUC World connected at the same time, mostly for log keeping as of now. 

If this icon is enabled in settings-bt menu, the watch will emulate a ninebot Z10, so you can scan from euc World, find the watch, not the wheel, connect to it, and then it will bridge the info once you connect from the watch to the tesla etc. 

This feature will disable the loader access, so to update etc, you have to enable the >_ icon first.

Also, it is best to upgrade to latest 2.10 image, it give some more ram, so bridge works without mem problems. 

AlIMG_0094.thumb.JPG.f0f839aa5514ab1b00407233dd84e93b.JPG

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 1:10 AM, enaon said:

the watch will emulate a ninebot Z10

Maybe allow us to customize which wheel is emulated? Otherwise your ride will be a Z10 while you actually ride a veteran for example

11 minutes ago, ArieKanarie said:

Maybe allow us to customize which wheel is emulated? Otherwise your ride will be a Z10 while you actually ride a veteran for example

This will be done properly with the help of Seba from EUC World, two way comms so the wacth can act as primary device or companion to the phone in the future. 

For now, and for proof of concept, the Z10 emulation was the easy way :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Tell everyone he's riding an airwheel x8:clap3:

Actually I think it is an honor that we get ride a Z10, even on paper. :D

but jokes aside, there is a problem, euc World will think there is an overvoltage issueif one connects a sherman for example as a z10, z10 was 15X, sherman is 24X, so alarms must be disabled on the phone. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

Ok so people have been pointing me over here the problem I am having is that the watch I got is a P22C1 and i downloaded all the files correctly, I had the 3 squares then one square then step 3 and 4 had a blank screen like it said it would. The final thing I did was to go to the github page to use the install all button and it was able to connect with the name P22C1 xxx and it connected. But it didnt seem like anything happened so I dissconnected and tried to reconnect to the website but it could no longer find my device.

Now that it has been a day and sonce the screen was black before it wont connect to the site and I cant tell if the power button is working since ecen if it did nothing will pop up on the screen or even vibrate when i hild the power button.

The big question is did I brick it?

Also it is an android phone LG Stylo 6

Edited by Dogmaticjoe

1 hour ago, Dogmaticjoe said:

Ok so people have been pointing me over here the problem I am having is that the watch I got is a P22C1 and i downloaded all the files correctly, I had the 3 squares then one square then step 3 and 4 had a blank screen like it said it would. The final thing I did was to go to the github page to use the install all button and it was able to connect with the name P22C1 xxx and it connected. But it didnt seem like anything happened so I dissconnected and tried to reconnect to the website but it could no longer find my device.

Now that it has been a day and sonce the screen was black before it wont connect to the site and I cant tell if the power button is working since ecen if it did nothing will pop up on the screen or even vibrate when i hild the power button.

The big question is did I brick it?

Also it is an android phone LG Stylo 6

So to sum up, correct me if I am wrong:

1.You successfully finished part one of the guide, the hacking part, the 4 steps.

2.You then went to the web loader, pressed the connect button, found thewatch and then moved on to select the installer tab and the pressed the "install all apps" button.

3.You then got no response from the site, and something that remains to be solved happened. 

a. please explain the part with the flash plugin you mentioned. Are you sure about that?. 
b. what was the watche's battery state when you started the proccess, and was it placed on the charger? 

the worst case scenario is that you stopped the loader while it was installing the init file, by pressing the button on the watch or th disconnect on the site.
This may lead to a corrupted init file, and this leads to a freeze. But it is reversible, I will explain how, but prior to that please give the best insight you can of what happened on the loader part. 

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch