eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

On 11/8/2021 at 15:13, enaon said:

Hay otras opciones de rueda si desliza el dedo hacia la izquierda, pero parece que su toque no funciona. :(

Intente instalar el controlador nuevamente y seleccione la opción 816 para el controlador táctil si ha seleccionado otro en primer lugar. 

Si no es así, entonces tiene la versión p22 con la identificación táctil aún desconocida, la usaré lo antes posible. 

Thanks, I'll try.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello together, I think I made a llittle mistake. I checked this thread and made my conclusion that to get this work I only need a watch with the NRF58232 processor.

As the link on the 1st page to an P8 were with another processor now (gr5515) I mad my own research on Aliexpress and found a watch named Colmi P9:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001091131545.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.37894c4dFr4Htx

The processor is the correct one here (NRF58232) and the resolution is the same, too (240x240 pixels). Display is a little bit smaller (1.3 inch versus 1.4 inch), but the battery is a good amount bigger (210mAh instead 180mAh) and water resistance is IP67, too.

Today I received the watch and so far it is looking good.

After I checked this thread from the beginning, installing DaFlasher, after selecting the watch (O_P9_7E03) it connects and the I get the following message:

"No correct Device was found, do you selected the right one? you can try to flash it anyway."

May I try it? May I able to get the loader work?

If not, is the device then definitly bricked and not able to recover?

Thanks in advance for any good suggestions.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, I will have a look at the p9 and come back to you, don't try flashing yet. 

Although all nrf52 can be used with time and effort, only dafit devices with the nrf52 are over the air hackable using atc1441's daflasher. He takes advantage of the update procedure dafit has implemented on the watches in order to hack them. 

For the time being I recomend p22C/p22B  watch, with the help of Marcus we now have a working touch pannel for those watches, so they are fully supported. 

Edited by enaon

18 hours ago, aze man said:

I will wait with flashing until I hear from you

it looks like the p9 is a no go. No one has tried it yet, but unless it is a clone of the clone, this is a different device. One way to verify it is not working without briking it, is to download the dafit app (the chineese app that works on supported watches) , and see if it can be used with it on not. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 12:42 PM, enaon said:

it looks like the p9 is a no go. No one has tried it yet, but unless it is a clone of the clone, this is a different device. One way to verify it is not working without briking it, is to download the dafit app (the chineese app that works on supported watches) , and see if it can be used with it on not. 

Hi enaon, sadly you are complety right, I tried the DaFit App and the P9 watch was not recognized.

---

As amazon did not exactly specify a P22b watch in the description I was not shure to order there, but nevertheless I did so on Saturday after your suggestion. It did arrive 15 minutes ago, and this one gets immediately recognized as a P22b watch from DaFit app. :-) Now first it needs to get charged because It was fully empty.

After that we are talking. Any actual advice for me before I try to flash this device?

BTW: The P9 watch is really a better quality. The firmware of it and its app (Qwatch) is actually usable, too, against the original firmware of this P22b watch, which is merely a joke.

But this is about to change soon on the p22b one ;-)

11 minutes ago, aze man said:

BTW: The P9 watch is really a better quality. The firmware of it and its app (Qwatch) is actually usable, too, against the original firmware of this P22b watch, which is merely a joke.

But this is about to change soon on the p22b one ;-)

yes the p8/p22 firmware is a joke, this makes it even better for putting eucwatch in, no remorse :D

use the testing loader for now for p22, not the one on the howto :)
https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8-testing

Edited by enaon

Spectacular!

Thank you very much @enaon for this very nice work. :-)

Although I had some problems with GATT errors and therefore needed mostly several retries until it started uploading it finally worked.

So for all the others who want to try do not mind if you have the same problems, simply try it several times with or without "Toogle Bluetooth" and at some point the upload will start in step2, step3 and step4.

And finally the EUCWatch works fine, uploaded from your p8-testing Site above.

This was the watch I ordered:

https://www.amazon.de/IDEALROYAL-Touchscreen-Smartwatch-Schlafmonitor-Musiksteuerung/dp/B08V8MHZFZ/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=Smart+Watch+IDEALROYAL&qid=1629743476&s=ce-de&sr=1-4

I would like to have some pictures added to this post, but I do not know how to. I only get an offer to insert an URL. Am I missing something?

nice, there is now an "EUC.gr eucWatch testing" telegram group if one cares, till testing becomes stable it may be usefull for debug if one wants to use it

Maybe upload is not enabled as a new user limit, I think you can just paste a link of a photo that you have uploaded somewhere, and it will show up. 

Edited by enaon

2 hours ago, James Bonga said:

Man, i must be unlucky with these watches :D Got a new P8 and on step 1, when trying to load the dafitbootloader23hacked.bin, it stays stuck on 0% :(

if the about screen says not GAM, it will work. Try rebooting the phone( or just disable enable BT) and close other prograps that may be using the BT  on the phone. As a last resort, try a different phone :)

black one from Utelite store? :(  This is not NRF52 I am afraid, don't try any more, if it goes through it will brick it. 

all P22 are working now, go for a p22 or a p8 that is not a black one from Utelite store. 

4 minutes ago, James Bonga said:

No, i got the grey version from another ali store,

thanks for this info, so the GAM P8 is spreading, we can call the p8's end of line now I guess.

but P22 works fine, so the show keeps on :)

Edited by enaon

I just ordered a 2nd watch for a friend. After I was showing him the functions on a short trip, he told me to do so. :-)

In the meantime I would like to give you some more feedback. As @ivanc wrote, there seems to be a standby drain of current on the watches. My watch lost about 20% over the night, and this morning it was dead.

This is no big problem for using it, the watch can be used the whole day with an EUC, but it would be really nice, if the watch would last some days in no use szenario before running out of juice.

Perhaps you have an idea what causes this. If I need to make some tests for you please give me advise.

And a very positive feedback: The accelerator works like a charm, too. My p22b from the amazon link has the SC7A20 one and the 816 Touch controller.

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch