eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

Greetings enaon | everyone,

I've start using p8 watches. And i have 2 questions

- how to turn it off when I'm not riding?

- when watches connected EUC bips when speed pass 10km/h and when slowing down bips again. No wheel / watches alarms configured. I don't understand how to remove this bips.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Edited by Ivank

32 minutes ago, Ivank said:

Greetings enaon | everyone,

I've start using p8 watches. And i have 2 questions

- how to turn it off when I'm not riding?

- when watches connected EUC bips when speed pass 10km/h and when slowing down bips again. No wheel / watches alarms configured. I don't understand how to remove this bips.

Please advise.

Thanks!

if by turning off you mean disconnect, then use the long hold on the side button, it toggles connection on/off (if you have the horn active on the side button, you will have to stand still for the disconnect action, the horn is taking over the action when speed is over 2km/h.)  If you mean shuting down the watch, you can't, it will last for over a month on standby, and will loose time when off, it has no real time clock chip. 

The beeping issue may be the "city"* mode on the lights switch, if you are using a kingsong. In this mode the watch changes light modes, related to day/night, speed, acceleration and braking, because kingsong has no brake light when the lights are on for the ks S18. Choose another mode and the beeps will stop.

* I find it usefull when riding along pedestrians, as the wheel will beep acording to my actions (a small deceleration/acceleration will make a sound), but it is annoying when free riding, hence the name "city" :) 

Edited by enaon

Thanks enaon,

Right. Light was in a city mode. I just thought that this will turn on only near light. Will try to play with this.

On turning off. Battery drained in 1 day when p8 was disconnected from EUC :(. That's why this question appears from my side.

In the settings screen in the Bluetooth... there is a flight mode and 3 level of BT signal straight. How this should be configured?

thanks

11 minutes ago, Ivank said:

On turning off. Battery drained in 1 day when p8 was disconnected from EUC :(. That's why this question appears from my side.

that is strange, standby is almost 60 days, not one.  If you are sure you had it disconnected, do a a restart next time you let it be (up gesture, info, restart) and let me know if it drains. 

14 minutes ago, Ivank said:

Right. Light was in a city mode. I just thought that this will turn on only near light. Will try to play with this.

this is the easyest way to explain how this mode works :)

//City lights 
                    if ( euc.dash.aLight === "lightsCity" ) { 
                        if ( euc.dash.amp < -1 && euc.dash.light ===1 ) {
                            euc.wri("lightsAuto"); 
                        }else if (euc.night && euc.dash.amp >= 0) {
                            if ( 20 < euc.dash.spd && euc.dash.light !== 1  ) 
                                euc.wri("lightsOn") ;
                            else if ( euc.dash.spd < 10 && euc.dash.light !== 2  ) 
                                euc.wri("lightsAuto") ;
                        } else if (euc.dash.amp >= 0) {
                            if ( 35 < euc.dash.spd && !euc.dash.strobe  ) 
                                euc.wri("strobeOn") ;
                            else if  ( euc.dash.spd < 30 && euc.dash.strobe  ) 
                                euc.wri("strobeOff") ;
                            else if  ( 25 < euc.dash.spd && euc.dash.light !== 1  ) 
                                euc.wri("lightsOn") ;
                            else if ( euc.dash.spd < 15 && euc.dash.light !== 2  ) 
                                euc.wri("lightsAuto") ;
                        }
                    }

2 hours ago, Ivank said:

Question. When horn mode activated button will horn but how i can turn on display in this case?

it will auto turn on when the speed is over the one you have set on the haptic speed menu, or when you raise it, if you have the correct accel selected. 

35 minutes ago, Ivank said:

Any advise will be appreciated.

most propably the accel got missconfigured, and there is no way to reset the chip other that draning the batttery. 

Select the sc7a20, and if it doesn't work, let the watch drain out of battery, it should be ok afterwards. 

Edited by enaon

On 7/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, James Bonga said:

Alright, i did everything that you wrote in the tutorial, managed to install the eucwatch but there's one problem, touch doesn't work and i have no clue how to pair the watch with the wheel :D Maybe i'm doing something wrong. The side button does work tho. Maybe you can help me out here, ty :D

Hi, is seems there are variants on the p22 as well. 

This one works fine, it uses the same touch controller as the one on v1 p8s, the best responce/energy wise.
https://www.amazon.com/IDEALROYAL-Smartwatch-Fitness-Tracker-Bluetooth/dp/B08TLMGWXJ/
https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/issues/9

is seems yours is different, if you have some time we can try to debug. 

Edited by enaon

On 6/30/2021 at 4:21 PM, enaon said:

ok, both p8 from utelite are here, both work just fine, maybe it is due to being gray and not black. It is reported that the black watch with the metal stripe from that store is not NRF. 

But both are 716, so I guess you could try a gray watch from another store, maybe you  will get the 816 verson.

Just received mine, it seems it is not the correct chipset:

P8SE (on box)

p8-b

MOY-GAM3-2.1.0

I also got the wrong watch. P8-b MOY-GAM3-2.1.0 

Is there a source where i can get the correct watch reliably?

Greets, and thanks for the work

Stefan

4 minutes ago, btl said:

I also got the wrong watch. P8-b MOY-GAM3-2.1.0 

Is there a source where i can get the correct watch reliably?

Greets, and thanks for the work

Stefan

was it a black one from utelite store on aliexpress? 

The p8 is changing cpu, either get it from a smaler store, local market is the best bet I guess, or try a collor other that black.?

Edited by enaon

Yes, it was black and from the utelite store linked early in this thread. I ordered before reading whole thread.

Now i am checking if i can find the exact P22 model linked above from Amazon germany.

This one has a different ASIN but is it the correct P22?

https://www.amazon.de/IDEALROYAL-Herzfrequenzmesser-Bluetooth-Kamera-Musiksteuerung-Voll-Touchscreen-Schwarz/dp/B08NK5PGJF

14 hours ago, btl said:

Yes, it was black and from the utelite store linked early in this thread. I ordered before reading whole thread.

Now i am checking if i can find the exact P22 model linked above from Amazon germany.

This one has a different ASIN but is it the correct P22?

https://www.amazon.de/IDEALROYAL-Herzfrequenzmesser-Bluetooth-Kamera-Musiksteuerung-Voll-Touchscreen-Schwarz/dp/B08NK5PGJF

I think it is best for now to get a P8 from say here, last I got was a gray with the 816 touch controller, it came from Poland. 

edit: I forgot the link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001913204770.html

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, enaon said:

most propably the accel got missconfigured, and there is no way to reset the chip other that draning the batttery. 

Select the sc7a20, and if it doesn't work, let the watch drain out of battery, it should be ok afterwards. 

Thank you, enaon!

This worked. 

Last unresolved mystery...

- riding LEDs will be switched off on watch connection. Do you know why?

- but the most annoying thing is that after watch connection some strange 25km/h limit alert on wheel appears. 

In the watches there is no wheel / watches limits. But if I connect euc world it shows -1km/h limit. 

Please advise.

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch