eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

3 hours ago, enaon said:

yes the inmotion v5/8/10 is not working yet, but it will in a couple of weeks, I found a v5f :)

Very cool, many thanks for your hard work to make this all happen and keep the development active (I am looking forward for the Inmotion V12 and/or the Kingsong S20 for one of my next wheels).

btw: Is there a way to send you some appreciation for your hard work (for example paypal friends)?

8 minutes ago, aze man said:

btw: Is there a way to send you some appreciation for your hard work (for example paypal friends)?

no need, I enjoy it too, I always wanted to have a watch I can program myself, too much knight rider as a kid. :)

yet, I will ask from atc1441, Fanoush and Gorgon, the guys that made the most important pieces of the puzzle I use, if they want me to pass their info, so if one wants one can buy them a beer :).

Edited by enaon

Hi,  @enaon Firstly thank you for your awesome work! I would like to ask you, whenever I connect Bridge - EUC World -Sherman, I got constantly overvoltage alarm, I had to disable Alarms on EUC World, Is there any setting on the P22, for configure this?

It seems that Sherman does not support 2 simultaneously BT connections (P22 & Phone/EUC World)

9 hours ago, Mauricio said:

whenever I connect Bridge - EUC World -Sherman, I got constantly overvoltage alarm, I had to disable Alarms on EUC World

overvoltage is normal, I am emulating the z10 and sending the shermans voltage, eucworld must think your "Z10" is about to explode :)

I will finish the bridge just as a proof of concept, and then talk to Seba, if he has some time we will make a proper two way support, both for the phone connecting to the watch and the watch connecting to the phone. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, enaon said:

overvoltage is normal, I am emulating the z10 and sending the shermans voltage, eucworld must think your "Z10" is about to explode :)

I will finish the bridge just as a proof of concept, and then talk to Seba, if he has some time we will make a proper two way support, both for the phone connecting to the watch and the watch connecting to the phone. 

Thanks, @enaon, for your answer, so, Is better to not enable bridge for now, or just disable alarms on EUC World? Could the watch in bridge mode, covers the Sherman's alarms with EUC world alarms turned off?

4 hours ago, Mauricio said:

or just disable alarms on EUC World?

yes, for now if you you use the watch as a primary device, then eucWorld is just for log keeping, not safety. The watch also has amperage/temp/speed/battery alarms, but it does not send them to the eucWorld yet.

• Like 2

Amazing news about euc world bridge! Thanks guys. 

I've been running the test version and noticed a few issues. First of all the time is wrong, not just the timezone. It was correct with the non test version. 

Second, if I'm riding and take a break, charging or not, and turn off the wheel and disconnect the watch, when I turn everything back on, it reconnects but shows zeros for everything. A few power cycles eventually fixes it, but it's concerning since I use it for the alarms. 

I haven't updated the watch to the latest test version in at least a week though so maybe it's been fixed. 

Any ideas? 

3 hours ago, volchitsa said:

Amazing news about euc world bridge! Thanks guys. 

I've been running the test version and noticed a few issues. First of all the time is wrong, not just the timezone. It was correct with the non test version. 

Second, if I'm riding and take a break, charging or not, and turn off the wheel and disconnect the watch, when I turn everything back on, it reconnects but shows zeros for everything. A few power cycles eventually fixes it, but it's concerning since I use it for the alarms. 

I haven't updated the watch to the latest test version in at least a week though so maybe it's been fixed. 

Any ideas? 

I have installed (last Tuesday) maybe newer version; I haven't experience any issues you describe with my Sherman, but, the horn-light function, when pressing button while ridding: sometimes fail until disconnect & connect.

6 hours ago, volchitsa said:

Any ideas? 

update :)

time can be set from the loader, (installer tab-settime button), gadgetbridge (it sets the time on connect), or manually from the watch, (settings-i button when on clock face)

the ks ghost connection is now fixed.
To expain this, as it may interest @Seba too. In ks, I am checking the BT initialization state of the wheel upon connection, if it is initialized I do not send the init sequence again, this allows the watch to loose connection to the wheel and connect back without any beeps coming out of the wheel. I had a problem on the checks, it is now solved. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, enaon said:

only the horn, or do the lights and the ride mode buttons have the same problem?

Only the horn doesn't respond after a while of pressing button. 

I now have a P8. Is there a simple guide to installing the firmware to get it to run with my Nik+? It's quite a small screen on these watches - are there options to just have the info you want showing on screen ie speed, battery % and possibly current draw? Also can I simply turn all the lighting on and off via the watch?

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I now have a P8. Is there a simple guide to installing the firmware to get it to run with my Nik+? It's quite a small screen on these watches - are there options to just have the info you want showing on screen ie speed, battery % and possibly current draw? Also can I simply turn all the lighting on and off via the watch?

yes to all, don't worry about the screen size too much, the ui is designed for us "older people" :) follow this guide (use the testing loader at the end). 

https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/tree/main/tools/hackme

what is the version of your p8( in the about screen of the watch)?

Edited by enaon

8 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It also states:

MOY-TON5-1.8.4

ok this is fine(compatible), just follow the guide. 

Be very carefull when sending the four files of part one, the first one especially, no mistakes are allowed. Put them on a separate download folder on your phone to make sure you do not accidentally pick the wrong one, it does not ask for confirmation.

Edited by enaon

13 minutes ago, enaon said:

Be very carefull when sending the four files of part one, the first one especially, no mistakes are allowed. 

I'm currently working out how to download files to my android phone. It's a smart phone but it unfortunately has a very stupid owner :(

Then I'll try and work out how to put them in their own folder. Then I'll try and work my way through those instructions. What could go wrong :)

Which are the first 4 files? They are listed like this:

• Images
  • p8-bootloader-2v08.189.zip
  • readme.md
  • step1-DaFitBootloader23Hacked.bin
  • step2-FitBootloaderDFU2.0.1.zip
  • step3-p8-sdk11-to-sdk12.zip
  • step4-espruino_2v09.119_p22_SDK12_SD30_SPIFLASH4M.zip
  • step4-espruino_2v09.119_p8_SDK12_SD30_SPIFLASH4M.zip

2 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I'm currently working out how to download files to my android phone. It's a smart phone but it unfortunately has a very stupid owner :(

Then I'll try and work out how to put them in their own folder. Then I'll try and work my way through those instructions. What could go wrong :)

Which are the first 4 files? They are listed like this:

• step4-espruino_2v09.119_p22_SDK12_SD30_SPIFLASH4M.zip

those are the 4 files for the p8:

7 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

What could go wrong 

it is easier than it reads :) . Never mind the folder suggestion, just be careful when selecting step1 file, the rest cannot go wrong, it will not accept them.

ps. I am eager to hear what you think about it since you have the esp32 experience and can compare the platforms, let me know if you need any help. 

Edited by enaon

3 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

OK, I'm at step 1 and it seems to have transferred the step1 file and rebooted the watch. It's currently just showing 3 coloured sqaures above each other (red, yellow, blue). Do I just wait or do I transfer the other files at this point?

nice, you are out of danger zone now, relax :)

yes, continue with steps 2-3-4. 

remember to close daflasher and start (device name will change to atcdfu and then dfutarg) over after each step.

Edited by enaon

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch