eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

8 minutes ago, enaon said:

Just to make sure, raise to wake now works,

but your accel was sc7a20 on the info page before re installing, and you selected the sc7a20 again in the installer option, so it is still shown as sc7a20 on the info page?

Yes,  it shows the same on the info page

9 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

Looking forward to atc1441 getting the new Kospet Magic 3 and others all ready for hacking OTA.

Kospet Magic 3 is a nice watch indeed.
Does it use same chipset as P8 so enaon app would work?

10 minutes ago, Camenbert said:

Kospet Magic 3 is a nice watch indeed.
Does it use same chipset as P8 so enaon app would work?

it is the next gen chipset, same family, most probably it will be the successor of the p8 yes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, t0me said:

Yes,  it shows the same on the info page

ok, so it was not that you have selected a wrong accel, but something is causing low mem and the accel loop gets killed. 

please tell so should it happen again so we can find the cause. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enaon said:

nice, to you have a 816-sc7a20 watch? 

Yes the long/short presses confuse me too sometimes, they are quick hacks to allow for features without making menus for them, I will try to clean them up a bit when i put them in a manual :)

Taping the haptic menu item toggles the buzzer on/off for that item (the dash color coding and screen always-on is also using values from this menu). 

Bridge is coming soon, I finally got the dump from a z10. :)

Yep, 816-sc7a20

Ah, looking forward to it :)

Gotcha! I figured that's what it did, but the only haptic alarm I've actually triggered was my speed alarm, so I wasn't totally sure. Thanks!

Re: bridge, woohoo! 🎉 Thanks again for all your work on this :)

29 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Thanks again for all your work on this 

I am happy it works for you, consider taking that protective film off the screen, it takes off some visibility when on direct sunlight, and the glass is very strong anyways.

what is your v11 firmware version, just in case t0me still gets problems, just to rule this one out?

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, enaon said:

I am happy it works for you, consider taking that protective film off the screen, it takes off some visibility when on direct sunlight, and the glass is very strong anyways.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of trying an anti-glare film, but it actually is quite good with nothing at all.

4 hours ago, enaon said:

what is your v11 firmware version, just in case t0me still gets problems, just to rule this one out?

Very good point! Mine is the very latest, with a stealthy BLE firmware update. (Main FW version number did not change, but you initiate update and it flashes new BLE and motor driver board FWs)
Main Board :  V1.2.22
Driver Board: V4.1.30
BLE Board:     V1.3.3

10 hours ago, enaon said:

it is the next gen chipset, same family, most probably it will be the successor of the p8 yes. 

BT 5.0 though if that's going to make a difference.     Looks like a nice watch too,  a bit chunkier looking than the P8 though.
802546480_magic3.thumb.jpg.07b1641782a700d428da3ca6ee16f157.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 6:37 AM, enaon said:

The watch Ivank got, a P8 (reports as GAM3 in the about screen), is not an NRF52XX chipset, that means the P8 is now end of line as a hackable smart watch. 

If one wants a compatible watch, chances are that new p8 watches will not work. An alternative is the p22 watch, allmost the same as the p8, 1.3 inch screen instead of the 1.4 of the p8.

Until support is ready for the next gen watches, this seems like the safest way for now. 

Hi enaon, thanks for all your hard work. I was planning on getting the p8 from your link shared on the 3rd post. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000557708951.html)  Are you saying it is not reliable to get it from there anymore?

Edited by thendless

2 hours ago, thendless said:

Hi enaon, thanks for all your hard work. I was planning on getting the p8 from your link shared on the 3rd post. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000557708951.html)  Are you saying it is not reliable to get it from there anymore?

hi, it was reported that a p8 from that seller was incompatible, I since recieved one from that same seller, it was ok, but it may be due to being an old order. I will pick up another one monday morning, from the same seller, and if it ok too, then I will asume that the report was on the other model he is selling on the same list. 

In any case, the one I got from utelite had the 716 controller, it is not the best, so maybe it is best to go for another seller, but better wait till tomorrow. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 12:04 AM, enaon said:

I just got a magic3, the screen is larger but not as bright, 3 on the p8 is max on the magic. 

IMG-20210627-095814881.jpg

IMG-20210627-095924141.jpg

How is the visibilty of the Magic 3 in the sunlight with max brightness? Will Magic 3 be compatible as well in the future?

On 6/27/2021 at 7:16 AM, thendless said:

ok, both p8 from utelite are here, both work just fine, maybe it is due to being gray and not black. It is reported that the black watch with the metal stripe from that store is not NRF. 

But both are 716, so I guess you could try a gray watch from another store, maybe you  will get the 816 verson.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, James Bonga said:

this looks like the p22, fanoush made an image for it yestertday and it works fine, I still need to wait for mine to arrive to test touch etc, but my bet is that it will work ok 

https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch/issues/9

• Like 1

I was recommended a P8 and ended up getting a S30 watch on accident when mixing up the listings. Probably going to order a P8 here shortly. I see you got some working watches from Utelite is that still the preferred seller? There are some slightly cheaper listings that look identical, but I don't want to end up with the wrong watch that doesn't work again.

Also wanted to follow this topic because it's interesting to me. Cheers.

• Like 1

I think you should try another seller, just make sure it is not reporting GAM on the about screen before flashing it. Up to now the only incompatible one is the black with the metal strap from the utelite store, but that may change soon. 

Edited by enaon

15 hours ago, enaon said:

that was fast :)

I guess you could read here, and follow the howto install espruino. Use the p22 step4 file.

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/

Alright, i did everything that you wrote in the tutorial, managed to install the eucwatch but there's one problem, touch doesn't work and i have no clue how to pair the watch with the wheel :D Maybe i'm doing something wrong. The side button does work tho. Maybe you can help me out here, ty :D

5 hours ago, James Bonga said:

Alright, i did everything that you wrote in the tutorial, managed to install the eucwatch but there's one problem, touch doesn't work and i have no clue how to pair the watch with the wheel :D Maybe i'm doing something wrong. The side button does work tho. Maybe you can help me out here, ty :D

Try using a different touch controller? Does it only half not work? or is it not responding to *any* touch?

• Like 1

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch