New EUC addict from Philly area, Great experience with Eric plam.

The wheel came a few days ago and although I have to relearn how to ride again, since it is sooooo different from the E+, it is an awesome wheel, that I am absolutely in love with.

It's a bizarre experience going from a "learner" wheel to a "real" wheel and feeling like you need to relearn.  I don't regret starting on a cheap wheel to convince myself to spend a LOT more on a "real" wheel, but I wonder how different my experience would be if I just learned on the big wheel from the start.  Either way, it didn't take long to get better at the big wheel than the small wheel, it just feels like I'm not as good because I'm nowhere near its limits.  I just have to remind myself that going 18mph on the Nik is still like 50% faster than the E+ top speed even though it's like 50% lower than the Nik's.  lol

Glad you're having fun with the hobby and had such a great experience with buying used.  I'm not that far ahead of you in the hobby and it's humbling to get a shoutout for being helpful already lol.  Pay it forward!  :-D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Caution: Don't consider a V8 a "real" wheel. Just wait till you ride a real real wheel;)

:whistling: Funny how perspectives change. My 16s feels like a kid’s toy now. 
Two years from now people will be saying the same thing about non suspension wheels that only go 50 kp/h 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Always nice to hear a happy story we all can relate to:)

Caution: Don't consider a V8 a "real" wheel. Just wait till you ride a real real wheel;)

It’s real to me :) looking at you guys in all these videos going gazillion miles per hour scares me right now. Then again I never had problems going 100 mph on a motorcycle, so I’m sure I’ll grow into it. 

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Two years from now people will be saying the same thing about non suspension wheels that only go 50 kp/h

Actually I think this might be realistic. I sure hope so.

Suspension might very well be a game changer, and why have a lower top speed than 50?

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

It’s real to me :) looking at you guys in all these videos going gazillion miles per hour scares me right now.

It's not about speed, it's about the relentless power delivery and oomph. The V8 feels meek and weak compared to modern high performance wheels or even my old ACM. The "danger" of a V8 is that it's just good enough so you could think that is what electric unicycles have to offer, but a wheel with like a 2000W motor will feel completely differently .

37 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Actually I think this might be realistic. I sure hope so.

Suspension might very well be a game changer, and why have a lower top speed than 50?

It's not about speed, it's about the relentless power delivery and oomph. The V8 feels meek and weak compared to modern high performance wheels or even my old ACM. The "danger" of a V8 is that it's just good enough so you could think that is what electric unicycles have to offer, but a wheel with like a 2000W motor will feel completely differently .

Well, I’m looking forward to starting to ride the V8F and do it for 6-8 months before I get another wheel. I think that’s how long it will take the dust to settle with my wife. This had been so sudden for her lol. 

Oh you have a V8F. Not sure how that is, but in the end it's still a small battery wheel with the associated power delivery limitations. Anyways, enjoy!

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

I think that’s how long it will take the dust to settle with my wife.

Shock therapy might be the better option, and then you don't have to wait for so long for a new wheel:D Just order that MSP (or whatever) right away. If it's suddenly there, it's there;)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1