Videos of King Song 14 inch in action

John Eucist

The main reason I went there is to drive Kevin Lee (since I have a car in Shenzhen).  To me it "felt" about the same as an MCMv2 in terms of the ride and the torque.  But I could be wrong.  Kevin tested the beeping stages against a gps speedometer (perhaps he can post about it).  We need somebody more daring like Austin to really test the upper limits to do a fair comparison (and I believe Austin actually already tested a King Song).  Unfortunately I'm not as daring as him to do the limit tests.  :P

I know it has removable battery packs (like a slide in slide out drawer), bluetooth music like the Inmotion V3, and lights.  Standard trolleys don't seem to fit on unless you hack it so that's definitely at least one major shortcoming.

I think to compare the King with the GW fail because the battery wattages in the Kings 14 is fix "Battery Set:174Wh/5C Panosonic lithium battery".

Ok, changable within seconds.....but who likes to carry 4 sets of battery and take care all of them at home

Let's see what Kevin has to say to the Top-Speed.

The 18" is maybe more interessting.

I was not be able to find any listprice

Kingsong has 2 versions. Fixed and swappable battery. Fixed one has a max of 780Wh, more than Gotway's 680

780wh on the 14 inch?!  Thought that was the 18 inch.  (Which we didn't get a chance to try because they didn't have one at the time for some reason).

source - the letter on an e-mail address from Tina

Shenzhen King Song Sports Equipment Co. Ltd

Tel:+86 755-28197258  Fax:+86 755-28094445 
Mobile:+86 150 1369 3941 
Email:tina@szkingsong.com 

Then we have two different sources and they do not match at all!

The

does not show this versions.

Looks like they like to have a lot, but do not have it.

No 12 inch available

No 16 inch available

No word about battery packs

No different battery packs for the same EU

post-109-0-85718800-1428156333_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-92637700-1428156390_thumb.jpg

A swappable battery sounds like a great idea. It should, in theory, double your travel distance without having to stop, charge, and wait. As a consumer, I've grown accustom to charging batteries (e.g., cell phone, tablets, laptops, etc.). However, as ^tom^ pointed out, are you really going to want to carry and extra battery everywhere? Maybe in certain situations. I, personally, would like to see an improved regenerative battery solution. But this swappable battery idea is not a bad idea at all.

Archived